[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 214 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync

post #2131 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:01 AM
mfw

Rep: 368 (Unique: 193)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSmash View Post

Found it, but only confirmed at 95hz which is the maximum overclock Jackson22 could achieve. What about someone actually running it at 100hz?
Yeah, that's the one i was talking about. I was under the impression it was 100 Hz. Well, i guess it doesn't skip frames at 95 Hz.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

only if they adopt HBM but AMD has exclusive on that and gen1 HBM sucks with only 4GB vram limitation. as gaming trend goes AAA games are only going to be more console like with its ports and bloated vram requirements no thanks to money milking lazy publishers that keeps rebooted the same crap and recycling the same game engine (just fatter) pushing out high textured shiny turds. doubt 4gb vram is going to be enough. shadow of mordor is a good example of bloated vram requirements that the 6gb on a 980ti is barely enough for. i want 8+GB vram on the safe side.

Pascal is already confirmed to come with HBM2, they have even shown a prototype multiple times. That said HBM is not exclusive to AMD and Samsung is going to produce too HBM memory in 2016. AMD might be the first in line to get it from Hynix but it's not exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Well, let's put it this way.

The X34 is going to cover your bases with Nvidia hardware. Are you prepared to pay extra for that? Exactly how much extra in North America is anybody's guess - about $250, I suppose.

If you buy an AMD GPU, then you're basically buying a very expensive IPS 21:9 fixed frequency monitor that will display up to 75 Hz at 3440x1440.

Will you stop spreading false information? Based on your replies you have totally no idea how G-Sync/FreeSync actually work. It is NOT true that the monitor won't go above 75 Hz without G-Sync. The G-sync module itself is the monitor scaler so it is always "active" even if you're not gaming and have the g-sync option specifically enabled.

That said go look at the LTT review of the FreeSync version, Linus was able to overclock his panel to 85 Hz. So there you go, that already proves you wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTiger View Post

That's not correct.

I have an Acer Predator X34 standing right in front of me (got it on Friday), and you can overclock it to 100 Hz regardless of whether G-Sync is enabled or not. It even works in at 100 Hz in desktop mode.

Ignore him, be's been posting false info all over the last pages and keeps going on about absurd things. I actually wonder why he insists on keeping posting in this thread. I should probably ignore him too but I just can't let other users think he's giving them correct info.

He registered only a few days ago and has only posted all his posts in this thread alone, I really have to wonder why.

post #2133 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -terabyte- View Post

Ignore him, be's been posting false info all over the last pages and keeps going on about absurd things. I actually wonder why he insists on keeping posting in this thread. I should probably ignore him too but I just can't let other users think he's giving them correct info.

He registered only a few days ago and has only posted all his posts in this thread alone, I really have to wonder why.

Seems he just makes things up and present them as facts even if guys who actually own the monitor prove him wrong.
Don't know whats the point in this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2134 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -terabyte- View Post

I don't understand how you can completely twist the meaning of my words the way you do?

I wrote something very simple. Something that everyone here knows to be true. Gsync technology will only work on Nvidia hardware.

The person I was responding to said he might buy an AMD GPU. I simply pointed out the obvious: namely, that if he runs a Gsync panel on non-Nvidia hardware, he's basically running a fixed frequency monitor. Sorry if you can't understand that.

As far as the monitor's frequency is concerned - I have to go by what Acer says, and they have repeatedly stated, over and over, that this monitor will overclock above 75 Hz, all the way up to 100 Hz, if Gsync is enabled. Acer said that. Not me. Do you think I just pulled that out of a hat?

And please don't tell me I don't understand Gsync technology. That is ridiculously condescending. And really quite silly since you seem completely unable of understanding virtually any sentence I write.
post #2135 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargrim View Post

Seems he just makes things up and present them as facts even if guys who actually own the monitor prove him wrong.
Don't know whats the point in this.

I'm sorry, which post are you referring to? Please be specific?
post #2136 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
If someone invents an external gsync unit compatible with any monitor... ???????

post #2137 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Hey guys,

sad news. I have made a decision after all the excitement and joy i've had with my X34 in the beginning.
Today i tested the display a bit more and came to the conclusion to RMA it and get my money back.

I just discovered some really bad color banding and i'm not the only one. Take a look at this guys display (german only): http://community.acer.com/t5/Monitore-TV-und-Projektoren/X34-bmiphz-Gsynch-Monitor-zeigt-heftige-banding-Artefakte/m-p/383978

The two pictures that he posted show the color banding problems that i'm also suffering from.

That and the fact that i can't run my X34 at 100hz (only 95hz) lead to my decision.
I think the X34 definitely could have been a great 21:9 display if Acer put some more time into QA. After all 1300€ is a lot of cash and i'm not willing to play beta tester for that amount.

To sum it up again: Those are the reasons why i return it:
- Coil whine when overclocking >= 80hz
- 100hz not possible - only 95hz
- Runs at 60hz by default (for 75hz you need to overclock - this is a contradiction to the current tech specs and marketing)
- Serious color banding

I'll most likely wait the second generation of 21:9 g-sync displays and go with a 27" g-sync or 21:9 without g-sync for now.
post #2138 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Sounds like a wise decision Jackson, nothing lost for now while your in an easy return window. That colour banding is really weird and defiantly not on. Its like its not running at full colour depth but im by no means an expert.
post #2139 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
After 3 days of using the X34 - no problems here. Great buy!

Here is the screen people asked for:

post #2140 of 6126 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 41)
You may also try a replacement since color banding should not happen on IPS. VA is known to be prone to that sometimes, but you could try more testing, maybe on purpose create a gradient in Photoshop and reset settings? 95Hz not being 100Hz is a valid point tho.

What I said earlier is: "up to 100Hz" is the same as if Intel advertised i7-5960X as "up to 4,5 GHz". Most will be able to overclock there. That doesn't change the fact that CPU is a 3,3GHz CPU or that X34 is a 60Hz panel.

My GPUsWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3dfx Voodoo, 2x3dfx Voodoo 2, Voodoo 3, Creative Riva TNT 2 Ultra, GeForce 256, ATi Radeon 3D Rage Fury MAXX, GeForce 2 Ultra, ATi Radeon DDR 7500, ATi Radeon 8500, ATi Radeon 9000 Pro, ATi Radeon 9800 XT, ATi Radeon X600 XT, ATi Radeon X850 XT, GeForce 8800GTX, ATi Radeon X1650 XT, GeForce GTX 280, ATi Radeon HD 2900XT, ATi Radeon HD 3870 X2, GeForce GTX 480, ATi Radeon HD 7970 (x2), GeForce GTX 780Ti, GeForce Titan Black (x4), GeForce 970 (x2), GeForce Titan X (x19), AMD RadeonProDuo (x2), GeForce 1080 (x2), Titan X (Pascal) (x2), EVGA FTW 1080 (x2), Quadro P6000 (x2), 1080Ti FE (x2), Titan Xp (x2), TITAN V+ 1080Ti (x2)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in