Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 54 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #531 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dascth View Post

Ok, that didn't take as long to finish as I thought. Here's my initial calibration for y'all to try out. I'm sure I'll redo it at different brightness levels and maybe some higher quality ones too, but hey, it's a start...

I'll skip the hyperbole and just say, it calibrates very well. smile.gif

DUAL-DVI 2013-04-18 120cdm² 6500K 2.2 HQ XYZLUT+MTX --- Br127.zip 424k .zip file

I just wanted to report in and say your profile is a big help. It took me from an off white at partial brightness to white. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #532 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
A word of caution:

Bought a Matt QX2710 last Friday from dream-seller and it is still not shipped.
Yesterday, he told me that it will be shipped today, but I got no tracking number so I guess this was a lie.

Buy elsewhere.
post #533 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
I'm glad. If most people find my final calibration (still working on my second one) is spot on, that'll actually tell us the screen is pretty consistent and you may not need a custom calibration on your own unit. Here's to hoping they don't vary much.

Oh, and my first computer was a Commodore 64 smile.gif
load "*",8,1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #534 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Oh, do people want a calibration that ignores black hue or not? Ignoring color problems in black and near black maintains your darkest blacks possible (better contrast ratio) but dark scenes such as dark movies may seem tinted. If you have the calibration fix those problems, it can only do so by adding red, green, or blue to balance it out, which will of course lighten the color of these dark shades.

I'm personally having it mostly ignore black color issues since I have a second monitor for movies (my VA panel). You can see that in my calibration pics previously (the one where I talk about the purple cast) as the black level is not even close to having red/green/blue lined up. If anyone wants it neutral all the way down, at the expense of contrast/black level, let me know.
post #535 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paid2kill View Post

I just wanted to report in and say your profile is a big help. It took me from an off white at partial brightness to white. Thank you.

New to the monitor scene, how do I load an icc profile?

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
MB: Asrock z68 Extreme3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD6970
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
PSU: Corsair AX750
post #536 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

Oh, do people want a calibration that ignores black hue or not? Ignoring color problems in black and near black maintains your darkest blacks possible (better contrast ratio) but dark scenes such as dark movies may seem tinted. If you have the calibration fix those problems, it can only do so by adding red, green, or blue to balance it out, which will of course lighten the color of these dark shades.

I'm personally having it mostly ignore black color issues since I have a second monitor for movies (my VA panel). You can see that in my calibration pics previously (the one where I talk about the purple cast) as the black level is not even close to having red/green/blue lined up. If anyone wants it neutral all the way down, at the expense of contrast/black level, let me know.

hmm, how do these profiles work? Are they GPU settings, windows? From what I've heard you cannot change any display preferences in these monitors.
I'm still waiting for my qx2710 but does coating affect calibration settings? I'm getting a matte model and I mainly play games.
post #537 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 75)
Just received a tracking number for the three screens I ordered from Dream-Seller. Lets see how long they ship to Saudi Arabia. rolleyes.gif

post #538 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Eh, Wha?

Rep: 716 (Unique: 531)
Quote:

I'm considering one of these displays. Very tempting, as it's pretty much what I want, except for the aspect ratio, but the price is hard to pass up on.

IF I get one, I do dabble in graphic art, so a neutrally calibrated profile would be nice. I've got a TV for movies after all wink.gif

Systems: Fukurou | Prodigy | Tempest | ArcaneServers: Minecraft SMP | Logs: Build Log - Arcane | Video Logs: Project Arcane
Quote:Originally Posted by Zen00 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gifZero, you are a master story teller, I am sleep now. http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
Sanctum
(9 items)
Fukurou
(14 items)
CPU
Core i7 980x
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI DUKE
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning
RAM
Kingston HyperX T1
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black FASS
Hard Drive
Plextor M5S
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Hard Drive
WD FALS
Optical Drive
Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Optical Drive
LG Bluray + HDDVD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 P2
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 360
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 240
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Monitor
X-Star DP2710
Monitor
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Keyboard
X-Armor U9BL (Mech)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
Cougar Control
Audio
ATH-A900X
Audio
Maudio AV-40
Audio
Polk PSW-10
Audio
Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic)
Audio
Sound Blaster X7 LE
Other
Logitech G13
Other
Wacom Intuos 3
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Controllers
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS
Other
Rocketfish 720p Webcam
Other
Scythe "3-Foot Switch"
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
RX Vega 64
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Consatellation
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1050
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Core i5-661
Motherboard
GA-H55-USB3
RAM
12GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB
Hard Drive
Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD)
Optical Drive
Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner
Power Supply
Seasonic X750 Gold
Cooling
H50 (With push/pull nocturas)
Case
CM690 II
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Monitor
LG 47inch LED LCD
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless
Audio
Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp.
▲ hide details ▲

post #539 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'll post links to some videos with me sounding like an idiot (hate my voice on videos) later that shows panel/case gap, initial brightness, partial unboxing, case materials, buttons, stand construction, and me finding my dead pixel (not even visible in the video). For now, pics as promised.

This is strange, the larger hole on the left has no purpose, it's the small hole in the middle you use.

This one came out easily, the rest were pretty well stuck in.

panel/casing gaps

Millie didn't like me taking all the pictures of the monitor and not her...
tilt

tilt

My 10' Monoprice 24awd DVI-D compared to the 3' one in the monitor box.

This shows the lowest brightness setting of my IPS (right) versus this new PLS (left). The PLS is un-usably dark at this setting; this isn't showing black levels at the same brightness, just how low the brightness settings go.
post #540 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 02:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

I wonder if the matte versions end up hurting the PQ. Is the AG coating aggressive?
Not at all. The quality is superb and the AG coating isn't even as "aggresive" as it should be.

I think this is turning out to be one of the best 1440p displays out of Korea. Easy to calibrate. Confirmed, genuine 120Hz overclock for under $300. The price for these puppies is going to go up in no time, i think.

Here's the post in the overclocking thread with the 120Hz confirmation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paid2kill View Post

Allow me to give you all the definitive proof you've been looking for! These were taken with my Canon DSLR camera at a set 1/10 of a second shutter speed. There are 3 pictures at 60hz and 3 pictures at 120hz. So there you have it, the monitor is genuinely running 120hz!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in