Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 51 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #501 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomagenesis View Post

I actually repped you by accident, clicked on the rep instead of quote and started typing and hit enter, so there's my free gift to you.

It's either one of two things, either your GPU is not DVI-D, which I'm thinking is probably the case, or you have a dead panel (bad connection on the pcb somewhere). I would double-check your GPU and make sure you have a DVI-D card, what card are you running anyway?

And just to get nomenclature down, DVI-D is just a cable/jack that doesn't have the analog signal passed along with the digital signal. The analog signal in DVI-I is passed for potential use with those DVI-VGA adapters we've all seen, the adapters don't actually convert digital to analog VGA, they just take the analog lines of the DVI-I cable and only use those. So, DVI-D is digital signals only. Dual-link DVI, on the other hand, is DVI with a higher bandwidth to handle higher resolutions, which is what this monitor requires. So it might be your GPU doesn't have a Dual-link DVI jack.

Trying not to be uber-anal here, but it's good if we keep things clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomagenesis View Post

By the way, I just read this thread http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/309751-33-radeon-6950-monitor-problems

Try the bottom port on your card, your top port is DVI-A

Ok, I swear this is my last one, but that thread has the naming wrong too, even though they correctly point to the wikipedia page for it that has it right. The problem in THAT thread was that they were trying to use a DVI to VGA (analog) adapter on a digital only (DVI-D) jack. It actually had nothing to do with Dual-link, which is all that matters to us with these high res screens. It happens to be though, generally speaking, if you have a Dual-link jack and a Single-link jack, more than likely the Dual-link will also be digital-only (DVI-D), which may be where some of the confusion comes from.
post #503 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So is it safe to say that the QNIX PLS is equivalent, if not better than most of the 27" IPS around the $350 dollar price bracket? Looking to buy a 27" Korean monitor of some type, and I can't see any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger on the PLS considering it has lower bleeding, cheaper, and the PCB has had some luck overclocking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #504 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
What are the differences between let's say, a QNIX and X-Star monitor??? biggrin.gif
post #505 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien View Post

So is it safe to say that the QNIX PLS is equivalent, if not better than most of the 27" IPS around the $350 dollar price bracket? Looking to buy a 27" Korean monitor of some type, and I can't see any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger on the PLS considering it has lower bleeding, cheaper, and the PCB has had some luck overclocking.

The two monitors i'm typing this on are ~$350 Irun 27" IPS monitors. My QNIX arrives tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

If anything, these QNIX should be better. If they overclock safely to 100hz+ for me, then its absolutely worth it, as my IPS cant overclock. I'd have some monitors for sale though smile.gif
post #506 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

I received my monitor today, plugged it in....nothing. I get a flashing blue light.
This is going to sound insulting but I had this problem myself and it took a couple minutes to figure it out, at which point I slapped myself in the face-- did you turn the monitor on? When it's plugged in, the light shows up. But you need to actually push the power button, on the bottom side of the panel below the light.
post #507 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodalpho View Post

This is going to sound insulting but I had this problem myself and it took a couple minutes to figured it out, at which point I slapped myself in the face-- did you turn the monitor on? When it's plugged in, the light shows up. But you need to actually push the power button, on the bottom side of the panel below the light.

Even the best of us have stupid moments smile.gif
post #508 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchnick View Post

What are the differences between let's say, a QNIX and X-Star monitor??? biggrin.gif

I emailed a few sellers and they all said its the same panel but slightly different bezel. It seems though X-star's are always a few dollars cheaper. I have one on order and will update when it comes.
post #509 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodalpho View Post

This is going to sound insulting but I had this problem myself and it took a couple minutes to figure it out, at which point I slapped myself in the face-- did you turn the monitor on? When it's plugged in, the light shows up. But you need to actually push the power button, on the bottom side of the panel below the light.

haha, yes, it was in fact on. I get the flashing only after I turn the monitor on, the light is blue for a second then it starts flashing. I really feel like it's the cable, I guess it would be good if I didn't use the stock cable too, I hear they're kinda cheap.
post #510 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Introibo Ad Altar Dei

Rep: 115 (Unique: 101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dascth View Post

Trying not to be uber-anal here, but it's good if we keep things clear.

Yeah that was just a tad bit uber anal, I already know all that stuff I work in IT so... yeah. thumb.gif

post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in