[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 141 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

post #1401 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 90)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

La Jolla is a sunny place! smile.gif

The matte is super nice semi-gloss to boot.

This is the best matte I've seen so far. I used to have old Dell Mattes and the text was very grainy. This QNIX matte looks almost as good for text as my Apple 27 glossy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1402 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Windows 10 is good

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
QUESTION I'm seeing a possibly different brightness uniformity at 120hz than 96hz, particularly at the top right area vs. the other quadrants of the screen. Other than it darkening colors, should I be concerned with that or just enjoy? I know the uniformity is supposed to worsen with refresh rate boosts, but am curious how it compares to others' panels...

96hz picture with my phone (intended to show the uniformity difference brightness-wise, it's just from my cell phone and is dimmer than it looks in-person, the blue/yellow tinging is pretty accurate though across the panel)):

120hz of the same:

Should I be concerned at all? To me it looks like the same uniformity difference but just more visible because of the dimmer display at 120hz compared to 96hz (as everyone has mentioned PLS panels darken some at higher refresh). Both pictures taken with max brightness.

Have a problem with your FUD being dispelled by fact checkers?
"Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world." biggrin.gif
post #1403 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Forewarning: Sorry for my terrible grammar.

Review of QNIX pixel perfect:
Seller: allkillsale
price: $320

Last month I ordered a crossover blade and regretted it the day after it shipped, I knew it was going to be an awesome monitor however this thread convinced me of the higher fidelity of the PLS panel. My crossover came in five days after the order was placed with the box in perfect condition. After setting it up the monitor booted without a hitch the colours were incredible however it shipped with 7-12 dead pixels in the corner, this alone would not warrant me attempting to send it back to korea however there was atrocious light bleed seen here:

http://imgur.com/a/irGD6

This was tolerable but left me disappointed, I attempted to fix both issues with massaging and taking off the back panel however the screws were so tightly in place I was unable to remove the bezel. I contacted allkillsale and that night he replied eager to help me. I sent him the pictures and without a fuss he agreed to replace the monitor. After quite a few friendly emails that were replied to promptly he agreed to swap my purchase to a QNIX pixel perfect monitor with minimal light bleed. He didn't have them at his shop at the time so he bought a batch to specially accommodate me even after he paid for the return shipping of the monitor. I couldn't be happier with the service that allkillsale provided and I would highly recommend him as a seller, his 100% ebay reputation is the truth and he definitely earned a customer. The monitor will be arriving tonight and I will do a full review when it does as well as a non-technical comparison of the experience of the crossover vs the qnix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1404 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Windows 10 is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feild Scarecrow View Post

Last month I ordered a crossover blade and regretted it the day after it shipped, I knew it was going to be an awesome monitor however this thread convinced me of the higher fidelity of the PLS panel. My crossover came in five days after the order was placed with the box in perfect condition. After setting it up the monitor booted without a hitch the colours were incredible however it shipped with 7-12 dead pixels in the corner, this alone would not warrant me attempting to send it back to korea however there was atrocious light bleed seen here:

[*IMG ALT=""]https://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1464113/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

[*IMG ALT=""]https://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1464115/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

This was tolerable but left me disappointed, I attempted to fix both issues with massaging and taking off the back panel however the screws were so tightly in place I was unable to remove the bezel. I contacted allkillsale and that night he replied eager to help me. I sent him the pictures and without a fuss he agreed to replace the monitor. After quite a few friendly emails that were replied to promptly he agreed to swap my purchase to a QNIX pixel perfect monitor. He didn't have them at his shop at the time so he bought a batch to specially accommodate me even after he paid for the return shipping of the monitor. I couldn't be happier with the service that allkillsale provided and I would highly recommend him as a seller, his 100% ebay reputation is the truth and he definitely earned a customer. The monitor will be arriving tonight and I will do a full review when it does as well as a non-technical comparison of the experience of the crossover vs the qnix.

Thanks, good info to know!

"Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world." biggrin.gif
post #1405 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson View Post

This is the best matte I've seen so far. I used to have old Dell Mattes and the text was very grainy. This QNIX matte looks almost as good for text as my Apple 27 glossy.

sounds like it's like a very good in-between matte and glossy. I do love the vibrancy on glossy screens, but I might just not want to deal with reflections all together, especially when I have been moving around a lot lately..

post #1406 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 60)
Huh, interesting. 100% and I have not heard of this seller before your post.

post #1407 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

After an afternoon of tearing my hair out, I have come to the conclusion that my display no longer supports 120Hz. It also doesn't seem to like CRU very much, I've only been able to get back up to 96Hz using the catleap inf and Nvidia CP. If I use CRU then on reboot the monitor makes a clucking noise and goes black, with the blue power LED flashing on and off. As if it's taunting me.

Now, how do I detect/ ensure that games are using 96Hz instead of 60? Force Vsync through nvidia cp?
post #1408 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/flashwiz/dp2710led-event.jpg
does this broke english banner mean I'll be getting a 0-2 dead pixel monitor?

post #1409 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Windows 10 is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/flashwiz/dp2710led-event.jpg
does this broke english banner mean I'll be getting a 0-2 dead pixel monitor?

Yes, it does/should.

post #1410 of 26164 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feild Scarecrow View Post

This was tolerable but left me disappointed, I attempted to fix both issues with massaging and taking off the back panel however the screws were so tightly in place I was unable to remove the bezel. I contacted allkillsale and that night he replied eager to help me. I sent him the pictures and without a fuss he agreed to replace the monitor. After quite a few friendly emails that were replied to promptly he agreed to swap my purchase to a QNIX pixel perfect monitor with minimal light bleed. He didn't have them at his shop at the time so he bought a batch to specially accommodate me even after he paid for the return shipping of the monitor. I couldn't be happier with the service that allkillsale provided and I would highly recommend him as a seller, his 100% ebay reputation is the truth and he definitely earned a customer. The monitor will be arriving tonight and I will do a full review when it does as well as a non-technical comparison of the experience of the crossover vs the qnix.

Taking up to posts because I'm a badass,

Monitor arrived in amazing condition, box again not damaged. This time however it arrived in 2 days!!!! from Korea to Canada, import fees were $18 opposed to the previous monitor which was $26.

I opened up the package and was intrigued that they used the exact same packaging style and that it shipped with the same cords. Once I pulled out the monitor I was flabbergasted that the back, stand, buttons,bezel and inputs were the same as my Crossover blade. It is literally identical externally to the blade.

Fired it up and no interference cause in my speakers, displayed 1440p with no configuration required. Colours seem identical to the crossover but as others have said contrast is slightly better making things pop out for the wow factor a more. As said it was pixel perfect, there is light bleed but nothing compared to the blade I received. I am extremely happy with the change the gloss may get annoying but my computer is in a dungeon so it is not a problem as of this moment. The stand does not have enough surface area to properly deal with movement but it looks nice and keeps the monitor straight. I used to use a 32inch tv so the pixel density makes everything smooth so much so that it is indescribable.

Would I buy another monitor from allkillsale knowing that it would be bad and then dealing with it?

Absolutely, I wasn't stressed for a second about the state of these affairs even the extra time it took to receive the monitor made it a better purchase than a monitor sold in NA. Overclocking next, probably tommorow.

PS: monitor shows up as dual dvi which is strange.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in