ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Still not working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willfoxylove View Post

I'm having this same issue and I just bought the monitor last week. What's the best solution?
Did you not read my solution? The monitor has to be on first before the PC is on.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Tried that, doesn't work. I wouldn't have posted otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willfoxylove View Post

Tried that, doesn't work. I wouldn't have posted otherwise.
Then it's obviously a problem with your GPU, or cable connection
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Just want to chime in on this issue that just happened to me in case it helps someone having trouble with signals to ASUS monitors. I'm using 64-bit windows 8.1.

I run a dual monitor setup through a EVGA GTX970, DisplayPort going to ASUS VG248 and HDMI going to ASUS VE248. Last night I turned off the monitors and let the computer go to sleep automatically after a couple hours. Today upon turning the monitors on, my main monitor (the VG using DP) had no signal. Using HDMI to this monitor worked fine, so I figured it was some driver or firmware conflict. I went through a bunch of stuff, including calling EVGA and flash installing some displayport drivers for the BIOS. This appeared to have no effect. After restart and a driver reinstall, still no signal through DisplayPort.

I don't know what compelled me to do this, but just while in Windows I switched the Power plugs of the monitors. Voila - both monitors working. Notably, my VE was going direct into the wall, while the VG was going into a strip with other electronics. Swapping these fixed it. I really did not expect it to be a monitor and power source issue. I'm also not entirely sure what effect the displayport drivers had. Anyway, FWIW, YMMV....
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 03:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

My Asus started working with Macbook 2016

@Willfoxylove I'm pretty sure this won't help you anymore since it's been 4 years...hehe Anyway, I thought I hopefully can help someone else with a mac. I read about Windows users changing stuff related to powering saving so I tried going into System Pref -> Energy Saver and unticking "Automatic graphics switching" on my Macbook 2016 and suddenly my Asus PB278Q lit up. Thanks everyone for ideas!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in