[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1804 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

post #18031 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Did you click add then select the LCD reduced (drop down menu)option then type in 120 for frequency? Try that

Hi Quad, thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a go on frequencies ranging from 103hz to 120hz and had no luck. The distortion is not as bad as I have seen in the past when I use LCD reduced but still not OK. Does this mean I have reached my monitor limits or are there are ways around these problems?

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 354 (Unique: 199)
Ok so i managed to take most of the yellowness out and make the whites appear more white......how?

Well, i actually turned up the brightness on the monitor itself, felt kinda stupid after messing about with software for a couple of hours doh.gif

AMD Community Manager for ANZ

post #18033 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 60 (Unique: 41)
Brig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

Ok so i managed to take most of the yellowness out and make the whites appear more white......how?

Well, i actually turned up the brightness on the monitor itself, felt kinda stupid after messing about with software for a couple of hours doh.gif
Brightness does not change color accuracy appreciably. What you're seeing is the impact of higher brightness, which isn't going to remain comfortable over time, particularly at night.

Try switching between dark and bright scenes and see how your eyes go o.O

Try my profiles a few posts ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18034 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 354 (Unique: 199)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

Brig
Brightness does not change color accuracy appreciably. What you're seeing is the impact of higher brightness, which isn't going to remain comfortable over time, particularly at night.

Try switching between dark and bright scenes and see how your eyes go o.O

Try my profiles a few posts ago.

I ended up making my own actually, didn't see yours till after, I've got it quite nice atm though, Max Blue, 85% Green and 85% Red is working quite nicely smile.gif

AMD Community Manager for ANZ

post #18035 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 174 (Unique: 139)
So I've been messing with these Korean "distributors" a little to see who's who. It's tough when you don't speak much Korean, but they usually speak English. They are really savvy and they think Westerners are dumb as rocks. Pretty much all of the eBay sellers are from the same company: BCC Korea, and they can be shady as Hell. Ask them a question they will tell you whatever you want to hear. Then you'll get whatever they feel like sending you; usually you get what you ordered. They don't seem out to get you so much as just too busy to care.

But I found a new "seedling", if you will. Gmarketmall is one of their new sellers. If you look at how they are doing this, it's pretty much the same approach as real-money-traders from MMOs. They make "bots". They had that account open since mid 2012 or something, then like a month ago they bought 8 small items for some feedback, and started selling snail cream, now they are selling monitors.

So I ordered an "Ultimate Perfect Pixel" Qnix from Gmarketmall this past Friday. I wasn't totally surprised that I did not get any feedback for paying immediately (and still haven't, though my item has been shipped). They have only 188 but 100% and I bet they are trying to keep that one from getting smashed up early. They have had lots and lots of different IDs in the past few years, and some of them are completely gone... for who knows why. Some of them, like Bigclothcraft (doesn't that sound like a RealMoneyTrader bot name???) just don't sell the monitors anymore.

At any rate this one that I ordered from literally has their paypal account set up as BCC Korea, inc. and has a customer service number listed. So I gave them a ring when they pissed me off. I specifically asked these jokers if they would ship my unit UPS. They gave me the big thumbs up, stating that UPS was already their usual carrier for US freight and it wouldn't be a problem. Monday rolled around, still no shipment, now Tuesday they have shipped it out DHL. Well. Screw that. I don't even care that much about the carrier, it's the principle. Whether they screwed up innocently or not, it seems there is this pattern with BCC Korea accounts of being shifty like that based on reading a lot of anecdotes from this thread and other threads all over the net.

Dude didn't seem surprised at all that the phone was ringing at 6:30PM Korea time, but he did seem a little surprised to be talking to an American. I would never call an individual's paypal number but a company, yep, and I know country codes and everything! I got the feeling this guy was eating dinner. He's like, "yes yes, give me your number I'll call you back tomorrow about it." Didn't realize what time it was there, but why did he answer the phone if they've already closed for the day? Are they using employee cell phone numbers for the customer service lines? They can't be, people would call at all hours of the night, maybe...... maybe I'm the only nut in the world who would do that. Anyway, I must have freaked him out because they were responding to my emails within minutes of the call, whereas I had got no response for an hour or so up to that point. They wanted to stop the DHL package and send it UPS tomorrow. To me that's like ordering soup at a restaurant where you saw the cook take a piss and not wash his hands. No thanks. I'll just overpay Ecomade Arena since they seem to have their **** together. I don't really like giving eBay and paypal little bits of my money all the time anyway. I got refunded pretty damn quick from GMarketMall, they are obviously watching that 188 close.

post #18036 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Just made an unexpected discovery!! Very pleased.

I bought a cheap HDMI to 24+5 pin DVI adapter, but I pulled out the last 4 pins to make it a 24+1 DVI connector.

I then connected it in the following manner:

QX2710 Input <-- 24+1 DVI adapter to HDMI <-- HDMI cable --> AMD 280X

1440p CONFIRMED at 60 Hz!

i5-2500k 5.1GHz validation

E6300 conroe (1.86) @ 3.5 GHz proof.gif
post #18037 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Am trying to calibrate and am a bit stuck at the following. Any help would be great.
What is the backlight to be chosen is it white LED or RGB LED?

And the other question was, I felt that viewing angle was not so great. and so that comes to my next question how does one know if the panel is a Samsung PLS panle?

This is for the Dual DVI Qnix single input model Qnix qx2710
post #18038 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 60 (Unique: 41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post

Am trying to calibrate and am a bit stuck at the following. Any help would be great.
What is the backlight to be chosen is it white LED or RGB LED?

And the other question was, I felt that viewing angle was not so great. and so that comes to my next question how does one know if the panel is a Samsung PLS panle?

This is for the Dual DVI Qnix single input model Qnix qx2710
White LED. Use HCFR and measure for color gamut and contrast ratio. Also, check if the panel has any yellow bleed at the edges in a dark room. Post the resulting color gamut and contrast ratio here. Be sure to name the instrument you have used as well.
post #18039 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 93 (Unique: 80)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorbaard View Post

Just made an unexpected discovery!! Very pleased.

I bought a cheap HDMI to 24+5 pin DVI adapter, but I pulled out the last 4 pins to make it a 24+1 DVI connector.

I then connected it in the following manner:

QX2710 Input <-- 24+1 DVI adapter to HDMI <-- HDMI cable --> AMD 280X

1440p CONFIRMED at 60 Hz!
Interesting. How stable is it?
post #18040 of 26154 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Interesting. How stable is it?

It's very stable. It immediately went into 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz without any adjustment to any settings. I've been experimenting, but thus far I haven't been able to go higher than 60 Hz on any resolution, even trying combinations that would result in much lower bandwidth than [email protected] Hz.

i5-2500k 5.1GHz validation

E6300 conroe (1.86) @ 3.5 GHz proof.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in