[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 2187 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club

post #21861 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 12:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

Well, got my 2 qnix in... I clearly ordered the single dvi input model on amazon and I received the true 10 models... Not too happy right now. Really don't want to send these back or wait any longer, not sure what to do.

Seller was "Corner Discount"

Amazon might be able to help you there if the seller doesn't pay for return shipping and refund. Plus if you paid with a credit card they might be able to get your money back if amazon and the seller don't help,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21862 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 70)
Yeah, the seller actually already got back to me. Said they are shipping the correct monitors in 1-2 business days. I just don't want to have to ship the true 10's back before they ship the right ones out... Don't think I will have to.

Few questions, I didn't have much time to work on them but running one x-star and these 2 true 10's...

Using the amd pixel patcher and cru, still was unable to get CCC to up the monitors to 96 hz, this is on the latest 14.11.2 beta drivers, running 4x290x's. I used the exact same procedure I used when I ran the one monitor for almost a year now that has been working fine. I was able to setup the eyefinity setup but it was at 60 hz. Finally before I left for work, I saw CCC had recognized the max refresh rate at 96 hz, so do I need to set up the eyefinity profile again I assume?

Also to those who use an active adapter, it requires a usb connection to the computer - is this simply for 5 volts? The adapter I have is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XYBA72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It actually works quite well and ran one monitor at 96 hz just fine, however it tends to "loose" that usb connection so reconnecting it works. But I was wondering if I could simply use an adapter or even hot wire the thing from a 5 volt lead on a molex... Windows doesn't see any different devices (usb) with it connected...
post #21863 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 03:10 PM
What's outside?

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hello people –

After lurking around this thread for about a year, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased three of these monitors (X-Star DP2710LED with matte finish) from Dreamseller a couple months ago in early September.

I went with the non-pixel perfect version to save money. Two of my three monitors have zero dead pixels; one of them has a single stuck/green pixel that I have trouble seeing unless I really look for it on a black background. These displays are AWESOME compared to my old single DCLCD 1920 x 1200 24” TN panel.

Two of my monitors can overclock to 110hz without issue, one of them maxes out at 96hz. I just run all three at 96hz without problems. I should mention I’m using a pair of “ancient” EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB cards to run these bad boys (please don’t make fun…lol). Windows 7 64bit is my OS.

I mounted the three monitors on a free standing triple monitor stand from EasyMountLCD (http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Monitor-Standing-Supports-002-0020/dp/B006JG9RQ2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416433229&sr=1-2&keywords=triple+monitor+stand&pebp=1416433227391).

After a ton of adjusting in order to position the monitors straight and level, this triple stand works fine for me.

Before mounting the monitors to the triple stand, I removed the factory stands from the X-Stars by following the debezeling techniques mentioned on the first page of this thread and Lawson’s Qnix/X-Star Overclocking thread (https://www.overclock.net/t/1493929/qnix-and-x-star-monitors-new-timings-and-overclocking-guide-club).

Since the monitors were partially disassembled for factory stand removal, I went ahead and removed the metal framing around each of the panels to check for bends or warping that could add to backlight bleed. Two of the monitor’s metal frames had mild bends; one of them had a significant bend. Utilizing a flat surface, I was able to straighten all thee metal frames by hand. The metal frames bend easily so I was careful not to use too much hand pressure.

After putting all three monitors back together, I cannot detect any backlight bleed from any of the monitors.

I have used Color Sustainer v1.05 and tried a number of ICC profiles. However, to my eyes, my monitors look best and matched with factory color/gamma settings (even when overclocked to 96hz).

All in all, I’m very happy with my monitors. No regrets here...thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21864 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 04:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

That's the same stand I just got... Got it installed today, although 2 out of the 3 of my monitors are going to be sent back so didn't bother mounting them...
post #21865 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
What's outside?

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I think you'll like this triple stand once you have all your monitors...It's really sturdy.
post #21866 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 07:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 308 (Unique: 224)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorr View Post

I appreciate your reply MenacingTuba. One more querstion, is it possible to load the same ICC profile on all three monitors, so my old original X-Star and 2 newer Evo II so that they are aiming for the same color profile/curve?

Yes, but they won't match since the profiles are created for different monitors with slightly different colour presets which also likely use different panels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorr View Post

CCC will let me adjust gamma brightness and contrast for RGB, think this will get me fairly close?

Games reset gpu colour settings which also ruin the colour quality, so don't use the CCC settings.

Why are you so set on owning three monitors? Even 3 of the highest end gpu's struggle with 3x1440p and you will have to sit pretty far away to see all 3. You should test your monitor for LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects) with this test (read the instructions which includes an explanation) before buying more.

Google (insert monitor) review before making a thread about it. Research (Google) before buying a monitor and then asking if it is good.

10 Bit Monitors: 99% are 8 bit+FRC and AMD Quadro or Nvidia Firepro gpu's are required to send+receive a true 10 bit signal. 10 bit consumer content (games, movies TV) does not exist.
post #21867 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Yes, but they won't match since the profiles are created for different monitors with slightly different colour presets which also likely use different panels.
Games reset gpu colour settings which also ruin the colour quality, so don't use the CCC settings.

So is there no way to calibrate them to look similar while in 3d applications?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Why are you so set on owning three monitors? Even 3 of the highest end gpu's struggle with 3x1440p and you will have to sit pretty far away to see all 3.

I am perfectly fine with lowering graphics to achieve good performance on triple screens. I have a single AMD r9 290 but will likely upgrade to whatever flagship is due out next fall (pascal sounds great) while I will plan on keeping the triple monitors for quite some time (5+ years?) but even with my card there are many games I can run already, such as CS:GO, strategy games, and race sims. The side monitors are for peripheral vision, directly looking at them isn't necessary so I wont have to sit far from them. Human vision has around 200* FOV and closer to 270* if you rotate your eyes. Mostly want it for a productivity thing, however, so even just the 3 screens for desktop will be wonderful, I've had three mismatched screens before and I miss it.

As far as your PWM links, from what I gather this is relevant to quality of your overclock? Running this monitor at 100fps currently. I'm not sure how it pertains to adding 2 more screens, will uneven PWM be noticeable if I have 2 different panels?

As always, your input is much appreciated, thank you.
post #21868 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 79)
Hey guys, I'm having an odd issue after trying to update drivers. I have two monitors, one is a X-Star DP2710, the other is some LG 1920x1080 monitor. Before I tried to update drivers, everything was working beautifully. After, I can't seem to plug both monitors in.

If I have the DP2710 plugged in by itself, in any port, it works fine.

If I have the LG monitor plugged in by itself, in any port, it works fine.

If I have both monitors plugged in in either configuration, the DP2710 starts a test mode cycling black, white, red, green, blue. The LG monitor will display just fine, but since my DP2710 is also plugged in, all my windows open on the DP2710 side and I can't see anything to be able to adjust.

Anyone have any recommendations before I just nuke the whole thing and reinstall Windows?

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro, if that helps. I was trying to update to 14.11.2 beta drivers. I have sinced backed off to 14.4, but still the same issue.

post #21869 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 AM
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞

Rep: 425 (Unique: 364)
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioxbliss View Post

Hey guys, I'm having an odd issue after trying to update drivers. I have two monitors, one is a X-Star DP2710, the other is some LG 1920x1080 monitor. Before I tried to update drivers, everything was working beautifully. After, I can't seem to plug both monitors in.

If I have the DP2710 plugged in by itself, in any port, it works fine.

If I have the LG monitor plugged in by itself, in any port, it works fine.

If I have both monitors plugged in in either configuration, the DP2710 starts a test mode cycling black, white, red, green, blue. The LG monitor will display just fine, but since my DP2710 is also plugged in, all my windows open on the DP2710 side and I can't see anything to be able to adjust.

Anyone have any recommendations before I just nuke the whole thing and reinstall Windows?

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro, if that helps. I was trying to update to 14.11.2 beta drivers. I have sinced backed off to 14.4, but still the same issue.

Zero issues for me, but I'm using Windows 7 SP1. I also use a secondary 1080p monitor in portrait mode.

Black Heart
(21 items)
CPU
Intel i5 3570K [Delid]
Motherboard
Asrock Z77E-ITX
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 2TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Constellation 2 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 600W Titanium Fanless
Cooling
XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White]
Cooling
5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+White]
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO RGB + EK FC1080Ti FTW3 blocks
Cooling
Phanteks Glacier R160 + MCP35X
Case
Case Labs Mercury S3
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 120Hz G-Sync
Monitor
Qnix QX2710 1440p 120Hz
Keyboard
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + /dev/tty Keycaps]
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Micca OriGen G2
▲ hide details ▲
post #21870 of 26174 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

In my initial usage of the 3 monitors, I notice I am def. sitting way too close. I have them mounted to the desk, I'll post pictures later. Thinking I need to construct some sort of keyboard & mouse pull out so I can sit further back...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in