[ASUS] RoG Swift PG278Q Discussion Thread - Page 821 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[ASUS] RoG Swift PG278Q Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

post #8201 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 49 (Unique: 46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2mil View Post

You have to be ready for anything when getting open box I'm okay with this it happens, but what I'm not okay with is NEW EGGS quality check now come on guys nobody even plug this thing before restocking it on website. I will call them Monday from work and make a big deal out of it.

I bet they just open the box and make sure its not physically busted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8202 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 05:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 149 (Unique: 115)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2mil View Post

OK so my OPEN BOX Swift arrived:

unfortunately I'm not sure if NEW EGG is doing any sort of Quality check because this is what I got out of the box:

Non of the buttons on the display works except for power button.

When you hit power button on an off couple of times some sort of a black light bled pups out and then slowly vanishes into and looks like first set of pictures.

the other disturbing thing was that this thing was shipped only in original box. So make sure you ship it to safe location.

Personally i did not expect perfect screen but this in not usable in any way . Will send it back asap and re think if i want to go with ROG swift again or wait for a new gen.

Are you going to have to pay for the return shipping?

post #8203 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Unfor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

Are you going to have to pay for the return shipping?

I second this (and how much). I would have thought Newegg guarantees the product to at least be functional but apparently not.
Quote:
Newegg cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8204 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 07:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
The red circle light on my stand is not on. Is there an on/off button for that? Please don't tell me it's broken -_-

post #8205 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 07:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killuchen View Post

The red circle light on my stand is not on. Is there an on/off button for that? Please don't tell me it's broken -_-

It's a setting in the on screen display menu. I forget what it's called but if you look through there you'll see it.

post #8206 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 462 (Unique: 340)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbacoaUSA View Post

It's a setting in the on screen display menu. I forget what it's called but if you look through there you'll see it.

Light in Motion.

I hate fanboys/fangirls. You ruin the friendlyshilling atmosphere of OCN./s

post #8207 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 09:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saruin View Post

Unfor
I second this (and how much). I would have thought Newegg guarantees the product to at least be functional but apparently not.

I will give them hell on Monday. Weekends are for family . If they have me pay for shipping it will be my last order from them I'm sure I update you guys asap.
post #8208 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 56)
very odd.

my two swift

the unit with two titan black works perfectly

the one with the two 780ti.. has some 16bit bug. can't set up 32bit.
post #8209 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 01:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but just had a question about my RoG swift. I've been getting some sort of glare on images, and it's particularly noticeable on text. The thing you focus on is clear but there's some sort of glare peripherally and it makes it hard to read. I'm not sure if it's intrinsic to the monitor but I know it's not the TN panel simply because I've got two hooked up and the other one doesn't have this. If it helps to know I've reinstalled my drivers and my GPU works perfectly. Also, I had a checkerboard pattern but I fixed it by turning off overdrive so I was hoping this could be a similar situation.

Any help would be appreciated smile.gif

I'll try and take a photo if you need one
post #8210 of 8210 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 03:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 71 (Unique: 56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien132435 View Post

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but just had a question about my RoG swift. I've been getting some sort of glare on images, and it's particularly noticeable on text. The thing you focus on is clear but there's some sort of glare peripherally and it makes it hard to read. I'm not sure if it's intrinsic to the monitor but I know it's not the TN panel simply because I've got two hooked up and the other one doesn't have this. If it helps to know I've reinstalled my drivers and my GPU works perfectly. Also, I had a checkerboard pattern but I fixed it by turning off overdrive so I was hoping this could be a similar situation.

Any help would be appreciated smile.gif

I'll try and take a photo if you need one
What i noticed on desktop it runs best at 144hz & brightness at 20.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in