[My driver's]TSMC secures contract for intel chips - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[My driver's]TSMC secures contract for intel chips

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Is this confirmed? I saw it on wccf tech but it was a wccf tech rumored.

There been rumors of intel outsourcing for a fab for awhile but none of em ever come true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 03:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
yep, and so was AMD 4-5 years ago when they were at $2 a share

hyperinflation is real?

value is real?

we're all doomed?
Sheesh I always figured that I was seeing AMD with rose-tinted glasses, given my fanboy status.
By the time I realized the hype wasn't just in my head it was too late lol.

Looking forward to seeing if Intel has figured out how to make a GPU yet.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 12)
180K WPM is a lot for GPU dies...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 04:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

If anyone observes stocks on a regular basis, any time a stock peaks or an entire industry peaks, their is only way for it to go, and this is down because investors are looking to make money . If you speed up the decline in stock value quickly, it regains its potential to make money again and becomes an attractive investment again. In my opinion, Intel wants their stock to go down so they can boost it back up again and make more money from new investors.

Take a look at the video game dev companies on the stock market, those all peaked. So now CEOs need to make it profitable again(because that's literally their responsibility) so to do this they tear down the company image as quickly as possible by creating loads of bad pr to control public perception so that current shareholders sell and tank the price. Trying to bank on a new product raising the stock price/increasing profitability after the peak but before the drop rarely works well enough to create the amount of profit these greedos want.

The faster the price tanks, the faster the stock becomes attractive to new potential investors and the faster these companies can make money again from said new potential investors. It's a formula. If they can manage/control this cycle on a early basis or once every 2 years, they can make more money faster in a shorter period of time and they also save a crap ton of dividend money they'd normally have to pay back out to shareholders who sit on stocks long term that ended up selling instead due to bad pr woes.

I think the us stock market is abusable without repercussion or consequences using these methods because no one would ever be able to prove a thing unless CEOs/Decision makers/schemers were caught on a recording conspiring to do this. But since telepathy is a thing, i think it is abusable without repercussion or consequences) and No, i don't participate in the stock market and I do not knowingly speak to or associate with anyone that does. I'm just an observer and this is 100% my opinion.

I could name 1 video game dev company who appears to be following this formula to the T. They were the king of PC gaming at one point, then the video game dev stocks peaked so I honestly don't believe for a second that they could continuously make the worst decisions possible in the public spotlight for the last year or year n a half straight. Seriously, the worse braindead decisions possible. I won't name the video game dev company though.

50 bux says Dee I was purposely made to look like a clone of another game to spark negative pr and that they knew that trying to get their current clientele to play games on phones wouldn't work in effort to get negative pr(i don't think they ever intended to release dee i on phones, It was finished last year according to the outsourced company). I think this crap was an elaborate con to be honest. Something out of the movies. I don't think i could've written it any better myself.

This entire post is my opinion.

Last edited by XGS-Duplicity; 07-28-2020 at 12:23 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 05:05 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
there are a few that've done that.

they're outta ideas, and at the top.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 06:06 PM
Zen

Rep: 51 (Unique: 33)
If that report is true, then Intel has been preparing this move for a long time. At least Intel is determined to keep their roadmap going and definitely doesn't want another "being stuck on Skylake architecture on 14nm" situation again. Intel is also rumored to be making orders for TSMC 3nm in 2022.

My home PC
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7
GPU
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL16
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 840 500GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S TR4
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2711
Monitor
Samsung 55" 4k
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Denon AVR-X3300W
▲ hide details ▲
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 07:42 AM
WaterCooler

Rep: 75 (Unique: 68)
Quote: Originally Posted by m4fox90 View Post
Intel is in rough shape, kids. Wow.
Have you seen how much cash they have? They'll be fine.

Anyway, will be interested to see what all ends up being farmed out to TSMC from them. Is it just GPU, or are we going to start seeing CPUs too?

Deus Ex (2015-)
(21 items)
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-4790k
Motherboard
[ASUS] Z97-DELUXE
GPU
[ASUS] GTX 980 Strix
RAM
[Corsair] Vengance Pro Series 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M550 512GB
Hard Drive
[WD] Black 3TB x 2
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX750
Cooling
[EK] Supremacy EVO - Gold
Cooling
[EK] GTX 980 Strix - Fullcover w/ Backplate
Cooling
[EK] D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario
Cooling
[Monsoon] 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compressions - Gold
Cooling
[XSPC] EX240 x 2
Cooling
[Corsair] SP120 x 5 / AF120 x 1
Case
[Corsair] Carbide Air 540
Operating System
[Windows] 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
[LG] 32GK650F-B
Keyboard
[Corsair] K70 - Red switches
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic
Audio
[Audio Technica] ATH-A700
Audio
[Antlion] ModMic
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core i7-960
Motherboard
[ASUS] Rampage III Formula
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 670 FTW 2GB
RAM
[Corsair] Dominator-GT 6GB DDR3-1866
Hard Drive
[Crucial] M4 128GB
Hard Drive
[Samsung] Spinpoint F3 1TB x2
Hard Drive
[WD] Caviar Black 750GB
Power Supply
[Corsair] AX850
Cooling
[XSPC] Raystorm
Cooling
[XSPC] EX360 and EX240
Cooling
[Scythe] Gentle Typhoon AP-15 x 5
Cooling
[EVGA] GTX 680 Hydro Copper w/ Backplate
Cooling
[XSPC] Dual-bay Res w/ [Swiftech] MCP655
Cooling
[Bitfenix] Spectre Pro Red LED - 140mm x 4
Case
[NZXT] Switch 810 Matte Black
Operating System
[Windows] 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2420TX
Keyboard
[Saitek] Cyborg V.5 Red LED
Mouse
[Razer] Naga Epic Red LED
Audio
[Audio Technica] ATH-A700
Audio
[ASUS] Xonar Essence STX
Other
[Lamptron] FC5-V2
CPU
[Intel] Core M-5Y10
GPU
[Intel] HD Graphics 5300
RAM
[Generic?] 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive
[Generic?] 256GB SSD
Operating System
[Microsoft] Windows 10
Monitor
1920 x 1080
▲ hide details ▲

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by XGS-Duplicity View Post
If anyone observes stocks on a regular basis, any time a stock peaks or an entire industry peaks, their is only way for it to go, and this is down because investors are looking to make money . If you speed up the decline in stock value quickly, it regains its potential to make money again and becomes an attractive investment again. In my opinion, Intel wants their stock to go down so they can boost it back up again and make more money from new investors.

Take a look at the video game dev companies on the stock market, those all peaked. So now CEOs need to make it profitable again(because that's literally their responsibility) so to do this they tear down the company image as quickly as possible by creating loads of bad pr to control public perception so that current shareholders sell and tank the price. Trying to bank on a new product raising the stock price/increasing profitability after the peak but before the drop rarely works well enough to create the amount of profit these greedos want.

The faster the price tanks, the faster the stock becomes attractive to new potential investors and the faster these companies can make money again from said new potential investors. It's a formula. If they can manage/control this cycle on a early basis or once every 2 years, they can make more money faster in a shorter period of time and they also save a crap ton of dividend money they'd normally have to pay back out to shareholders who sit on stocks long term that ended up selling instead due to bad pr woes.

I think the us stock market is abusable without repercussion or consequences using these methods because no one would ever be able to prove a thing unless CEOs/Decision makers/schemers were caught on a recording conspiring to do this. But since telepathy is a thing, i think it is abusable without repercussion or consequences) and No, i don't participate in the stock market and I do not knowingly speak to or associate with anyone that does. I'm just an observer and this is 100% my opinion.

I could name 1 video game dev company who appears to be following this formula to the T. They were the king of PC gaming at one point, then the video game dev stocks peaked so I honestly don't believe for a second that they could continuously make the worst decisions possible in the public spotlight for the last year or year n a half straight. Seriously, the worse braindead decisions possible. I won't name the video game dev company though.

50 bux says Dee I was purposely made to look like a clone of another game to spark negative pr and that they knew that trying to get their current clientele to play games on phones wouldn't work in effort to get negative pr(i don't think they ever intended to release dee i on phones, It was finished last year according to the outsourced company). I think this crap was an elaborate con to be honest. Something out of the movies. I don't think i could've written it any better myself.

This entire post is my opinion.
Thanks. I wish I knew how to invest. I'm scared of hidden fees.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 04:24 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
TSMC gonna be busy, even once the new US fab is at peak production.

i see a future full of lots of paper launches.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 11:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
Is this confirmed? I saw it on wccf tech but it was a wccf tech rumored.

There been rumors of intel outsourcing for a fab for awhile but none of em ever come true.
i was talking to my cousin who works at intel. He works in the tooling and QC team. we were talking about the 7nm problems and guys getting fired. During this convo he confirmed it outright. I know i'm not a real source, but take it for what little it is worth.

CPU
(4 items)
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
RTX 2080Ti
RAM
16GB DDR4
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in