Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 1137 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club

post #11361 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
This would be the main PCB that has power connected to it. Looks like it's really old (DVI only). hy-2560m_dp_m rev.03
I did some googling and pretty much found outdated links without any stock and this (which doesn't look like will fit): https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-HY-2560...YAAOSwZntcuSUn

The kit is sounding like a really nice upgrade now that I think about it, since I won't have to rely in DVI-DL in the future (the adapter to hdmi is probably more expensive than the difference the full kit x board is), and I've been holding on my GPU upgrade just because of that, because most of the newer higher end GPUs do not have DVI anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11362 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by }SkOrPn--' View Post
Wait, on second thought first try this. Write down the main PCB # from the board that has the power going to it and the output ports. Yours looks like it is similar to mine. So before buying that kit see if you cant use the numbers (model#?) from the board itself. Maybe, just maybe you can find that board alone for even cheaper? Unfortunately I cant see the numbers on your pics so I can't do the searching for you.

Oh and on the PSU, what I did was I found the main + power in on the board, and then the - and just soldered on my own connector. Yeah mine also needed a new PSU sadly. 5A would be perfect as that way the PSU is never over working and thus will last longer than the actual display itself.

By the way, my panel was the LM270WQ1-SDDB and I turned it into the SLA1 which is the overclocking model. I kept all the original parts just in case I ever need them, and I plan to eventually buy one of these kits with DisplayPort because we all know DVI wont be around much longer, lol.
What does the conversion of the panel to SLA1 involves? Just replacing the TCON?
post #11363 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 86 (Unique: 54)
Damn, I keep needing to reply. Well I figured out you have the same PCB as mine originally had I think, or so it looks like it "HY-2560M_DP_M" Rev 3

I would just try and find that board because it seems to me that it is probably the issue, or maybe even the PSU I just don't know? If it still does it after all this then you have narrowed it down to the T-CON I would say. Again, I just do not know what could cause this symptom. My other monitor (Dell) just went dark one day and it was a simple replacement of capacitors, 29 of them to be exact, lol.

Oh and I just found this, which is the overclocking setup. This requires you to replace the T-CON, but that other kits uses the T-CON you have now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-HY-2560...T/123740185646
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11364 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kenshao View Post
What does the conversion of the panel to SLA1 involves? Just replacing the TCON?
No, it requires the proper TCON and proper two cable LVDS cables. The board is also different. There is eDP and LVDS signals. I do not know the difference but I do know that the SLA1 has no hard limit written into the chip, so it lets your GPU just raise the freq to 81 Hz natively, and much farther if you do a little work with the drivers (I can show you that later).

IMO, if you do not care about overclocking, I would just get the full kit converting it to DisplayPort because like you said all the new GPU just wont have DVI, especially in the future. DP should last us a much longer time, like decades maybe, or lets hope so.

Last edited by }SkOrPn--'; 07-20-2019 at 05:37 PM.
post #11365 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by }SkOrPn--' View Post
No, it requires the proper TCON and proper two cable LVDS cables. The board is also different. There is eDP and LVDS signals. I do not know the difference but I do know that the SLA1 has no hard limit written into the chip, so it lets your GPU just raise the freq to 81 Hz natively, and much farther if you do a little work with the drivers (I can show you that later).
That's kind of what I meant, replacing the TCON with this SLA1 TCON that has 2 cables out to the main PCB. (just like in this kit you linked https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-HY-2560...T/123740185646)

So, with this $50, I'm getting the TCON + PCB + 2 cables to interconnect them + backlight panel. That looks like the entire setup that can fix my issue + give me overclock capabilities at the same time. This kit even has the same connector to the power button so I wouldn't need to replace it. And if I want to upgrade the main PCB in the future to support DP+HDMI I'll just have to get an SLA1 kit (I just don't know if I'll be able to still OC or not since now we're talking about DP or HDMI).
Am I correct in this? Because if I am, this kit looks like a godsend , I can even keep my PSU (but now that you mentioned, I'll probably try to test my Overlord PSU in this monitor to make sure it's not the PSU)

About the OC, usually i'd prefer the board with DP, but the OC kit is actually cheaper than the DP kit (and yes, I really care about it, just budget was my concern as I though i'd need to spend $150+ to have it considering the prices I saw in aliexpress, but this kit's total is $50), but when the OC kit is cheaper then yes, I'm likely trying to get it. I also have an Overlord, so I already know how to do it if needed (and I'm really used to the 100hz I can get from it, although I'd be really happy with 96hz from this kit). Luckily for my, I have a 780ti which has an unlocked driver and I can already create custom res if I need.

Finally, just finished testing my Overlord PSU on the Catleap, and the issue persists, it's not the PSU.

Last edited by kenshao; 07-20-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #11366 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 61)
This would be the main PCB that has power connected to it. Looks like it's really old (DVI only). hy-2560m_dp_m rev.03
I did some googling and pretty much found outdated links without any stock and this (which doesn't look like will fit): https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-HY-2560...YAAOSwZntcuSUn

The kit is sounding like a really nice upgrade now that I think about it, since I won't have to rely in DVI-DL in the future (the adapter to hdmi is probably more expensive than the difference the full kit x board is), and I've been holding on my GPU upgrade just because of that, because most of the newer higher end GPUs do not have DVI anymore
That is a dang good price that kit! Buy that and get the LM270WQ1 panel for around $50 for a killer 1440p 96(ish)hz gaming experience. I wished I didn't break two of those LM270WQ1 panels.
post #11367 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
That is a dang good price that kit! Buy that and get the LM270WQ1 panel for around $50 for a killer 1440p 96(ish)hz gaming experience. I wished I didn't break two of those LM270WQ1 panels.
Guess your message just made me go ahead and buy this kit. Looks like the best option for me now (and MUCH cheaper than usual).
post #11368 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

That's kind of what I meant, replacing the TCON with this SLA1 TCON that has 2 cables out to the main PCB. (just like in this kit you linked https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-HY-2560...T/123740185646)

So, with this $50, I'm getting the TCON + PCB + 2 cables to interconnect them + backlight panel. That looks like the entire setup that can fix my issue + give me overclock capabilities at the same time. This kit even has the same connector to the power button so I wouldn't need to replace it. And if I want to upgrade the main PCB in the future to support DP+HDMI I'll just have to get an SLA1 kit (I just don't know if I'll be able to still OC or not since now we're talking about DP or HDMI).
Am I correct in this? Because if I am, this kit looks like a godsend , I can even keep my PSU (but now that you mentioned, I'll probably try to test my Overlord PSU in this monitor to make sure it's not the PSU)

About the OC, usually i'd prefer the board with DP, but the OC kit is actually cheaper than the DP kit (and yes, I really care about it, just budget was my concern as I though i'd need to spend $150+ to have it considering the prices I saw in aliexpress, but this kit's total is $50), but when the OC kit is cheaper then yes, I'm likely trying to get it. I also have an Overlord, so I already know how to do it if needed (and I'm really used to the 100hz I can get from it, although I'd be really happy with 96hz from this kit). Luckily for my, I have a 780ti which has an unlocked driver and I can already create custom res if I need.

Finally, just finished testing my Overlord PSU on the Catleap, and the issue persists, it's not the PSU.
Yeah, that kit does look like the ideal setup for now until DP is absolutely required. My only concern was the power button cables was not in the images above, but like you said it looks like the same power button cable as the one you already have. Lets hope it is wired the same too lol. The OC is not guaranteed usually, but mine with the same parts does 60Hz by default, and can be set to 81Hz (image below) just by using the windows Advanced Display Settings drop down. It lets me select 81 Hz as the highest Freq. However, if you go to CRU's home page and follow the instructions you will get a fully unlocked Display. I have gotten 110Hz from my previous GPU (5800GTX), but I have not tried going higher with my Radeon R9 290. I have seen some people get in upwards of 120Hz or slightly more. But remember this display tech is limited to the pixels natural fill rates, so I suspect anything higher than 100 might have ghosting or what ever.

I just hope it all works for you and you don't have a hard time installing it. Please keep us informed as I want to buy one of these kits for my display as well just as a backup. I have the original TCON still and the SLA1 TCON, which means I already have the ability, with a new DP kit of course, to get myself DP, but for now I will stick to DVI. I just know someday our next GPU isn't going to have a DVI port, lol.

Last edited by }SkOrPn--'; 07-21-2019 at 09:46 AM.
post #11369 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

It'll probably take about two weeks for the kit to arrive (i'm in Colombia btw), but i'll report what happens in here.
Last time I checked the newer GPUs, the Geforce Super 2060 still comes with 1x DVI, but doesn't look like the super 2070 has it (probably with some 3rd party model it can still do). My first long term plan about this is to simply use Apple's active DVI-DL to HDMI adapter. So far it's working just right on my wife's Overlord to connect to an imac (however I never tried to OC it, gotta test soon prob after the kit arrives). It's a bit expensive but it works. The DP kit will be my second option now in the future.
Also, after checking a bit more, there are kits for the SLA1 with vga/dvi/hdmi, that can also be another option if we want to keep the SLA1 TCON in the future and upgrade to HDMI (didn't find DP so far), and still try to keep OC capabilities, I would prob try one of those way in the future instead of reverting to the SDE3 for DP when HDMI would do the same and will stay around pretty much forever.
Now I'll just cross my fingers for the kit to arrive without any damage and upgrade it .

Cheers
post #11370 of 11382 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

It'll probably take about two weeks for the kit to arrive (i'm in Colombia btw), but i'll report what happens in here.
Last time I checked the newer GPUs, the Geforce Super 2060 still comes with 1x DVI, but doesn't look like the super 2070 has it (probably with some 3rd party model it can still do). My first long term plan about this is to simply use Apple's active DVI-DL to HDMI adapter. So far it's working just right on my wife's Overlord to connect to an imac (however I never tried to OC it, gotta test soon prob after the kit arrives). It's a bit expensive but it works. The DP kit will be my second option now in the future.
Also, after checking a bit more, there are kits for the SLA1 with vga/dvi/hdmi, that can also be another option if we want to keep the SLA1 TCON in the future and upgrade to HDMI (didn't find DP so far), and still try to keep OC capabilities, I would prob try one of those way in the future instead of reverting to the SDE3 for DP when HDMI would do the same and will stay around pretty much forever.
Now I'll just cross my fingers for the kit to arrive without any damage and upgrade it .

Cheers
Well I wish you all the luck in the world buddy. Keep us informed and here's to hoping you get the kit in good working condition. If you need any help to figure out how to power it up, wiring etc let me know as I have the wiring diagram for that 4-pin connector and I have proper part numbers for the power supply units if needed.

Good luck man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in