Asus PB287Q 4k 60hz 28" - Page 19 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus PB287Q 4k 60hz 28"

post #181 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 220 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post

good which means i'll buy your open box from them then.

Should be there sometime this week thumb.gif

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

Will shill for Ruger products
heatware

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Is nvidia using a full size dp connector? The true test for me will be with the certified dp cable.
post #183 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 435 (Unique: 327)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post

Is nvidia using a full size dp connector? The true test for me will be with the certified dp cable.

I just used the cable that came in the box, which I think is an Accell cable.

AMD: screen shutting off, doesn't work before drivers load, checkerboard pattern on the right side flashing frequently.
Nvidia: Nada. Works fine.

The funny part is the AMD cards shout about how optimized they are for 4k gaming all over the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrulz go_quote.gif

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

The funny part is the AMD cards shout about how optimized they are for 4k gaming all over the box.

I know frown.gif

I hope you guys with AMD cards get your monitors working properly, it is really nice when it does work properly. Just a shame though.

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

heatware

post #185 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

I know frown.gif

I hope you guys with AMD cards get your monitors working properly, it is really nice when it does work properly. Just a shame though.

Maybe they will release an updated driver or something, but I can't see it helping before windows loads. Fact is, with the AMD cards installed I have to use a second monitor to enter my BIOS.

Quote:

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.

post #186 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Maybe they will release an updated driver or something, but I can't see it helping before windows loads. Fact is, with the AMD cards installed I have to use a second monitor to enter my BIOS.

They should release a new driver if that is what the real issue is, though I think there was 1 user out of many who haven't had issues with it. Maybe it has to do with firmware on the monitor? Also that's terrible you need to do that in order to get into the BIOS.

Those of you experiencing issues should try and get a hold of AMD on the support forums and let them know what you are experiencing, the more that do can get this issue fixed faster (I would also consider popping into the ASUS forums and see if there is issues with AMD cards and this monitor there). Well, I guess AMD has 4 forums to choose from..

http://forums.amd.com/

٩(๏̯͡๏)۶

heatware

post #187 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

I've been watching this thread for a while now ever since I received my PB287Q and decided to chime in on my experiences.

I, too, tried to use the monitor with a 290x and have been seeing the same issues. Setting the refresh rate to 60hz will cause the screen to flicker and turn off repeatedly on desktop but isn't too bad when actually playing a game.

After a couple days, I decided to get a replacement but I'm seeing the same issues on the second monitor. It's actually a lot worse. The monitor tends to just remain on a black screen whenever I try to set it to 60hz.

All the flickering occurred mostly while on Windows but I did see it occasionally while on the BIOS.

Since I know now that this is most likely AMD card/driver related, I'm probably just going to sell my 290x and go with the 780 TI.
post #188 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Linux Lobbyist

I may end up giving up this display anyways, the only game I really want to play does not support UI scaling so everything is super tiny and hard to read. Its too bad too, because the game itself looks amazing. Anyone looking for one at a slight discount?

Quote:

post #189 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

It's amazing you don't see this complaint echoed urgently on the Internet.
post #190 of 859 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

yeah I am very surprised none of the initial reviews ran into a problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in