Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 141 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #1401 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Inc View Post

I've bought the QNIX QX 2710 and still waiting for it in the mail. I checked the compatibility list and my graphics card a XFX Radeon HD 6970 was compatible on the chart, but when i look at the back plate it looks to have only two dual link DVI-I connectors. So my question is does it still work with the monitor?

And sorry if this has already been answered, have only skimmed through this thread, but i really like this site, joined because of this thread really you guys seem awesome.

UPDATE: Here is a picture of what i mean

I have a 6950 and the monitor only works with one of my DVI ports, the top one. I thought it was something else at first but I figured it out in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1402 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

I have a 6950 and the monitor only works with one of my DVI ports, the top one. I thought it was something else at first but I figured it out in the end.
Thanks thumb.gif did find out that one of them is SL DVI and the other one was DL DVI so that's nice to know, i just didn't know which one was which since they both look the same on the plate.

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
Corsair Graphite Club
Where to find me grouphug.gif
Steam - Let's play some games
Origin - Search for NoNameInc

post #1403 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
first time poster, short time lurker here...

Ordered pixel perfect from Green-Sum($334) Monday night with a request in notes for glossy, as he had mentioned in a previous message it was random. My order came in today, and it is absolutely flawless. It has no backlight bleed at all, zero dead pixels and I don't even have to adjust the bezel, as it's sitting tight. I also have it sitting at 120 hz right now, and BF3 has never looked so beautiful. I'm 100% thrilled to no end with this buy and there is no way it could have went better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1404 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Well, after having soo many issues with DHL finally received my monitor. Didn't realize how crappy my current moitors looked until I got this one. First game I started up was League of Legends...looks so much better. Also tried out bioshock, looks good.
post #1405 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
If you have your monitor take some pictures! Post them up with your post!

For the people with the matte screens.

I am wondering if the coating is similar to what is on the Samsung TVs. I know my 40" LCD has a light matte coating on it.
post #1406 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Got mine today. Seems to do 120Hz okay except I see a dim blue horizontal line about 4" from the bottom. The line isn't there all the time, but I think it might be prevalent enough to annoy me and I'm sticking at 96Hz for the time being. I did a quick check and I think I only have 1 hot pixel that is most noticeable on red located about 1" from the top near the middle. Overall, I'm very happy and will most likely be looking into buying some calibration equipment (for this, my brother's 27" IPS, and 4 new TVs).
post #1407 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
If you could also let everyone know the seller and if it is a perfect pixel or not it would be great.

This will help others decide one who to buy from etc.
post #1408 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 308 (Unique: 224)
There are plenty of people who have been running overclocked Dell 2209WA's (probably the most popular overclockable monitor aside from the Catleaps) for 3+ years without issue

Qnix 96hz profile for 6500k color temperature and 2.2 gamma

Use whatever brightness you want with my profile.

Default settings are amazing, mine accepts 96hz-120hz. I purchased a matte pixel perfect version form hulstar and it seems to be pixel perfect. Have to do a bleed check still. The panel does not sit perfectly in the bezel

Default gamma averages around 2.0 which is fine, setting the monitor to 96hz raises the gamma to around 2.2-2.3 which is excellent and 120hz raises the gamma to 2.60 which results in some crushing of darker gray shades.

The color temperature remains around 6500k regardless of the hz, as does the peak brightness which stays around 282cdm/2. The contrast ratio is outstanding around 1,000:1 regardless of the hz before and after calibration.

Occasionally thin horizontal blue and white lines flash briefly @120hz so I am using 96hz. I will create ICC profiles for 60 & 120hz later.

Google (insert monitor) review before making a thread about it. Research (Google) before buying a monitor and then asking if it is good.

10 Bit Monitors: 99% are 8 bit+FRC and AMD Quadro or Nvidia Firepro gpu's are required to send+receive a true 10 bit signal. 10 bit consumer content (games, movies TV) does not exist.
post #1409 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbus View Post

Well, after having soo many issues with DHL finally received my monitor. Didn't realize how crappy my current moitors looked until I got this one. First game I started up was League of Legends...looks so much better. Also tried out bioshock, looks good.

My sentiments exactly.
The monitor I replaced this with was a S23A750, a pretty popular 120hz monitor (no idea why, it's been a constant pain to work with starting from day 1, shuts down at least once a day by itself on a good day, lately growing green arifacts in random areas, base stand gets way too hot, etc.,).
I have to say, this Qnix blows the Samsung out of the water in every way possible.

Its day 2 for me with this monitor and everything is working perfectly fine at 120hz. I just hope it doesn't die on me.
Have you guys purchased the warranty from Squaretrade? I don't know if I should or not with this monitor.
post #1410 of 3099 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcho285 View Post

My sentiments exactly.
The monitor I replaced this with was a S23A750, a pretty popular 120hz monitor (no idea why, it's been a constant pain to work with starting from day 1, shuts down at least once a day by itself on a good day, lately growing green arifacts in random areas, base stand gets way too hot, etc.,).
I have to say, this Qnix blows the Samsung out of the water in every way possible.

Its day 2 for me with this monitor and everything is working perfectly fine at 120hz. I just hope it doesn't die on me.
Have you guys purchased the warranty from Squaretrade? I don't know if I should or not with this monitor.
You guys are lucky to have a square trade warranty, we have no such company in India. I would recommend you buy the three year warranty, there was someone on this forum who had it and his monitor ended up dead and when he contacted square trade they informed him they couldn't fix it and so they paid him the full price of the monitor plus refunded the warranty he had purchased. I doubt you can have a better safety net then that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in