Dell P2414H: AH-IPS - PWM free - light AG coating - 1080p - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Dell P2414H: AH-IPS - PWM free - light AG coating - 1080p

post #11 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
Researching stability

Rep: 75 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk7794 View Post

That is very good to know. I do a lot of close up stuff at work and then I used to come home and read online for about another 6 or so hours after that. I now have this problem where I can't really focus too long with my contacts. I then started to notice that my Dell monitor is much more soothing to look at than this, even when I matched the cool color that the Dell puts out. I can find it online for about 225 now, you thinking that it is worth it?
Dell offers now, was supposed to be in market Q1/2014, the U2414H which from specs is using same panel + more ports for only +20$. Read my following lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post

So how is this different from the U2414H? And has anyone noticed any cross-hatching due to the AG?/

U2414H looks to share same panel + hdmi, audio out port, USB3.0 for only +20$. I would go to that but not available to my country, neither a review available to confirm its similarities.
Haven't noticed cross-hatcing lines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 577 (Unique: 411)
I have one of these. I'm currently running a laptop and am not getting higher refresh rates without skipping. Weird.

I used HDMI output -> DVI monitor input and similar settings as on the OP but 72 Hz so it should readily fit in the bandwidth available. These are the settings that have worked on a couple other monitors.

As for me, I don't see cross-hatching. I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to call the matte coating "light." It's more like medium, definitely lower than the heavy AG on most eIPS models, stuff like U2410, etc. My particular sample has some backlight bleeding on the lower-left corner but nothing too bad. I've seen much, much worse before. There is some minor visible deviance from panel uniformity that I can spot, but it's nothing I'm worried about for what I do. I don't notice any display latency, and the panel responsiveness is fine. It's definitely a bit blurry on fast panning, but it's not bad. And there's no horrific reverse ghosting.

If you're picky in any particular area, there are things not to like, but I'd rate it overall very highly for an all-around monitor.

U2414H has thinner bezels, which is the main selling point, I would think. They also claim lower deltaE I think.

I don't have a calibrator, and I'm not terribly concerned by color accuracy, but my settings are
Brightness: 2 (at night, single ~600 lumens bulb in room with some light deflected and none of it shining directly on the screen itself)
Contrast: 75
R: 98
G: 98
B: 100
post #13 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 14)
The AG coating is not light, it's still pretty grainy.
That being said, this looks like an awesome monitor aside from the AG coating and the fact that it's a Dell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 81)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnoffel View Post

The AG coating is not light, it's still pretty grainy.
That being said, aside from the coating this looks like an awesome monitor aside from the fact that it is a Dell.

It gives superior clarity to the surface used on the U2412M and other older IPS models (I had one next to the P2414H whilst reviewing). 'Light' is a relative term - lighter than some, but the haze value is probably around 25% (vs. closer to 30% for the U2412M) so it can still give a bit of grain.
post #15 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
With those settings I can only achieve a 72Hz overclock frown.gif.

Relevant Info: GTX 770, Windows 7, Using your values with CRU.

Can anyone help me get 80Hz or did I just get a weaker panel?
post #16 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
Researching stability

Rep: 75 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomster View Post

With those settings I can only achieve a 72Hz overclock frown.gif.

Relevant Info: GTX 770, Windows 7, Using your values with CRU.

Can anyone help me get 80Hz or did I just get a weaker panel?
Not with CRU, go to nvidia panel and create a custom resolution and manually put these settings. Its a long shot but you can try. 72Hz probably anyone with this monitor can achieve, since is listed on supported video modes.

post #17 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodystyle2003 View Post

Not with CRU, go to nvidia panel and create a custom resolution and manually put these settings. Its a long shot but you can try. 72Hz probably anyone with this monitor can achieve, since is listed on supported video modes.

Still no joy with these settings:

Should I uninstall CRU?

Should I install this patch?

Do I need a Dual Link DVI?

*EDIT*

Managed to achieve a 74Hz overclock. It seems as if anything over a Pixel Clock of 165MHz fails (74Hz is 164MHz pixel clock)
post #18 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 50)
I'm running my at 75 Hz, seems to be stable. Haven't tried anything higher.

post #19 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowyn View Post

I'm running my at 75 Hz, seems to be stable. Haven't tried anything higher.

Could you explain the process you followed to achieve 75Hz? Also, are you using a Dual Link DVI-D cable?
post #20 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 02:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomster View Post

Could you explain the process you followed to achieve 75Hz? Also, are you using a Dual Link DVI-D cable?

Just created custom profile in Nvidia Control Panel. I'm using bundled DisplayPort cable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in