[Tom's Hardware] Two Unknown Nvidia GPUs Spotted With Insane Core Counts - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Tom's Hardware] Two Unknown Nvidia GPUs Spotted With Insane Core Counts

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Food Editor

Rep: 719 (Unique: 378)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Not sure if plan cant change with the entire world still in panic about the COVID-19.
true. who knows how that'll affect timelines. All i know is, buy low, sell high.

Why do jokes always come true? We Floridians always joke about how the epidemic will come in from cali.

speaking of disease & cargo floating in from china... california has this idea (supposedly in place, to happen soon) to use cruise ships to house away the homeless crisis. what kinda nasty gonna come outta that place? N what ever happened to quarantining cargo ships to keep world trade alive, just behind by some weeks.

ok more everspace time. this game lacks two things. a spotlight, and a zoom.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Last edited by skupples; 02-28-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 06:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post

speaking of disease & cargo floating in from china... california has this idea (supposedly in place, to happen soon) to use cruise ships to house away the homeless crisis. what kinda nasty gonna come outta that place? N what ever happened to quarantining cargo ships to keep world trade alive, just behind by some weeks.
Cruise ships have the capacity but who's going to want to be on a cruise ship w/the homeless? Will they get free updated cruise ship wear along w/their cruise? Where will they be cruising to? FL via the Panama Canal? Will it be an open shooting gallery for meth and heroin? Or will it just be an open bar for alcoholics?
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Food Editor

Quote: Originally Posted by 8051 View Post
Cruise ships have the capacity but who's going to want to be on a cruise ship w/the homeless? Will they get free updated cruise ship wear along w/their cruise? Where will they be cruising to? FL via the Panama Canal? Will it be an open shooting gallery for meth and heroin? Or will it just be an open bar for alcoholics?
they'll be docked, indefinitely, if they move forward with it. So i'd assume they're sending over all but decommissioned ships (the carrier fulfilling the contract) the ones not even worthy of carrying broke as drunkards around the carribean for 3 days and 2 nights while they drink, n gamble.

my question is who the hell is gonna wanna work the sanitation staff? I mean, they can handle it quite well under normal circumstances, but its a different ball park when 80% of the ship is trying to smuggle heroin on-board. it's a terrible situation, with a terrible solution. reminds me of some serious dystopian anime stuff.

what do you do with people who strand themselves to be bums in paradise? the eternal debate of society. there are these two ladies who pan handle the corner where suburb meets i75. I bet they make more than i do.

Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Last edited by skupples; 02-28-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Otherworlder

Rep: 227 (Unique: 131)
doesn't sound like your typical consumer card, more likely to be a Tesla accelerator card, this is more so specially considering its low core base clock to facilitate Tesla card's passive cooling.

trolling an adult is very dangerous, don't try it at home nor at work. you don't want to play tag with a rabid man.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 07:52 AM
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁

Rep: 342 (Unique: 274)
yeah right. maybe the stuff they're made of, but not them.

3080ti & titan? maybe Titan & whatever the hell is above that in the professional segment. the memory is just too obscene lol.

it'll be interesting to see how it goes this time around. would be nice to see a 3080ti before the end of the year.

March / September are their release dates usually. March is way too close, so September +- a month it is then.

| This Cannot Continue | We Are Become As Gods | This Cannot Continue |

Vehicles:
Current: None.
Ex: '07 Fiat Palio, '07 Honda Accord Type-S
Illya
(26 items)
Yuki
(23 items)
CPU
Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 4000Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 8TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Cooling
EK Velocity CPU Block
Cooling
EK 1080 Ti FTW3 GPU Block
Cooling
HardwareLabs GTX420
Cooling
HardwareLabs GTS280
Cooling
HardwareLabs GTS140
Cooling
EK D5 140 Glass Pump/res
Case
Phanteks Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz 1440p
Monitor
I-INC 1920x1200 TN 27"
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Midnight
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mousepad
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL
Audio
Sennhesier HD650
Audio
Schiit Jotunheim Amp/DAC
Audio
Samson C01U Microphone
Audio
Edifier R1700BT
Other
Oculus Rift
CPU
Intel 2500K 5Ghz
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 Pro
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB
Hard Drive
120GB Corsair Neutron GTX
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 8TB
Power Supply
EVGA G3 850W
Cooling
Hyper 212
Cooling
EK Vardar fans
Case
Corsair 270R w/TG mod
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
Monitor
I-Inc 1200p
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow 2013
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Mousepad
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL
Audio
Sennheiser HD650
Audio
Schiit Jotunheim Balanced DAC + Amp
Audio
Edifier R1700BT Speakers
Audio
Samson C01U Microphone
Other
Oculus Rift
Other
PS4 Controller
▲ hide details ▲

post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 08:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 175 (Unique: 129)
they'll be docked, indefinitely, if they move forward with it. So i'd assume they're sending over all but decommissioned ships (the carrier fulfilling the contract) the ones not even worthy of carrying broke as drunkards around the carribean for 3 days and 2 nights while they drink, n gamble.

my question is who the hell is gonna wanna work the sanitation staff? I mean, they can handle it quite well under normal circumstances, but its a different ball park when 80% of the ship is trying to smuggle heroin on-board. it's a terrible situation, with a terrible solution. reminds me of some serious dystopian anime stuff.

what do you do with people who strand themselves to be bums in paradise? the eternal debate of society. there are these two ladies who pan handle the corner where suburb meets i75. I bet they make more than i do.
Simple, you just undock the ship when it's at capacity and sink it in the bay to make it a marine wildlife preserve. No more homeless crisis and environmentally friendly. Californian wet dream right there.

On topic: 24 and 48gb of ram sounds high to me for consumer cards if for no other reason than the price of ram. Expecting the 3080 to have 12gb and the 3080ti to have 16gb of Vram

Those two are probably a Titan and a Tesla.

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 188 (Unique: 130)
Quote: Originally Posted by DNMock View Post
Simple, you just undock the ship when it's at capacity and sink it in the bay to make it a marine wildlife preserve. No more homeless crisis and environmentally friendly. Californian wet dream right there.

On topic: 24 and 48gb of ram sounds high to me for consumer cards if for no other reason than the price of ram. Expecting the 3080 to have 12gb and the 3080ti to have 16gb of Vram

Those two are probably a Titan and a Tesla.
The next Titan won't be out until NIPS. I'm going to say these are replacing the Quadro RTX 6000 and 8000 at Siggraph. nVidia will most likely release a new Tesla at GTC.

Curious if the next Titan will be based on the Tesla architecture or Quadro this year.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 08:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 74)
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post
March / September are their release dates usually. March is way too close, so September +- a month it is then.
Pascal was released in April.

But yeah, September makes sense because we're looking at about 2 years between the generations.

post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Food Editor

Quote: Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post
thought i put the 20 one up last night.

possible, but highly improbable. I suspect wuhan is guaranteeing an EOY release for big boy chips, & not just NV. they'll probably try to hide it via an extreme staggered cycle.

seems some folk's memories were as fudgy as mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20releasecycle.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	329774  

Name:	10releasecycle.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	329776  

Name:	9releasecycle.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	329778  

Last edited by skupples; 02-29-2020 at 09:40 AM.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-29-2020, 10:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 65)
Seem like what I thought

I was right about the massive count cores that we will be seeing, except the SM sport 128 FP32 CUDA cores. But yeah going by 6 GPC configuration we might be seeing 7680 Cores

Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
3080 & 3080 Ti?
The funny thing is 48GB goes to the lower core count part, is that a typo error?

Anyway if anything its probably another 2 Quadro variants. 3080 and Ti wont be having so much memory for sure, also these 2 variant seem to cut out from the same chip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in