ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 54)
Hey guys, I recently purchased a new ASUS PB278Q 1440P monitor to bundle with my EVGA GTX 780 3GB.

Let me first say that I did buy a used one from the amazon warehouse, and I was having this issue where the display port and HDMI would always say NO SIGNAL, from time to time. This made me believe that it was the reason why the previous owner (or it could have just been an open box because it looked brand new) had returned it. So I chatted up amazon, and explained the issue. They refunded me my money, and I placed an order for a brand new one. The new monitor arrived the 15th of this month (July), and everything was working perfectly until it started telling me that the Display port and HDMI had no signal. All the cords were plugged in snug and tight, so I know that couldn't be the problem. But two monitor having the same issue? I'm at the point where I don't know if I should return it, or check with ASUS tech support. I emailed them yesterday morning, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Now, on the 15th, I decided it would be best if I upgraded my 3GB 780 to the newer EVGA GTX 780 with the 6GB of VRAM because of 1440P. I had used the EVGA Step Up program, and the new 6GB model arrived the 22nd (July).

After I upgraded to the 6GB card, I knew that there wasn't a problem with my older 3GB card, because I was still occasionally getting the "NO SIGNAL". That's two different cards being used (GTX 780 3GB and GTX 780 6GB), yet still same issue with the monitor.

So two monitors, and two different graphic cards both displaying "NO SIGNAL" and going into standby mode, makes me think that there is something wrong with this monitor. I absolutely love this monitor, and I really don't want to return it.

Because of the new 6GB card, apparently the NVIDIA drivers don't detect the card unless I'm using 337.50 or above. 337.50 is the beta driver, so I decided to use the 337.88 ( I think that's the newest WHQL). Same issue. Anyways, that shouldn't matter because I still had the problem with the 3GB model.

It seems to tell me "NO SIGNAL" at random times, but today, when I was trying to turn on the NVIDIA ShadowPlay, the monitor went to sleep, and said "NO SIGNAL". It was stuck like that for 15 minutes, and the only way to turn off my computer was to hold the power button down on the case, until it went off. I haven't tried to turn it on yet, but I'm so frustrated with this issue.

I really hope some other people have had this issue and have resolved it. This is the first monitor I've had, so I don't really know how to diagnose it. I'm still waiting on a reply back from ASUS, so hopefully they can tell me something to fix it. But just out of curiosity, does this monitor have different revisions? Maybe I got a bad first version, and maybe they fixed it in a new revision...? I'm asking because I've heard about the Dell U3014 A01 version having problems, but the newer A03 revision had fixed everything.

Thanks

EDIT- Every time I have to reboot my computer, all of the NVidia drivers and my 780 get disabled. I have to go into device manager and enable it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 32)
Hey i have the same monitor as you, but i use a xfx hd 7950. i got the same thing with my hdmi cable and display port but when i shut off ULPS (ultra low power saving) on my video card the issue went away. For some reason the video would not come on for my 1440p monitor but my 1080p (asus vh236h) had no issues with sleep or low power mode. I don't own nividia cards so i wouldn't know what features they carry, but if amd has it maybe nvidia does as well.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i got the same problem any news on a fix?? they say completely unplugging the power then back fixes it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

After several days of troubleshooting I have resolved the problem on my end.

There is a feature on newer motherboards in which they have sleep state settings outside the control of the operating system. Go into your bios and go to APM configuration. Look for ErP setting (default is usually disabled) and enable it to S4+S5 sleep state. This solved my problem, now my monitor will show a display after computer wakes up from sleep or when powered off.

Hope this helps.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 03:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Same identical issue. Unrelated, I am going to be changing the cable from displayport to dual link dvi after reading this review. Hoping that changing to another source type may fix the issue. Didn't find APM settings in my Asus BIOS.

Edit: I did find the APM settings in Asus after all and did set it per the post above. I am going to monitor this now and see if it happens again. Will report back with results.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 64 (Unique: 54)
So I resolved the issue about 2 months ago... I just forgot to respond how it was done. For this monitor, and possibly all other ASUS monitors (I assume all types of connections, not just display port), you need to turn the monitor on before the power source of your computer. It thinks you don't have a monitor if you turn on your PC before the power on the monitor. Make sense? That's all you need to do.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 06:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm having this same issue and I just bought the monitor last week. What's the best solution?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Turn off ULPS in afterburner then you should be fine.

also use a dp cable.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm currently using mini display to display cable from my macbook early 2011. How do I turn off the ULPS?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

download MSI Afterburner
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fevent.msi.com%2Fvga%2Fafterburner%2Fdownload.htm&ei=vgbGVMPcBoLFggTwjIHoDg&usg=AFQjCNE6etnOx2WO_lKQEEovPvm02ntt4g&bvm=bv.84349003,d.eXY

If your GPU is an AMD card go to Settings and check off ULPS(ultra low power saving)

That should fix the monitor not getting a signal.

Edit.

Didnt realize you had a macbook pro early 2011. Looks like you have a intel 3000 Igpu.

I'm not too familiar with Mac OS but i would think if you turned off power saving mode so that it doesn't put everything to sleep your monitor should stay on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in