GUIDE: Display control via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GUIDE: Display control via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HothBase View Post

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. I'm not surprised that the old CRT isn't compatible, but it could have worked with the projector. I looked at the manual for the W6000, unfortunately I couldn't find anything on DDC/CI in there so I think you're out of luck on that front. Didn't the projector come with a remote?
As for creating brightness/contrast profiles for nVidia Control Panel, I don't think I've heard of any software that does that.

Thanks for the reply HothBase. I have GOOD NEWS! I've discovered a program called RivaTuner. It allows you to adjust brightness and contrast for any monitor and does a bunch of other nifty little things too. Can even create profiles and launch them via Hotkeys. No DDC/CI compatibility required! Just plain works. Glad I found RivaTuner it rocks! thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter
GWAMM

Rep: 127 (Unique: 112)
Hmm, I'm pretty sure that RivaTuner only does "soft-control" though, as in it changes the image sent from the GPU instead of actually controlling the monitor. Regardless, I'm glad you're happy with it. smile.gif

GUIDE: Monitor/Display controls via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

I play games. In addition to my PC, I own a cosy collection of consoles including GBC, PSX, GBASP, PS3, GCN, X360, NDSiXL, Xbox, PS2, Wii, Dreamcast, PSP and PS Vita.

post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is there any way to get ScreenBright to do relative brightness adjustments? (Like +5).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
GWAMM

Rep: 127 (Unique: 112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryqiem View Post

Is there any way to get ScreenBright to do relative brightness adjustments? (Like +5).

Not that I know of. You could try contacting the developer. With any luck, he might implement it. smile.gif

GUIDE: Monitor/Display controls via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

I play games. In addition to my PC, I own a cosy collection of consoles including GBC, PSX, GBASP, PS3, GCN, X360, NDSiXL, Xbox, PS2, Wii, Dreamcast, PSP and PS Vita.

post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM

would you have a similar app but for various edid and all setting.i got the value (moninfo.exe)(using a toshiba 24sl410u)but sadly if it doesnt say native w7 ignore it,and as we all know gpu isnt smart enough to read edid so most of the time our issue is here.
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
I just set my monitor to sRGB.. don't know why you wouldn't really. It follows a perfect gama curve and looks the cleanest and best in games imo, at least on my monitor, (Asus VG278H) 120HZ 3D capable LED). It has all those splendid modes but I find those are obnoxious and they make things look very unnatural.

post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Can't get it to work on Crossover 27Q, shouldn't they be compatible?
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 PM

it all depend on the screen maker,usually you start screen then computer but a lot have this system not working properly,so when in doubt use last gen rez in this case 720p.(1280x768)but if i use vga it recommend 1920 x 1080.
or its an issue between toshiba and hdmi
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
Thanks for this, even tho my monitor has a decent menu system (dell) its easier to slide a program around to make adjustments.

post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 153 (Unique: 126)
Thanks. Will test this later!

Currently on Hiatus
1nf3ction is a BOSS!
BF3 id: Nocturin3
Disclaimer: IMHO; If you take it otherwise, your doing it wrong.
#OccupyAMD

Warnig: lulz (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher go_quote.gif

That's a good questions, my 3 female room mates use the bathroom upstairs, I just use the shower downstairs, we might have to use the trunk of my car instead, I know that's sterile and has rubber mats and walls in it haha.
Also, more updates biggrin.gif We need to keep this thread somewhat on topic haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude go_quote.gif

Yo dawg I heard you like computers in computers so we put a computer in your computer so you can use your computer while...thumb.gif
go_quote.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in