Achieva Shimian Monitor Club - Page 66 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Achieva Shimian Monitor Club

post #651 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

Some dust under the glass is the only issue, but I still like it so much, the dust is a minor issue (for only $320 anyway, which is what I paid).

I wonder if compressed air can somehow be introduced to blow dust out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #652 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 PM
1689 Federalist

Rep: 241 (Unique: 208)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post

Quote:

My ShiMian IPSB is from red-cap as well, and I have just about no light bleed or any other issues, like yellow tinting (very very mild). I have one red stuck pixel at the very bottom of the screen, so I never really see it unless I look for it specifically. Some dust under the glass is the only issue, but I still like it so much, the dust is a minor issue (for only $320 anyway, which is what I paid). The default brick that came with it is by Nanjing Frontek 110V+, and it works fine, usually lukewarm to touch.

The dust is my main concern. Going to jump on the regular "Shimian Lite" .... How easy is it to take the stand off? Do I just unscrew it off and put on a mono price one?
Yes its one single screw. Simple.

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
RAM
GSkill 16gb 3200c14 Flare
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B 1440p 144hz
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

post #653 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 PM

Rep: 107 (Unique: 87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannix View Post

I wonder if compressed air can somehow be introduced to blow dust out?

In order to do that, you need to lift the glass off the front of the monitor. The glass is held by double-sided tape. While there is a thread about someone successfully removing the glass by heating the tape indirectly (such as with a hairdryer), I have been unable to make my glass budge even a little even after using the highest setting on my hairdryer and trying to use a plunger. Couldn't lift it by a millimeter even, nothing like inserting a credit card and being able to blow some compressed air under the glass. I'd rather not break it and can live with one noticeable spec, since there's nothing else wrong with the monitor, and sellers are not responsible for minute dust (as stated on their auction terms) =/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #654 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
Has anyone tried this VESA Stand on the Shimian. From MONOPRICE: PRODUCT ID: 5970 ... just search on monoprice.

Seems to be quite adjustable. $20.63 and reviews say it can hold a 27 or 28" monitor. Any opinions?

post #655 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:

Yeah, I know... and I agree. I read ALL the posts in multiple monitor threads before buying mine, but lots of people don't want to or don't have time.

Yeah I guess people just don't have time. I don't want to read over them but I did. I probably looked a total of 300 pages of info about these Korean monitors (at least 3 threads here, one on HF, several others) lol.
Quote:

Has anyone tried this VESA Stand on the Shimian. From MONOPRICE: PRODUCT ID: 5970 ... just search on monoprice.
Seems to be quite adjustable. $20.63 and reviews say it can hold a 27 or 28" monitor. Any opinions?

Well it'll definitely hold and looks pretty stable. However, to me it looks really ugly.

I have a desk mount and whilst it says it only supports up to 23" 8kg monitors or something, it held the Achieva IPSB completely fine (glass model so it weighs about 9kg give or take). I'm from the UK though but incase you were curious it's the "CMD WHITE Vision Flat Screen LCD Monitor Arm Desk Clamp" which cost me £18 inc delivery (~$27). Looks really good IMO.

post #656 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
If your reading this thread and your still deciding to buy an almost no-warranty monitor from the other side of the world, i can tell you it is worth it. I received my QH270-lite a few days ago, I am amazed by the quality, with no AG coating and the high resolution, everything looks crisp and clear. Its almost like having those phone AMOLED screen in 27inches. When you turn up the brightness to max, images looks so real, and games on this look so nice and sharp. AG coating is bad for screens, it has no place in the home computer. I dont care that bezel looks cheap and ugly, especially the back. The stand is very flimsy, but it makes the Shimian very light and thin.
I got it from Dream-seller, he is a very good seller, he checked it before it shipped, in the one week that i was waiting for it he sold 50 of these, that does not include all the other variants, so he is very busy seller.
It came with 1 white stuck pixel near the bottom, you only see it on a black background, is very hard to notice with a high pixel density.
When i plugged it onto my digital set-top box with a dvi-hdmi cable I got a black screen with flashing blue led, so you cant use it as a TV. Also it does not like the power cable been pulled out while its running, it goes to a black screen and the led flashes red, so don't do that. As for people complaining about the minimal controls, remember the apple displays only have a power button , no brightness buttons.

So buy it, if you don't like it sell on line locally for double the price, the only thing that comes close to this is the $800 Samsung 8series 27".
Im worried when apple finds out about this they will just destroy their rejected thunderbolt displays instead of selling them to Shimian.
post #657 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
My Shimian IPSM works great as a tv hooked up to set top box. I have D-DVI in the monitor to the video card, then HDMI from set top box to monitor. I just reach behind the monitor and hit the DVI or HDMI button, love this setup.
post #658 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Any light bleeding issues?
Nope. Both my monitors are fine. No bleeding issues at all.
post #659 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I use "3 Way Adjustable Tilting Desk Mount Bracket for LCD LED (Max 33Lbs, 13~30inch) - Black" from Monoprice (Product ID: 5402 / Price $21.45) and it works great and looks very good.
post #660 of 3519 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juganot View Post

Thanks. Please do keep us updated on the progress. smile.gif
My thinking is the same. I don't mind paying some import taxes and VAT but if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg if it's DOA or defective I really don't want to risk it.
Please do pm me or post up on here when you get the replys, would be super helpful. smile.gif
I got reply from BCC, he pays for return shipping in case of defective monitor or DOA.

Still nothing from dream-seller and red-cap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in