Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 67 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #661 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreenankle View Post

Just pulled the trigger on one from dream seller. Wish me luck in getting a good one! Have had bad experiences with internet shopping, so I am so worried now...

So you mad up your mind. welcome to our boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Introibo Ad Altar Dei

Rep: 115 (Unique: 101)
hulustar asked me a litany of questions, the only one I didn't know was what to put on invoice for my country's customs? I said I didn't know but its coming to the USA, what do you guys usually say? I saw some others say 30$ but I wasn't sure.

I hope its not one of those things where if I'm not home FedEx takes it back to their depot, I hate when they do that garbage.

post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif

post #663 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
it shouldn't matter what the invoice amount is if it's being delivered to the united states. south korea and the U.S. have a free trade agreement. there is no duty (export) fees tackled on.

i'm interested in buying one but i need to know how overclocking would affect the PCB in the long run. primarily if it would last 3+ years. not to mention the posts revealing the brightness and gamma colors being thrown off when overclocking it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Updated this post with calibration profiles for 110 and 120 Hz.
post #665 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor35vet View Post

On GNU/Linux you wont be able to go over 80Hz unless you patch the drivers by yourself. The proprietary one ONLY does 60Hz, it really wont do anything else and the open source one would flicker when going higher than 80Hz. And I don't think a DP version would do more than 60Hz. I'm using this monitor with a 5870 on GNU/Linux and both DVI ports on my GPU work for me.
displayport 1.2 officially supports 120hz at 1440p while the official maximum pixel clock needs to be overridden when using dual link dvi. i will upgrade to a better system later but before that i guess the gpu/cpu will limit at <60fps anyway.

i am not satisfied 165hz, yes i am reffering to the monitor..
post #666 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Turns out I was being dumb. So I found out my 6950 only has one DVI-D output, so that was the reason why I couldn't get my monitor to work. The cable works fine and so does the monitor *facepalm*. Now that I have that sorted out, I just wanted to report that my Pixel Perfect glossy Qnix from hulustar for $317 has absolutely no backlight bleed and 0 dead pixels, so I'm quite happy here! Highly recommended seller, I hear some guys are having shipping issues with Dreamseller but this isn't the case with hulustar.
post #667 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

I use my screen directly across from a LARGE window, so during the day, even max brightness looks a bit washed out. Even at night, this room sports a 85w 5500k CFL (roughly 4500 lumen). It really makes both max brightness, and matte AG coating necessary.

So... with that said... a 100+hz max brightness profile would be super awesome. biggrin.gif

Cal for 100Hz max brightness, as requested.

Since you were having such problems with getting bright enough, I targeted 1.8 gamma instead of 2.2, so it should appear even brighter than before, especially in the subtle dark areas. Should help pull out shadow detail in bright environments. Also, I did not have it attempt to calibrate really dark colors seeing as more contrast is probably more important to you and you won't notice slight hue shifts in dark areas if you've got that much ambient light bombarding your screen.

If you use this in dark environments or at lower than 100Hz, it'll probably seem a bit washed out, just warning you.

QX2710 2013-04-20 D6500 1.8 HQ-MQ XYZLUT+MTX EDID-OFF 100Hz w_perceptual gamut mapping MAX-BRI.zip 120k .zip file
post #668 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I was following this thread intently before I left for vacation for 7 days and it seems to have exploded. Has there been any determination on who to buy from yet? I'm ready to purchase now.

Also: Thanks to those posting calibrations! That's awesome.
post #669 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Will the Qnix calibration settings do for a X-Star monitor?
post #670 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchnick View Post

Will the Qnix calibration settings do for a X-Star monitor?
If they use the same panel, then yes.
And I guess they do since they say Samsung PLS aswell.
Also note that these are from a glossy one.
Just try them out and see if you like them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in