[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 147 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

post #1461 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post

Debezal? Sounds like some satanic god tongue.gif. On the first page there is a description of a method some people have used to remove panel-play, maybe that can help with your situation.

You shouldn´t format, its just a monitor. Try to overclock it if you want. Otherwise just enjoy it.,

Yeah.. thought I misspelled. Haha. The gap comes out. Like it isn't held tight against the screen. I thought I was reading everyone else has problems with the bezel being off center? Idk. I need to go to work though. Thanks for any help you guys give me. Will be back in 6-7 hours. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1462 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboss View Post

I have a question, i have minor backlight bleed at the very middle top of my screen but i'm wondering if the success rate of that backlight bleed fix is 100% successful or not. Is there also a chance that it might create more backlight bleed if not done right?

I think when i press on the bezel at the top the backlight bleed dissipates a bit, that's something i can fix by relieving or adding pressure to the bezel? If i do decide to disassemble it, it's going to be a HUGE pain in the ass as my monitor is already wall mounted so i would have to take off the wall mount and what not to do this haha.

It is not a 100% solution to fix the bleed. I have been able to successfully fix a lot of bleed on both of my panels except for one spot on the bottom left that looks like a flashlight cone coming from the bottom. Can't get rid of it and I've done the massage and tape trick and it won't go away. Very annoying.
post #1463 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascth View Post

Wow, I missed a lot. I don't think I can catch up. We had a baby and I've been out of the loop. Upon trying to edit some newborn pics I noticed color banding on my Qnix in Lightroom, especially in over-exposed photos. I actually narrowed it down to my calibration. If anyone else notices this, let me know if the profile below fixes it. I made a new calibration profile using a matrix-based profile instead of LUT, which is more compatible with applications and is supposedly "smoother" at the expense of absolute accuracy. My banding problem went away and I see no tangible inaccuracy.

Profile: QX2710 60Hz - 2013-05-15 D6500 2.22 HQ 3xCurve+MTX.zip 11k .zip file

Here's what banding looks like (upped exposure to exaggerate): (Click to show)
Here's the original pic just to show of my new baby :) : (Click to show)

Congratulations on your new baby. Very precious and cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1464 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

I can't decide if I want matte or glossy

You will not be disappointed by the matte. This is without a doubt the best 27" ips panel i've seen the clarity and color are outstanding.
post #1465 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 60)
Awesome...except it's PLS! wink.gif

And posts can be edited to avoid such a triple. No biggie but better forum etiquette.

post #1466 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

La Jolla is a sunny place! smile.gif

The matte is super nice semi-gloss to boot.

I work in La Jolla, so I know this to be true. biggrin.gif
post #1467 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 56)
Just got my monoprice cables in ordered 3 24AWG. Man these things are huge! I'm happy to report my scan line went away and was able to push the screen up to 135 but had scan lines everywhere, then I tried 130 and had maybe half a dozen scan line. Scan lines went away at 127 and i decided to settle at 120Hz. I'm sure I can get 130 stable with 600 series gpu and tweaking the timings! biggrin.gif This monitor gets better everyday. I didn't test the other 2 cables as I think i got the best one so far and i don't wanna put stress on the dvi ports. I'll get pics up in a bit.

Hes sad cause I'm going Intel.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1o2l go_quote.gif
Intel won't let AMD fail. AMD helps Intel by keeping the government off Intel's ass.
Enfluenza: CRY
Enfluenza: then imma buy some dozers and mow ur bridge
post #1468 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio831 View Post

i don't wanna put stress on the dvi ports.

Good plan.

post #1469 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio831 View Post

Just got my monoprice cables in ordered 3 24AWG. Man these things are huge! I'm happy to report my scan line went away and was able to push the screen up to 135 but had scan lines everywhere, then I tried 130 and had maybe half a dozen scan line. Scan lines went away at 127 and i decided to settle at 120Hz. I'm sure I can get 130 stable with 600 series gpu and tweaking the timings! biggrin.gif This monitor gets better everyday. I didn't test the other 2 cables as I think i got the best one so far and i don't wanna put stress on the dvi ports. I'll get pics up in a bit.

Just curious but what hz did you get on stock cable?
post #1470 of 26174 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

(I have 1 GTX 560 Ti)

I applied the new beta driver from nvidia (320.14) and applied the full/SLI version of the patch. With this I managed to go from 96Hz up to 110Hz with LCD Reduced. 120Hz works but I get those scan lines.

Could people post their custom timings for 120Hz? I don't wanna give up on running full 120Hz just yet.

EDIT: After further testing my monitor seems to work as it should at 119Hz with LCD reduced. So I really can't imagine there needs to be done a lot of tweaking to hit the magic 120Hz.

This is the X-Star DP2710 for anyone curious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in