LG 34UM95 and LG 34UM65 Owners Club - Page 42 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

LG 34UM95 and LG 34UM65 Owners Club

post #411 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post

Unsubbed from here. All the ****ty issues with this monitor just don't make it a worthwhile investment. Waiting for the Dell solutions to appear.

Buh - Bye! wave2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 12:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Just received my UM95 yesterday! It's freaking awesome smile.gif

The bundled software is somewhat hinky though, Autorun on the CDs didn't work for me. Never got the Driver CD to work, but the Software CD installed after some diving into the disc files.

ZERO dead pixels, and just a small amount of backlight bleed from the lower right.

System specs:
4790K, not overclocked
Maximus VII Formula
32GB 2400MHz G.Skill RAM (XMP set)
SLI EVGA GTX 780SC 6GB

Benchmarks:

War Thunder
Battle of Berlin (Ultra settings)
59.8 Avg FPS
59.0 Avg Minimum FPS
5498 Rating

This rig isn't a benchmark baby.....configured for daily use with almost 30 System Tray apps tongue.gif ROFL

Anyway, figured people might assume all the monitors are bad, with all the problems posted in this thread.......and that simply ain't true.

post #413 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahani View Post

Anyway, figured people might assume all the monitors are bad, with all the problems posted in this thread.......and that simply ain't true.

Agreed. People tend to post more when they are unhappy about something. My issue has been with AMD's drivers not supporting quad crossfire at the 34UM95's native resolution. The monitor I have has been great. Some IPS glow, but no backlight bleed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #414 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Has anyone had the "Black Level" option disabled for the monitor? Mine is stuck on "High" and the option is grayed out. EDIT: nevermind I saw that the option is only for HDMI earlier back in the thread.
post #415 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

I still have not solved my problem with dport 1.2
I have to disconnect more 'times the power to operate

Manta Black, strix270i , [email protected] +kraken62, corsair 3000rgb, evo 960 x2 ,msi 1080Ti Wb [email protected] Evga supernova 850w,Lg 27UD68, Nzxt Hue+rgb fan
post #416 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Have you already tried another DP cable?

post #417 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

i use this
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0050VGZBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
same problem the original
the image is shaky, and monitor turn off
i try unplug powet connector , and restart
the lg support do not solve

Manta Black, strix270i , [email protected] +kraken62, corsair 3000rgb, evo 960 x2 ,msi 1080Ti Wb [email protected] Evga supernova 850w,Lg 27UD68, Nzxt Hue+rgb fan
post #418 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

I had some quick questions and comments about this monitor that might have been asked and answered in the original thread, so please forgive me.

1. What is the best way to purchase this Monitor as I am in Canada (Edmonton)? at a good price? what is a good online or instore place?
  2. Is the difference between 34UM95 and 34UM94 only the 3 year warranty on the 94 and 1yr warranty on the 95? Which one will I be able to get in Canada?
  3. I only read last few pages of the original thread, and it had people posting their light bleed pictures, how common is this problem? How can I ensure I get a good monitor that doesn't have these problems? date of mfg?
  4. I have Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3" (Intel Core i7-4500U | 256GB SSD | 8GB RAM | Windows 8.1) Would this ultrabook be able to run this monitor? I will mainly run HD bluray movies via VLC or MPCHC. Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier, AI, Word, browse internet.
  5. What are some inconveniences or problems I can expect from this monitor, other than the light bleed?
  6. Anything else I need to know about this monitor?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.
post #419 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 462 (Unique: 340)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsan View Post

I had some quick questions and comments about this monitor that might have been asked and answered in the original thread, so please forgive me.

1. What is the best way to purchase this Monitor as I am in Canada (Edmonton)? at a good price? what is a good online or instore place?
  2. Is the difference between 34UM95 and 34UM94 only the 3 year warranty on the 94 and 1yr warranty on the 95? Which one will I be able to get in Canada?
  3. I only read last few pages of the original thread, and it had people posting their light bleed pictures, how common is this problem? How can I ensure I get a good monitor that doesn't have these problems? date of mfg?
  4. I have Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro 13.3" (Intel Core i7-4500U | 256GB SSD | 8GB RAM | Windows 8.1) Would this ultrabook be able to run this monitor? I will mainly run HD bluray movies via VLC or MPCHC. Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier, AI, Word, browse internet.
  5. What are some inconveniences or problems I can expect from this monitor, other than the light bleed?
  6. Anything else I need to know about this monitor?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.

1) None. Not worth purchasing this monitor imo unless you would like to be spending ~$1000 (or CAD equivalent) for a crapshoot at getting a panel that doesn't have atrocious backlight bleed.

2) Correct. Don't have any clue which one is available in Canada. The 94, last I checked, still isn't available here in the USA.

3) I can tell you I went through six of these monitors. All six had backlight bleed that was so miserable to look at that it warped the color space even on a non-black background. It is a VERY common problem. Had May/June/July mfg dates.

4) As long as you have DP1.2, you'll be able to run this monitor at 60Hz.

5) Get a better stand. The default stand is utter trash. Pick up an Ergotech Freedom arm.

6) Stay away from it imo. Wait till the Dell ultrawide 3440x1440p curved monitor comes out this winter. At such a large form factor (34") ultrawide 1440p, you actually start to also see the effects of IPS glow on the edges of the monitor while sitting in the middle. That compounds with the miserable backlight bleed of this monitor. Ultrawide form factor is arguably one of the only display types that will really benefit from being curved, rather than flat.

7) Even though you didn't write a question 7, I'll tell you that LG's customer service is complete and utter trash. Like COMPLETE and UTTER trash. If you want to delve into buying this monitor despite all the downsides, expect no warranty from LG. Even despite that they are offering 3 yrs on the 34um94.

Here is my experience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

I do not whatsoever recommend this monitor at all anymore. This has turned from just what I thought was maybe a one-time problem, to a full blown problem regarding backlight bleed. Just returned monitor 6 and got a refund, rather than exchanging it again. Tired of assembling and disassembling this monitor over and over for them to have this awful QC. It isn't my job to do QC on LG's products. 

The photos you see are ones I took from approximately 8 feet away (or more) from the monitor with a black background. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of how bad the first monitor was, but these pictures make up for the sheer disregard that LG has in regards to QC'ing their panels for what is arguably a flagship product of theirs.

Also, #4 will be missing because I didn't take a picture after it developed noticeable bleed after approximately 3-4 days. That was the only one of the SIX that started w/o bleed originally.

And finally, pardon the camera. The camera on my HTC One has a defective sensor (the red hue around the outside) and I haven't had the time to get a warranty claim started on it yet.

Monitor #2:

Monitor #3:

Monitor #5:

Monitor #6 (Final):

I can assure you it is backlight bleed because it maintains that bleed from any viewing angle and is noticeable all the way in the hallway outside the office this monitor WAS sitting in. The pictures don't do it justice how bad this bleed is. In fact, I'd say the pictures don't fully show how bad it was on ALL of these monitors. And the regular IPS glow exacerbated this bleed.

Buyer be wary when purchasing this monitor. We gave SIX chances for LG, spread across the past 30 days (Fry's return/exchange policy), and two different shipments to Fry's, to desperately get a working monitor. Because the sad thing about this is how absolutely amazing this aspect ratio is. But it is destroyed by garbage tier quality control at LG, who shouldn't have this bad QC/design considering they make the panel it uses and the monitor themselves. They basically control every aspect of this monitor in the manufacturing stages.

LG needs to get their act together.

I hate fanboys/fangirls. You ruin the friendlyshilling atmosphere of OCN./s

post #420 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 36)
I agree, I am on my 4th that I am keeping. I don't recommend this monitor. August build date on 3 of them, July on the 1'st. My first lg34um95-p actually had a hairline crack on the bottom left of the screen, no manuals, installation CDS, spec sheets, HDMI or DP cable, and no mounting screws all from a factory sealed box.... I had to threaten legal action and go pretty far up the cooperate ladder to get frys to replace it.. To my dismay it was another bad unit. Bleed was worse.

KNOW THIS: If your monitor beaks and LG deems that it isn't a manufacturer defect, it is a 1000 dollar brick. They do not fix these and most the pics you see in this thread LG would send right back to you and say that "Backlight Bleed on this monitor is within spec." Wasting your time, money, and likelihood of ever getting a full refund because the process takes so long... (even if they just ship it back with no RMA work done)

I know theres no such thing as a perfect monitor **** jesus Fkn Christ.. Even the new asus PG278Q $800 144HZ 1440p with GSYNC does not work with SLI setups... what is happening with these "high end" products...

I am really tempted just to throw 350 bucks on one of these Korean overclockable monitors. People are having a lot less issues, stable overclocks, and if there's backlight bleed you can just fix it yourself.

ALSO: LG has a 5 dead pixel standard.......good news is out of 4 monitors I HAD NO DEAD PIXELS. Bleed was the worst I've seen though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in