Radeon 4000 Armageddon Competition - Page 22 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Radeon 4000 Armageddon Competition

post #211 of 214 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 PM
External VRM FTW

Haha your crazy man. You were too busy with 2D to be bothered with HD4890 biggrin.gif. It's definitely a fan card to bench tho, I think you would enjoy it once you got properly motivated tongue.gif

24/7 BENCH
(9 items)
CPU
[LGA115x] 8700k, 7700K, 7350k, G3258
CPU
[LGA2066] 7940X, 7740X
Motherboard
[OCF FTW] X299 OCF, Z170M OCF, Z97 OCF
GPU
E-Power, G-Power, H-Power, A-Power
RAM
B-DIE, HYKO, PSC, MFR
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Platinum 1200W
Cooling
Kingpin Cooling: Venom & T-REX
Cooling
2x360 RAD Custom Loop
Case
Dimastech Easy V3.0
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 56)

In case there was any question, this is officially closed.  I should be able to do the final update tonight and start going through the scores.

If any one has objections or wants to point out problems with a score, drop me a PM

post #213 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar00750 View Post

Bad luck for me. After I installed everything, board dead, I had no choice but to move to Socket 1156 (i5 661) with biostar i55 so no 03.
I managed to reach 1200mhz but the dice go very fast. i will try again when i get my asrock from RMA. so this is what i get for now:

I shot with the camera because I was out of ice and the screen frozen after vantage finish . the score is 15246 point with 1201mhz for core and 1220 for memory.

Added the Furmark, but the pic would have needed a CPUz as well.  But you are updated below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar00750 View Post

Play with 4870 club 3D but just for gpupi and vantage with water cooling:
940mhz core and 1150 memory 1.44v load. cpu i5 661 (until i get my board fron RMA)

13:29.400 - gpupi

11595 gpu on vantage

Added and Updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poparamiro View Post

GPUpi and vantage, same 4890 XXX, 3DM 2003 is bugged (84k), **** card.

Very nice, Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUnit View Post

What? No AGP submissions? I guess it's up to me on this last day of the competition.
No, the AGP HD4670 choked by it's 128 bit bus won't be competitive; but this is all for fun, right. I also didn't do all the extreme mods and cooling because it still wouldn't help break any records; and I bought one of them brand new, so I don't want to destroy it.

I only have Win XP so I only ran 3DMark03 and Furmark.
This first set are the results from the HIS AGP HD4670 that's in my sig rig. I didn't bother including a GPU pic since these scores are lower than the AMD rig.

I just ran 3DMark03 at an overclock I felt comfortable with and I ran Furmark at the max clock I could achieve (just began to artifact). If I tried to set the GPU to 846MHZ Furmark would crash. The memory set to 1161MHZ seemed to be the cause of the occasional artifact. The memory seemed happy to bench at 1152MHZ, but that gave a score of 154 in Furmark.

GUnit 3DMark03 - 24861

GUnit Furmark - 156

Below are the results from an AMD build that I haven't put in my sig yet; and it is a different HIS AGP HD4670 than the one in the Dell sig rig. Again, I just quickly set a reasonably safe overclock and ran 3DMark03 (a max overclock probably wouldn't score much higher).

I ended up at the same max frequencies for Furmark as the other GPU achieved; and even scored the same. This GPU could run Furmark at 850MHZ; but, for some odd reason, anything higher that 845MHZ lowered the Furmark score.

GUnit 3DMark03 - 27536

GUnit Furmark - 156 GPU and Rig (Click to show)

I hadn't benched my sig rig in years and I was surprised that it managed that 24861 in 3DMark03. I thought the 4X AGP slot and P4 with RDRAM would have held it back more. Hyperthreading doesn't even work on it because the motherboard has a first revision 850 Tehama chipset that was meant to be used with Willamette P4's at 100MHZ system bus. At first I scored a little over 4000 in 3DMark03 and then I saw that all the 3D quality settings were set to the max in ATT. rolleyes.gif

I set the FX60 rig to about the max overclock that's 3D stable. I aimed for the best memory speed that still had reasonably tight timings while trying to keep the processor over 2900MHZ.

I've really enjoyed this thread/competion. Good to see all those old high performance GPUs and all the extreme cooling and volt mods everyone.
Thanks for having a competition for those of us with 'vintage' gear. smile.gif

Just awesome.  Wish I had thought of this, couldn't find my 4890s but I do know where my AGP card is.  You've been added, too bad we don't give out style points... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiJason View Post

Here's my sub's from original air/water testing using Sapphire Toxic and ATI reference HD 4890's

Added!

Competition should be updated now.  Will do a last check tomorrow and contact the winners.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 02:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 23)
^^ Hah, I used an RDram board from like 2006-2012. That stuff was ahead of it's time. Wish I had held on to some of my 4000 cards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in