[WCCF] AMD Zen 3 set to deliver >8% IPC with 200 MHz better clock. - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[WCCF] AMD Zen 3 set to deliver >8% IPC with 200 MHz better clock.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:18 AM
Otherworlder
 
epic1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,480
Rep: 227 (Unique: 131)
Quote: Originally Posted by ozlay View Post
ZEN 4 on AM5 "more pins" with PCIe5.0 and DDR5. SMT4 and 5nm?
i wish the next socket for mainstream has 4channels of DRAM by default.
the extra pins can be left unconnected for entry-level motherboards allowing only 2channels to run.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
epic1337 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:49 AM
Spaghetti
 
Buris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,105
Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Dude! Wake up.

This is downright fantasy. AMD already confirm Milan will feature 64C which is same as current Rome CPU. So it is expected to have no increase from to mainsteam. TR4 might see 64C due to same socket with EYPC, other than that, please stop dreaming oh my.


And I am so sorry, I was the one who predicted AMD could go to 16C/32T, and I bash those who disagree with me. Please go through my post history and check before you make such baseless judgement. Thanks.

You have nothing to support your claims that it can’t happen. Now all of a sudden you claim you were saying 16c on AMD *would* happen when I distinctly remember conversing with someone who said it couldn’t happen who for some strange reason had the same icon as you.

You have nothing to claim it can’t happen, we’ve already established that:

A. memory bandwidth isn’t an issue (TR4 has no bandwidth issue with 2400mhz RAM and 32 cores, just a latency issue) (5000Mhz RAM exists)
B. pin count isn’t an issue ( The IO die can and has taken care of that)
C. power delivery isn’t an issue (A320 boards mor now support the 3950X)
D. Size of chiplet (Could easily fit with a 10% die-reduction let alone a 30% die-reduction

So what’s the issue? Your feelings? Because it seems like the issue is your feelings.

Now you’re hoping AMD increases the costs of their motherboards by throwing in completely unneeded Quad-channel memory on Zen 4 when they’ll already be hoping on DDR5. (5200Mhz standard JEDEC speed)

Whether or not AMD WILL end up releasing a 24-core on AM4 is one thing to argue about, but saying it CAN’T is pure fantasy on your end.

And if a 16-core AM4 part doesn’t hit a limit on AM4, why not an 18-core, a 20-core, etc?

(6-6-6) (6-8-6).

The only reason it might not happen is if AMD pulls an intel and decides to Keep those core counts for HEDT simply to make more money

MARS
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G-Skill Sniper
Hard Drive
WD EMAZ001
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
Noctua U12A
Case
NZXT H500
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10
Operating System
Pop! OS
Monitor
BenQ XL2730z
Keyboard
Aukey Mechanical
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mousepad
Aukey
Audio
PreSonus Eris E3.5
Audio
SennHeiser 598
Audio
Blue Yeti
▲ hide details ▲
Buris is offline  
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
guttheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,872
Rep: 111 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by Buris View Post
Now all of a sudden you claim you were saying 16c on AMD *would* happen when I distinctly remember conversing with someone who said it couldn’t happen who for some strange reason had the same icon as you.
Check my post before you even comment anything, cause your memory sucks. Just check.


And no it will not happen, we can bet whoever lose can start to lick their shoes live on twitch.


AMD might be able to pull it off, but at this point with no competition, there is no need for a 24C/48T mainstream in 2020, not to mentioned the odd configuration of 3 chiplet attached to an IO for AM4 when TR3 can do just that fine and easily.


Just do a google and see if any article / youtube on the net that support your fantasy 24C/48T on AM4 for Zen 3. Zen 2 having 16C was already rumored by AdoredTV, but not 24C for Zen 3. Go search it up. What you expecting is not happening. Period.

guttheslayer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Spaghetti
 
Buris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,105
Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Check my post before you even comment anything, cause your memory sucks. Just check.


And no it will not happen, we can bet whoever lose can start to lick their shoes live on twitch.


AMD might be able to pull it off, but at this point with no competition, there is no need for a 24C/48T mainstream in 2020, not to mentioned the odd configuration of 3 chiplet attached to an IO for AM4 when TR3 can do just that fine and easily.


Just do a google and see if any article / youtube on the net that support your fantasy 24C/48T on AM4 for Zen 3. Zen 2 having 16C was already rumored by AdoredTV, but not 24C for Zen 3. Go search it up. What you expecting is not happening. Period.
So just checking, your new argument is that AdoredTV didn’t leak it a year out from launch, thus it can’t happen. Gotcha.

Despite the fact the 16-core leak from Adored didn’t happen until December of last year.

MARS
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G-Skill Sniper
Hard Drive
WD EMAZ001
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
Noctua U12A
Case
NZXT H500
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10
Operating System
Pop! OS
Monitor
BenQ XL2730z
Keyboard
Aukey Mechanical
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mousepad
Aukey
Audio
PreSonus Eris E3.5
Audio
SennHeiser 598
Audio
Blue Yeti
▲ hide details ▲
Buris is offline  
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
guttheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,872
Rep: 111 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by Buris View Post
Now all of a sudden you claim you were saying 16c on AMD *would* happen when I distinctly remember conversing with someone who said it couldn’t

Now I do painstaking effort to dig out for you to show just how wrong you are. I was the one who strongly believe 16C/32T is coming for Zen 2 way before it was launch.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27754884
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27798680
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27802052
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27822390
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27745366
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27708432
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27708440
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27713588

Read it before you even comment.

Quote: Originally Posted by Buris View Post
So just checking, your new argument is that AdoredTV didn’t leak it a year out from launch, thus it can’t happen. Gotcha.

Despite the fact the 16-core leak from Adored didn’t happen until December of last year.

Not just adoredTV, I mean any source, because what you suggest is just too far fetched. No reason to do so even if AMD can do a odd 3 chipet with an I/O hub. There is absolutely no reason when Intel only release a 10C/20T Comet lake next year. If you publish an article on the web I think comment will be probably claiming you are fake.

guttheslayer is offline  
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Spaghetti
 
Buris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,105
Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Now I do painstaking effort to dig out for you to show just how wrong you are. I was the one who strongly believe 16C/32T is coming for Zen 2 way before it was launch.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27754884
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27798680
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27802052
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27822390
https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-...l#post27745366
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27708432
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27708440
https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-...l#post27713588

Read it before you even comment.




Not just adoredTV, I mean any source, because what you suggest is just too far fetched. No reason to do so even if AMD can do a odd 3 chipet with an I/O hub. There is absolutely no reason when Intel only release a 10C/20T Comet lake next year. If you publish an article on the web I think comment will be probably claiming you are fake.

So in 2017 you heard “AMD could double core counts and SC will be on par with Haswell”

And it came true

In 2018 you heard: “AMD could double core counts, and increase SC performance an additional 20-30%”

And it came true.

Now, In 2019 you’ve heard: “AMD could increase core counts by 50% and increase SC performance by 10-15%”

But this, this is simply too much! you are up in arms at the thought! You Claim 24 cores isn’t needed for mainstream!

I can still here the Echoes of those saying “you don’t need more than four”, “you don’t need more than two”, “Sixteen cores aren’t needed for the mainstream!”

This is a brave new world, Su will do what she want, but they CAN put out a 24C AM4 CPU. There’s no denying that right now

Edit: The reason Intel is releasing Comet Lake is because that’s all they have to offer. Just like AMD with the FX 9000 series, it’s the best they can do

MARS
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G-Skill Sniper
Hard Drive
WD EMAZ001
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
Noctua U12A
Case
NZXT H500
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10
Operating System
Pop! OS
Monitor
BenQ XL2730z
Keyboard
Aukey Mechanical
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mousepad
Aukey
Audio
PreSonus Eris E3.5
Audio
SennHeiser 598
Audio
Blue Yeti
▲ hide details ▲
Buris is offline  
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
guttheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,872
Rep: 111 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by Buris View Post
So in 2017 you heard “AMD could double core counts and SC will be on par with Haswell”

And it came true

In 2018 you heard: “AMD could double core counts, and increase SC performance an additional 20-30%”

And it came true.

Now, In 2019 you’ve heard: “AMD could increase core counts by 50% and increase SC performance by 10-15%”

But this, this is simply too much! you are up in arms at the thought! You Claim 24 cores isn’t needed for mainstream!

I can still here the Echoes of those saying “you don’t need more than four”, “you don’t need more than two”, “Sixteen cores aren’t needed for the mainstream!”

This is a brave new world, Su will do what she want, but they CAN put out a 24C AM4 CPU. There’s no denying that right now

I am telling you if they want to increase the core count, 32C is more likely than 24C, if based on your assumption socket pins and Dual channel DDR isnt an issue at all (which I am laughing out loud cos you never wonder why TR need 4000 pins in their socket CPU? They put 4K pins for show? too much space on motherboard? Just a 20% power saving from 7nm+ can pack 50% more cores and you expect it will maintain the same power consumption? Really? I am quite impressed at your maths.)

We dont see a core count increase from Zen to Zen+ for AM4 (so your 2017-2019 explanation is BS cos you omitted Zen+ conveniently), I expect the same will happen for Zen 3. AMD have shown they don't increase core count every gen / year, and you refused to accept this much simpler possibility.


Last edited by guttheslayer; 10-13-2019 at 08:45 AM.
guttheslayer is offline  
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
EniGma1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,504
Rep: 348 (Unique: 257)
Quote: Originally Posted by Buris View Post
Now you’re hoping AMD increases the costs of their motherboards by throwing in completely unneeded Quad-channel memory on Zen 4 when they’ll already be hoping on DDR5. (5200Mhz standard JEDEC speed)
With 2 slots of DDR5, we already get 4 channels. The standard is moving to two channels per dimm. This solves the contention from an increase in CPU cores we now have by allowing twice as many memory accesses than DDR4 had in the same number of sticks. So two sticks will be quad channel memory.
Honestly with the next socket change we may actually see them increase things to 8 channel memory (in 4 sticks), since the next socket at Zen4 (or 5?) time will need to sustain models releases another few years again.

EniGma1987 is offline  
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Spaghetti
 
Buris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,105
Rep: 42 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
I am telling you if they want to increase the core count, 32C is more likely than 24C, if based on your assumption socket pins and Dual channel DDR isnt an issue at all (which I am laughing out loud cos you never wonder why TR need 4000 pins in their socket CPU? They put 4K pins for show? too much space on motherboard? Just a 20% power saving from 7nm+ can pack 50% more cores and you expect it will maintain the same power consumption? Really? I am quite impressed at your maths.)

We dont see a core count increase from Zen to Zen+ for AM4 (so your 2017-2019 explanation is BS cos you omitted Zen+ conveniently), I expect the same will happen for Zen 3. AMD have shown they don't increase core count every gen / year, and you refused to accept this much simpler possibility.
Zen 1 (denotes 1st gen)
Zen + (denotes 1st gen, refinement)
Zen 2 (denotes 2nd gen)
Zen 3 (denotes 3rd gen)

Just incase you needed a refresher on how their naming scheme works.


AMD definitely doesn’t need to increase core count every gen/year! You’re right!

They could have stayed on Bulldozer and refined it multiple times for desktop, they didn’t.

They could have released a simple die-shrink of Zen+ to 7nm, but They didn’t.

They certainly didn’t need to increase their IPC with Zen 2 AND double the core count, but they did.

AMD is out for mindshare and profit. By having at least one product that beats Intels entire HEDT lineup- (it could simply be an 18-core (6-6-6) config), they are destroying Intels mindshare, wich is very important for AMD. It also allows them to release a mainstream desktop chip for 1000$+, something they’ve done before, and I believe they hope to do again.

As to why they won’t go to 32 cores on mainstream: won’t fit on the CPU, simple as that-

3 CCX’s / 3 Chiplets on the other hand? A perfect fit.

MARS
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G-Skill Sniper
Hard Drive
WD EMAZ001
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
Noctua U12A
Case
NZXT H500
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10
Operating System
Pop! OS
Monitor
BenQ XL2730z
Keyboard
Aukey Mechanical
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mousepad
Aukey
Audio
PreSonus Eris E3.5
Audio
SennHeiser 598
Audio
Blue Yeti
▲ hide details ▲
Buris is offline  
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Overclocking Enthusiast
 
ozlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,843
Rep: 288 (Unique: 227)
Quote: Originally Posted by epic1337 View Post
i wish the next socket for mainstream has 4channels of DRAM by default.
the extra pins can be left unconnected for entry-level motherboards allowing only 2channels to run.
I want to see them put the chipset on to the I/O die. That way we don't have a 15w chipset on the board.

Maybe put an L4 HBM cache on it. Having a massive on chip cache like 16gb. The average person would never use their ram. Might be able to use system with out ram at all.

Rikka
(9 items)
CPU
Intel I5-7600k
Motherboard
Asrock Z270M Extreme 4
GPU
Titan X
RAM
Gskill Royal
Hard Drive
970 Evo
Hard Drive
Optane 900p
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Snow
Case
enthoo evolv matx tempered glass
Operating System
windows 10 pro
▲ hide details ▲



Last edited by ozlay; 10-13-2019 at 09:32 AM.
ozlay is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off