Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 56 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #551 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hello guys! I am looking to buy this monitor, and I am wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction for a matte monitor with the best conditions (amount of dead pixels etc) that is around 300$.

I looked for them but i only find glossy monitors for thsi price... Did they already raise the price?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreenankle View Post

Hello guys! I am looking to buy this monitor, and I am wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction for a matte monitor with the best conditions (amount of dead pixels etc) that is around 300$.

I looked for them but i only find glossy monitors for thsi price... Did they already raise the price?

Thanks for the help.

The cheapest matte perfect pixel is $349.90. It was 339.90 yesterday.
If i am in your shoes, i would consider the non perfect version while the prices still low. As your greatest fear should come from the light bleeding, not dead/ stuck pixels.

I myself got a supposedly "perfect pixel" on the way to me. It is a glossy for 314.9$. but for 350$, i would turn away to the now cheapest glossy 290$ (as we speak). It is all about Risk and benefit.

Anyway, you better decide sooner than later.
post #553 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorToucan View Post

New to the monitor scene, how do I load an icc profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagoatse View Post

hmm, how do these profiles work? Are they GPU settings, windows? From what I've heard you cannot change any display preferences in these monitors.
I'm still waiting for my qx2710 but does coating affect calibration settings? I'm getting a matte model and I mainly play games.

This is what I followed:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #554 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Can someone that has the Qnix do me a small favor please? Can you make your monitor face straight forward (so it's not tilting too far up or down), take a ruler or tape measure and measure from the bottom of the screen (top of the bottom part of the bezel) to the surface of your desk? I want to see how high it is since you can't adjust the height. Thanks so much smile.gif
post #555 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

Can someone that has the Qnix do me a small favor please? Can you make your monitor face straight forward (so it's not tilting too far up or down), take a ruler or tape measure and measure from the bottom of the screen (top of the bottom part of the bezel) to the surface of your desk? I want to see how high it is since you can't adjust the height. Thanks so much smile.gif

I don't have a tape measure sitting around, but it's a little more than a credit card from my desk to the top of the bottom bezel. I would say 4 inches maybe 4.5. Hopefully that is at least a little helpful.
post #556 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisbez View Post

I don't have a tape measure sitting around, but it's a little more than a credit card from my desk to the top of the bottom bezel. I would say 4 inches maybe 4.5. Hopefully that is at least a little helpful.

Thank you, +rep. Hmm that sounds pretty low. With my Catleap, the most bottom part of the bezel is barely above a credit card, and its bezel is pretty fat. It would take about a credit card and a half to reach the most bottom part of my Catleap's screen. Looks like I'll be tilting this QNIX up a bit.
post #557 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ok thanks, but are you sure about glossy? I don't like the idea of it as I always have lamps on in my room when it is not bright outside.

Also, what seller is the most reputable and handles problems the best?
post #558 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

I've calibrated mine today with a Spyder4 Elite which a friend of mine borrowed me.
I have a glossy Qnix QX2710 with the backlight on 145cd/m²
Here's the calibration profile: http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710.icm
That was on 96Hz but I don't think it matters. I'd suggest using a profile and checking out the difference by yourself.
Amazing monitor.
See https://www.overclock.net/t/1374065/korean-qnix-qx2710-evolution-ll-27-2560x1440-matte-samsung-pls-panel/640#post_19800281 for updated profiles.
post #559 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

Measured, 4 inches dead on.
post #560 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascth View Post

Measured, 4 inches dead on.

Yep, will definitely be tilting! tongue.gif too low for me but oh well. Can't remove that white plastic part from the monitor anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in