[UFD Tech]More Huge Navi GPU Rumors - What Is This? - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[UFD Tech]More Huge Navi GPU Rumors - What Is This?

post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 151 (Unique: 99)
Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
We can already deduce that there are at least 2 dies under the IHS on that Intel chip just from the resistor layout alone. So Intel isnt doing some big massive die that has never been done before.
That is not a gaming GPU, it is a datacenter only GPU and is in a package that is designed for daughterboards not PCI-E add-in cards.
We already came to that conclusion in the other thread. No need to repeat it here. And to be clear I didn't say massive die I said Multi.
I have no doubt that CDNA will use multi core dies at some point.
So this begs the same question...could we see bigger GPU dies from AMD? IMO I think we will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 348 (Unique: 257)
Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
We already came to that conclusion in the other thread. No need to repeat it here. And to be clear I didn't say massive die I said Multi.
I have no doubt that CDNA will use multi core dies at some point.
So this begs the same question...could we see bigger GPU dies from AMD? IMO I think we will.
Other thread? Maybe if someone else brought up the same point there you shouldn't post your info twice to get the same response.
And you repeated yourself yet again talking about bigger dies. No mention anywhere of multi-die.

post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 11:24 AM
Overclocker

Quote: Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post
Other thread? Maybe if someone else brought up the same point there you shouldn't post your info twice to get the same response.
And you repeated yourself yet again talking about bigger dies. No mention anywhere of multi-die.
Well, that's your own reading issues, not mind,
I still believe we will see bigger dies from AMD. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 06:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
They basically have to double jump. In a way, it's like going from 7970 to Fury X without 290X.
Yup. If it happens and the drivers are alright, then sign me up
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 01:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by Unkzilla View Post
Yup. If it happens and the drivers are alright, then sign me up
Same here... I held firm on not buying the 2080ti. Just can't support that no matter how strong the card performs.

Still rocking 1080tiFE though and what kills me about the card is the fan noise if anything. I can only get 1940mhz with 1.049 voltage and even then in some games it drops.

But at 1080p it doesn't matter too much. I want to make the full switch to 1440p and the 1080ti is lacking in some games. But I'm not about to pay $1200.00 for a graphics card.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Overclocker

This is how the rumor looks so far.
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Z-80 > i9

Rep: 568 (Unique: 398)
Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
I've thought for a while that you can't just present a bunch of chiplets to a game and have the drivers just be able to make sense of what to do in any reasonable amount of time. Different games ask different things of gpus and there isn't an easy way to just split the load by some quick pattern over a satisfactory percentage of them.
Kinda. People forget how well the muilti-GPU Voodoos fared after 3DFX died and there wasn't any more driver updates to aid running newer games. Difference between those mGPU cards and the more notable mGPU tech we all think of with modern CFX/SLI is that the Voodoo was designed from the ground up to be multi-chip with the VSA-100 designed to go up to 32 chips, kinda like a chiplet is while modern mGPU setups are kinda just plugging two GPUs into a PC and trying to make things work with software.

Hell, even modern mGPU works decently provided it's getting good driver support. The main reason it's struggled so much and is dying off now isn't because it doesn't work, it's because it costs so much to make it work relative to how many gamers actually used it and how much of a difference it made when a single high-end GPU is already pushing high FPS anyway. Give it the right market and it'd take off again, it'd just have to be a market that gets it into as many hands as possible to justify the dev work needed. (I can see it being a thing in Ryzen laptops with a Navi dGPU; basically iGPU or dGPU depending on load when using the battery, but run mGPU with both while plugged in for maximum performance. I mean, hybrid CFX mostly worked well for the few months it had proper driver support...Just was kinda pointless in a desktop.)

CPU
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 Nano (1050/550)
RAM
4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300 2TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS
Power Supply
eVGA Supernova P2 650w
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
Operating System
Arch Linux x86-64
Operating System
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition
Monitor
LG 29WK500-P (2560x1080, 75Hz, Freesync)
Monitor
BenQ G2020HD
Keyboard
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue
Mouse
SteelSeries Sensei Professional
Mouse
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX
Audio
Samson Rubicon R6a
Other
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in