[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1879 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

post #18781 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haas360 View Post

Accoring to OP I need to install drivers for my monitor. But when I try it says they are not digitally signed, and just says failed. wont let me overwrite yes or no like it says to.

You just need to disable driver signature enforcement, follow this link:

http://revryl.com/2013/08/06/install-unsigned-drivers/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18782 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 01:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi all,

I purchased two QX2710's from two different merchants and the other one has an annoying yellow tint and seemingly worse viewing angles from the side. Is this just normal and to be expected or should I try and take it up with the merchant? Is there anything I can do to fix them myself? I've done some color adjustment from the control panel but it still bothers me.

Strangely enough they also have some physical differences: the QNIX logo is different and the other one stands a bit higher. The power led also goes completely off instead of red on the other one.
post #18783 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 04:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 57)
Hello all biggrin.gif

So I've been looking at these monitors on ebay lately and reading here about them some.

Now it appears there are preferred sellers and something about single input to get good quality overclockable versions.

Can someone please break this down for me? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18784 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 04:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 91)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haas360 View Post

Ugh I need help guys.

SO I am trying to down sample and I cant get freaking 2880x1620 to work, it should scale it down, my settings have Aspect ratio settings in nvcontrol panel and its only displaying some of the screen, most is offscreen. Regardless, while I was trying to figure that out, its not even showing my custom resolutions on games! I went to the custom resolution section in nvcontrol and its there, just not in games...

Accoring to OP I need to install drivers for my monitor. But when I try it says they are not digitally signed, and just says failed. wont let me overwrite yes or no like it says to.

How can I get at least 2560x1440p @ 120hz to show up in games as a resolution...

And if anyone has experiance with super sampling (going from high resolution down to native for better AA) Then please guide me on that as well.

Thanks guys

I could down sampled 4K @ 60hz using my Nvidia cards on the Qnix and could play TR4 fine while down sampled!...I used NVCP to create custom resolutions...Below are some screens shots i made when down sampling 4K you can see my 4K timings and some shots of TR4 down sampled to 4k on the Qnix...

Yes you will need to install the monitor driver so your games can see your custom resolutions which you need for any custom resolutions that you create via NVCP so that your games can see your custom resolutions...And yes you need to turn off windows 8 driver enforcement for one session in windows to load the monitor driver

Below i have up-loaded the Qnix and X-Star monitor drivers and a handy program which you can use to Quickly turn off and turn back on windows 8 Driver Enforcement....Reboot Still required!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Monitor Drivers
x-star.zip 0k .zip file

qnix.zip 0k .zip file

(bootuituner) Windows 8 Advance start up
Windows8Advancedstartup.zip 27k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip x-star.zip (483 Bytes, 26 views)
File Type: zip qnix.zip (477 Bytes, 50 views)
File Type: zip Windows8Advancedstartup.zip (27.1 KB, 17 views)
post #18785 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 04:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapRef41N93W View Post

Anyone else who has mounted an X-Star to VESA stand here? I bought a triple monitor VESA stand, but the backplates for mounting are really loose. The M-4 screws do not go in all the way, and the backplate can be lifted and jiggled. I am worried about mounting monitors and having them fall off and shatter. Is this how it is supposed to be?
2-4x msaa is still very noticeable on the monitor. The Qnix/X-Star are only 150ppi screens and you want 250-300ppi to eliminate jaggies depending on how far your face is from the screen.
yep, ran into that exact issue. I just stacked 4 small washers on top of each other for each hole (don't know sizing). I mentioned it here a week ago. You can see the washers in the fifth picture down. I don't know why they made the holes so shallow.

One thing i'd recommend before getting your monitors on your stand, properly managing the cables, getting everything where you want, etc.. is to try to fix the backlight bleed. I didn't really notice it in games like Bioshock infinite where there weren't too many dark scenes, but I've been playing Metro Last Light recently and it can be pretty annoying and even hindering to the overall immersion. I plan to use lawson's guide that he mentions here, but i gotta set aside some time yet.

post #18786 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi, check out the this recent X-star release: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221419815176

Compared to the old X-star monitor, it uses AH-VA panel, comes with HDMI connectivity, has higher contrast ratio, brighter and slightly better speakers.

It doesn't mention using virtual 4k resolution nor having 10-bit colour.

Any thoughts?
post #18787 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 191 (Unique: 143)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeceiver View Post

yep, ran into that exact issue. I just stacked 4 small washers on top of each other for each hole (don't know sizing). I mentioned it here a week ago. You can see the washers in the fifth picture down. I don't know why they made the holes so shallow.

One thing i'd recommend before getting your monitors on your stand, properly managing the cables, getting everything where you want, etc.. is to try to fix the backlight bleed. I didn't really notice it in games like Bioshock infinite where there weren't too many dark scenes, but I've been playing Metro Last Light recently and it can be pretty annoying and even hindering to the overall immersion. I plan to use lawson's guide that he mentions here, but i gotta set aside some time yet.

OK thanks. Glad to see that it is an easily fixable universal deal and not just the stand kit I bought being bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowflare View Post

Hi, check out the this recent X-star release: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221419815176

Compared to the old X-star monitor, it uses AH-VA panel, comes with HDMI connectivity, has higher contrast ratio, brighter and slightly better speakers.

It doesn't mention using virtual 4k resolution nor having 10-bit colour.

Any thoughts?

That panel won't be overclockable. Otherwise it would be 600$+ like the catleaps.

post #18788 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey guys.

Can someone tell me if it is normal that I can push the bottom right and left corner a little bit in?
post #18789 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 12:42 PM
A title was here

Rep: 208 (Unique: 162)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlayZin View Post

Hey guys.

Can someone tell me if it is normal that I can push the bottom right and left corner a little bit in?

Perfectly normal.

8600K @ 4.8 | NH-D15 | ASRock z370 Extreme4 | 1080 Strix | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB SSD | 1TB WD CB | 2TB WD Blue | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 | Sound Blaster Zx | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M (TG) | Logitech G900 | Logitech G810 | Sennheiser PC320 + HD419 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | ViewSonic XG2703-GS
post #18790 of 26154 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post

Perfectly normal.

Thanks that's all I wanted to know thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in