My new Qnix. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My new Qnix.

post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Well, my new monitor arrived. I ordered a Qnix from the seller Esmstart, for $295. The next lowest for the Qnix was dream-seller at $368. It shipped on Wednesday, and arrived on Saturday in Portland. Very good time.

The picture is perfect. No dead pixels to be found anywhere, and minimal backlight bleed. I am playing SWTOR on it as I type this mini review.

It is well constructed, and fairly heavy. The stand attaches to the VESA mount. It has both tilt and swivel. It is pretty stiff doing either of those things, but once set stays in place. The monitor base is heavy, as my toe found out..... There is very little wobble, and the monitor sits straight. No leans either way.

The box included an adapter/transformer for the Korean power cable that works just fine. I am using the included dual link DVI cable, and that works fine as well. It's a bit on the short side, but good enough for my uses.

The entire extent of my setup was to unbox everything, snap the stand into place, plug it in and turn it on. That's it. Works flawlessly.

I really couldn't be happier with this monitor. It's the best computer component purchase I have made in a very long time. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
Got any pics? Would love to see how it looks in person.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post

Got any pics? Would love to see how it looks in person.

I'll try and get some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I love the way it looks. Though the logo on the bezel could be smaller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 130 (Unique: 109)
yeah i am thinking about grabbing one of these....lowest overall price and the stand setup can easily be replaced with your choice of VESA mount without a huge hassle removing the stand it looks like thumb.gif

sneaky.gifAMD 4GHz Clubsneaky.gif
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulsrohk View Post

yeah i am thinking about grabbing one of these....lowest overall price and the stand setup can easily be replaced with your choice of VESA mount without a huge hassle removing the stand it looks like thumb.gif

Yes, the stand it comes with just attaches to the VESA mount. 4 screws and it's off, ready for a new one. Much better than taking the case apart.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Did it come with a 100-220V adapter or 220 only? I don't see any sellers selling one with a "bonus" of 110V working adapter.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayyeter View Post

Did it come with a 100-220V adapter or 220 only? I don't see any sellers selling one with a "bonus" of 110V working adapter.

It came with a 220 only. But they threw in an adapter/transformer thing that works great.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

When you get pictures, could you do one of that as well? is it just a plug-type converter or an actual 220-110 xformer?

Also, how ((if there were any) were the interactions with the seller? This is a new one to me (i've been pondering these damn monitors since feb.), so I'm just curious.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Interested in pictures as well. Seems these monitors are starting to build some stream. Track record so far is literally no dead pixels and little to no backlight bleed.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Anyone have dimensions on this monitor? Is the bezel as thick as the PCBank monitor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in