Dell P2414H: AH-IPS - PWM free - light AG coating - 1080p - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Dell P2414H: AH-IPS - PWM free - light AG coating - 1080p

post #101 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 03:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXel View Post

Unless you have properly calibrated monitor to compare with... "off" colors might be the correct colors in the first place.

Yes now after few days it looks fine smile.gif ty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 67 (Unique: 59)
I'm about to pull the trigger on the P2314H, but other than screen size it's exactly the same as the P2414H right? I will look through the thread when I get home but would appreciate any help smile.gif

post #103 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post

I'm about to pull the trigger on the P2314H, but other than screen size it's exactly the same as the P2414H right? I will look through the thread when I get home but would appreciate any help smile.gif

Yes they are the same but the price difference is very small so why don't you buy the bigger one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter
Researching stability

Rep: 75 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMa View Post

Yes they are the same but the price difference is very small so why don't you buy the bigger one?
How do you came up with the idea that are the same? Please share with us your proofs.

post #105 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 10:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Picked up one of these during the Dell refurb sale. Should be here Thursday. Looking forward to checking it out.
post #106 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi,

Just picked up three of these from the Dell refurb deal. I have a graphics card with 1 DP, 1 HDMI, and 2 dual link DVI.

Can anyone with this monitor confirm whether it has single link or dual link DVI? A Dell community rep said single link, but I've seen on forums where people hint that it's dual link.

If you use the monitor with dual link DVI *and* have it overclocked beyond 60hz it would be great to read your experience in OCing it.

Otherwise I guess I have to buy a 3x DP graphics card.

Thanks!
post #107 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnoffel View Post

The AG coating is not light, it's still pretty grainy.
That being said, this looks like an awesome monitor aside from the AG coating and the fact that it's a Dell.

Just for comparison (and bcos i got a usb microscope and are playing around with it atm)
DELLU2312HM

Novo7Fire tablet (7'' 1280x800 no AG)
post #108 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebthatwasp View Post

Hi,

Just picked up three of these from the Dell refurb deal. I have a graphics card with 1 DP, 1 HDMI, and 2 dual link DVI.

Can anyone with this monitor confirm whether it has single link or dual link DVI? A Dell community rep said single link, but I've seen on forums where people hint that it's dual link.

If you use the monitor with dual link DVI *and* have it overclocked beyond 60hz it would be great to read your experience in OCing it.

Otherwise I guess I have to buy a 3x DP graphics card.

Thanks!

Just wanted to give you my update.

It does work with my dual link dvi cable. Was only able to overclock to 72hz though with the posted settings. Switching it out for a DP cable netted me 80hz.

This is with a referb p2414h bought recently from the dell sale.
post #109 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 92 (Unique: 82)
i'm looking at getting one of these refurb for $189 shipped. how much was shipping from the dell refurb store?
looks like a nice monitor. i used to have a u2312hm which i loved coming from a tn panel

~*~ AMD 1GHz OC ~*~ AMD 4GHz ~*~ Phenom II x4 955 4.1GHz ~*~ Proud Phenom1st 4.6GHz ~*~ ╥ AMD SuperPi 15.759s ╥ ~*~
~*~ AMD Vishera FX-83X0 Owners Club ~*~ Vishera FX-8350 5GHz ~*~ ╥ AMD SuperPi 14.450s ╥ ~*~
"We're looking at what Intel does—and we're not gonna do that." - Robert Hallock

post #110 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 06:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Anybody know if I can overclock this baby to 85Hz? OP gave instructions to get 80Hz but 85Hz kind of a milestone in terms of smoothness(remember crt days?). Just 5Hz more, no?

I am going to use this monitor on my next setup. It is just perfect for budget. Actually I really wanted a minimum of 1440p, ideally 21:9 but those monitors need to become mainstream first, they are just way too expensive. And USD is a b..ch lately. So while waiting for the ultimate 21:9 1440p IPS Freesync monitor, this is the perfect monitor to buy in my opinion. No lag, IPS, fast response time for an IPS, excellent stand, cheap...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in