Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ?? - Page 69 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Korean QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 Matte Samsung PLS panel ??

post #681 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Anyone noticed if these monitors have the same "scan line" effect that the 120hz IPS ones do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinru View Post

Found a bunch of youtube vids of a guy showcasing his QX2710.
My QNIX from hulustar had this play within the monitor case, once I knew about it I had to fix it. Also, my screen sat too low in the monitor case and cut off the image a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor35vet View Post

http://i.imgur.com/8CFO6zh.jpg
There you go. Not really accurate, just try pushing the plastic at these spots with a screwdriver from the side. It isn't really hard.
I followed this image to open up the monitor case.

Found this inside. A Samsung PLS panel, that confirms that.

The metal frame that holds the monitor in place rests inside the bottom of the monitor case, as circled in red. To solve my image being cut off on the bottom, I wanted to add something here as a spacer.

Another view of where the metal frame rests on. This is the bottom of the monitor case.

Decided to use electrical tape as a spacer. Added 3 layers of electrical tape on the 4 raised circle areas that go up each side of the monitor case edge where the metal frame rests on. You can slightly still see the raised circular areas underneath the tape. This solves the 'play' that the monitor screen has within the monitor case, and also pushes the screen closer towards the bezel and closes that ugly gap.

A close up of the above image. The bottom-most red circle on this image is where the metal screen frame rests on. This is where I also added some pieces of electrical tape so my screen image wasn't getting cut off anymore.

The results. Perfectly centered image and no screen panel rocking back and forth internally. Bad photo quality from a cell phone camera, but this screen really looks life-like in person. biggrin.gif

p.s. My monitor box has this red sticker on it, meaning that it is a pixel perfect version. I ordered from hulustar for $317 non-pixel perfect, but during his "will ship out first 100 buyers a pixel perfect" time so he actually meant it. smile.gif

p.s.s.
These people who are posting up their calibration profiles for the rest of us deserve some rep! Thank them if you can thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor35vet View Post

All done with about 12 clicks from lowest brightness.
60 Hz (155cd/m²): http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710%2060Hz.icm
80 Hz (151cd/m²): http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710%2080Hz.icm
96 Hz (149cd/m²): http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710%2096Hz.icm
110 Hz (142cd/m²): http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710%20110Hz.icm
120 Hz (142cd/m²): http://woabou.eu/files/Qnix%20QX2710%20120Hz.icm
The 60 Hz calibration profile here looks slightly green-tinted on my screen to me
post #683 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Eh, Wha?

Rep: 719 (Unique: 531)
The play is probably because these same monitors also come in tempered glass varieties... no? As in the sheet of glass would just sit in what is currently that empty gap between the bezel and the panel.

So you could probably just stick a sheet of glass in front of it if you have a glossy panel and get a "tempered glass upgrade" for cheap, while also solving the gap?

I mean personally, I need a matte screen anyway so it's irrelevant, and I'll probably follow wntrsnowg's guide above.

Also, thanks for confirming that it is in fact a PLS panel wntrsnowg. Buying one tonight and that little bit of info is one of the things that made me finally decide. Any chance you could give a little more detail on how you popped open the case? I've never opened a monitor before, and it would be a shame of I damaged anything on a brand new "pixel perfect" panel, especially being as OCD as I am (I had a single stuck subpixel on a samsung TN panel a few years ago, on the very bottom row of pixels, and it still drove me nuts!).

EDIT: BTW, I'm getting an X-Star instead of a Qnix. No particular reason, it's just a few bucks cheaper for a pixel perfect matte screen, and the name/logo sounds/looks slightly less silly. Also, since everyone else is getting a Qnix, I thought it would be interesting to compare any differences, especially now that wntrsnowg has opened one up.

Systems: Fukurou | Prodigy | Tempest | ArcaneServers: Minecraft SMP | Logs: Build Log - Arcane | Video Logs: Project Arcane
Quote:Originally Posted by Zen00 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gifZero, you are a master story teller, I am sleep now. http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
Sanctum
(9 items)
Fukurou
(14 items)
CPU
Core i7 980x
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI DUKE
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning
RAM
Kingston HyperX T1
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black FASS
Hard Drive
Plextor M5S
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Hard Drive
WD FALS
Optical Drive
Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Optical Drive
LG Bluray + HDDVD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 P2
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 360
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 240
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Monitor
X-Star DP2710
Monitor
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Keyboard
X-Armor U9BL (Mech)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
Cougar Control
Audio
ATH-A900X
Audio
Maudio AV-40
Audio
Polk PSW-10
Audio
Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic)
Audio
Sound Blaster X7 LE
Other
Logitech G13
Other
Wacom Intuos 3
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Controllers
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS
Other
Rocketfish 720p Webcam
Other
Scythe "3-Foot Switch"
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
RX Vega 64
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Consatellation
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1050
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Core i5-661
Motherboard
GA-H55-USB3
RAM
12GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB
Hard Drive
Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD)
Optical Drive
Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner
Power Supply
Seasonic X750 Gold
Cooling
H50 (With push/pull nocturas)
Case
CM690 II
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Monitor
LG 47inch LED LCD
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless
Audio
Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp.
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #684 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I wish excellent castle did the same !! I got it in transit and had no email but the tracking one frown.gif

I could see me getting hit for about 50 pounds vat from ups frown.gif , it should be delivered today at home and I am at work all day .......
post #685 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
wntrsnowg, if I knew you irl, we'd probably be friends. You just think like me and posted up exactly what I figured I'd do tonight. That and I like your workspace, as superficial of a thing that may be.

So, I'm going to crack mine open finally tonight and I'll take more pictures if anyone wants to see something specific. I'll do a quick video too maybe to clear up EXACTLY what it takes to open it up.

You know I actually find that I like buying stuff this way, so I can tinker, as opposed to some perfect product I can't put my "fingerprint" on. I guess that's what draws me to this type of "deal". I've had the monitor for a few days now and haven't used it for what people use monitors for yet, I've been having too much fun reading this thread and doing something like 16 hours worth of calibrations on it! What is wrong with me that I like that better than actually doing fun stuff on my new monitor?

Also, I'm realizing that I have some "cloudiness" in my screen as evidenced in this photo below. If this isn't classic backlight bleed, then I'm wondering what it is, that thumb-sized dark spot in the middle is especially weird. We'll have to see if anything stands out to me when it's opened. It is really only visible on images such as this one at 40% gray on screen. Still visible other times, just this is the most noticeable image. Let me know if anyone else notices this or has a fix. I'm guessing uneven spacing of the diffuser makes the backlight distribution non-uniform. That or a diffuser that is low quality and simply has imperfections that no one can fix. The only fix for that would be if someone found a replacement, although I don't know if it's removable. Guess I'll find out soon. Wish me luck and that I don't break it!

Oh, and I definitely have seen "burn-in", but it must not really be burn-in if it goes away... weird.

post #686 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 11:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

OH, and here is my own personal calibration I've settled on with:

120cd/m2 brightness (12 "clicks" up from min brightness)
120Hz refresh rate (completely agree with cor35vet that if you can't hit 120, USE 96Hz)
2.2 gamma
6500k whitepoint temperature
Includes perceptual intent table in the profile in addition to the standard colormetric table for those doing gamut mappings
FULL BLACK COLOR CALIBRATION, the increase in black brightness is minimal to my eyes and I much prefer having dark areas be the right color than have them be a smidgen darker.

QX2710 2013-04-20 D6500 neutral 2.2 HQ-MQ XYZLUT+MTX EDID-OFF 120Hz w_perceptual gamut mapping.zip 121k .zip file

As a general rule, try out calibrations from different people and when you find one that is meant for your settings that LOOKS GOOD on a reference image (no color in gray scales, not washed out, etc), remember the person that posted it and stick to their calibrations; they likely have a panel with similar color characteristics. It really isn't about "his are better" since each calibration is likely perfect for the person doing it. You just need to figure out whose panel is like yours, or just suck it up and buy colorimeter (got mine on ebay for $40).
post #687 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Does this mean i will get a pixel perfect one if i order http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-2-ll-2560x1440-WQHD-Samsung-PLS-Monitor-Matt-Screen-/130868312541?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e785bf9dd ?

Since the page says 34 sold. If this is the case i will order as soon as i can. I live in sweden and hopefully i won't have to wait to long for this monitor

i am not satisfied 165hz, yes i am reffering to the monitor..
post #688 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Um, wow, long night. I need sleep. I currently have 15 videos uploading to youtube for y'all. It's the complete dis-assembly of the QX2710. I don't think you realize how COMPLETE I mean, so you'll have to see in the videos. I may end up with a dead monitor or dust in my screen, but you should be able to see any part you want inside this thing smile.gif

So, I haven't added any descriptions or names to the videos, and only 4 or so have uploaded so far, but you should be able to see them on my channel as they finish uploading. They'll all be named what they were out of the camera, which should be sequential numbers. So, I'll leave my computer on tonight and let it upload them all and you can hop on and see however many are ready at any given point along the way.

Here's the link to my public videos, start with the one at the bottom, well, second to the bottom. The bottom one is my girl trying to say something and cussing instead:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g_I0oQEneO4fZDMnTTJiw

Only took 4 pictures, did most of it as video:

I think I deserve a donut for this. smile.gif

EDIT: oh, and sorry if I sound like an idiot, you always run that risk when recording yourself.
post #689 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Oh, and I got my screen back together but it just keeps looping through test patterns, like solid colors and then grayscales and the such. I think it's in a test mode, but I don't know how to get it out. If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know and I'll try it tomorrow. When I change refresh rates on that screen, it shows the desktop for a split second before going back to test patterns, so I know it's capable of working (which is good given what I just did to it... poor baby).
post #690 of 3099 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Eh, Wha?

Rep: 719 (Unique: 531)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dascth View Post

Oh, and I got my screen back together but it just keeps looping through test patterns, like solid colors and then grayscales and the such. I think it's in a test mode, but I don't know how to get it out. If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know and I'll try it tomorrow. When I change refresh rates on that screen, it shows the desktop for a split second before going back to test patterns, so I know it's capable of working (which is good given what I just did to it... poor baby).

Since I can't see the videos yet, were there any jumpers, buttons, or switches inside that you might have messed with by accident? Did you unplug anything that could fit back into more than one area (got two cables reversed, for instance)?

Obvious, I know, but it's as much as I can think of.

Systems: Fukurou | Prodigy | Tempest | ArcaneServers: Minecraft SMP | Logs: Build Log - Arcane | Video Logs: Project Arcane
Quote:Originally Posted by Zen00 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gifZero, you are a master story teller, I am sleep now. http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
Sanctum
(9 items)
Fukurou
(14 items)
CPU
Core i7 980x
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI DUKE
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning
RAM
Kingston HyperX T1
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black FASS
Hard Drive
Plextor M5S
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Hard Drive
WD FALS
Optical Drive
Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Optical Drive
LG Bluray + HDDVD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 P2
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 360
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 240
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Monitor
X-Star DP2710
Monitor
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Keyboard
X-Armor U9BL (Mech)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
Cougar Control
Audio
ATH-A900X
Audio
Maudio AV-40
Audio
Polk PSW-10
Audio
Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic)
Audio
Sound Blaster X7 LE
Other
Logitech G13
Other
Wacom Intuos 3
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Controllers
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS
Other
Rocketfish 720p Webcam
Other
Scythe "3-Foot Switch"
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
RX Vega 64
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Consatellation
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1050
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Core i5-661
Motherboard
GA-H55-USB3
RAM
12GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB
Hard Drive
Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD)
Optical Drive
Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner
Power Supply
Seasonic X750 Gold
Cooling
H50 (With push/pull nocturas)
Case
CM690 II
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Monitor
LG 47inch LED LCD
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless
Audio
Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp.
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in