Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club

post #21 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geglamash View Post

Awesome. Form filled out! Count me in captain. thumb.gif

I'm surprised you don't have thumbtacks in your map to track your bounties!!!  biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
My catleap is over the Pacific and about an hour and a half from Anchorage, Alaska. Too bad I'm on the eastern coast of the US!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

Wow good job Scribby, thread is looking great!!!

Thanks man!  thumbsupsmiley.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee View Post

My catleap is over the Pacific and about an hour and a half from Anchorage, Alaska. Too bad I'm on the eastern coast of the US!

Well, it's on it's way.  Living on the "Left" coast has its advantages (like when you're trying to get a monitor from Korea!)

post #25 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 197 (Unique: 177)
You should put places where people can buy the Dual DVI-D cables.

Monoprice:
6ft 28AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2408&seq=1&format=2

6ft 24AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020901&p_id=2686&seq=1&format=2

I have the 24 awg when my cat leap gets here ill see if it works perfect with it.
post #26 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuFA View Post

You should put places where people can buy the Dual DVI-D cables.
Monoprice:
6ft 28AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2408&seq=1&format=2
6ft 24AWG CL2 Dual Link DVI-D Cable - Black
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209&cs_id=1020901&p_id=2686&seq=1&format=2
I have the 24 awg when my cat leap gets here ill see if it works perfect with it.

The monitor comes with one, but those work!  I made the mistake of simply using an old cable when I moved my old LCD out of the way rather than bothering to plug in the cable that came in the box!

post #27 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Here are the Nvidia Control Panel timings for 100hz Catleap. Automatic timings allow a maximum of 97hz, for 100 the following manual timings are required.

qmv4qks4.kvh.jpg

2xwknjv1.xla.jpg

You may experience some micro scanlines faintly visible running on 100hz as described by ToastyX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

I know the lines you're talking about. The lines are actually still there at 60 Hz, just not as strong. I made a test image a while back:
lines-test.png
Both halves are supposed to have faint horizontal lines, but on a monitor that has the lines, the lines on the monitor cancels out the lines in one half of the image and makes them stronger in the other half.
I wouldn't worry about them. I've seen those lines on most H-IPS panels, but hardly anyone seems to notice them.
post #28 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

^ Thanks necriss!  I will include your post once I finalize the step-by-step for nVidia users (since your screen shots go straight to the end and some people don't know how to get that far!)

post #29 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 52)
Dont forget the step by step for AMD users! It will be helpful for us noobs who have no experience in overclocking refresh rates thumb.gif

Edit: Saw you added Toasty's program thumb.gif

post #30 of 11391 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoadd.nz View Post

Dont forget the step by step for AMD users! It will be helpful for us noobs who have no experience in overclocking refresh rates thumb.gif
Edit: Saw you added Toasty's program thumb.gif

Apparently this isn't easy to do with AMD cards.  I'm green so I will not be able to do more than what other's post up for you red folks!  I googled it, and man, that's not easy.  +1 for nVidia in my book!  No flames please AMD are great cards too, just suck when you want to create a custom resolution.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in