Seiki se39uy04 and se50uy04 firmware has disappeared? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Seiki se39uy04 and se50uy04 firmware has disappeared?

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 07:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Right, no link on that page for se39uy04...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

I recently lost sound on my Seiki 50 inch. (Model SE50UY04). Anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? (just in case there might be a fix other than firmware which is my last resort.

After doing numerous diagnostic tests, I determined that the problem is definitely in the monitor and that my only hope of fixing it might be a firmware upgrade or reload. Firmware has disappeared from the Seiki website but I was fortunate to find two versions on this forum. The factory firmware dated 2013 and a modified firmware "modified by a E or some such".

Have any of you used a modified firmware successfully? If I were to mod my firmware and it failed is it possible to recover to the original firmware? The monitor is essentially working well as a computer monitor and I would not want to "brick it". So I'm hoping for a little encouragement that it's possible to recover from a bad firmware update – example I load the modified firmware – it fails – I load the original firmware and I'm back in business. Any reassurances on that?

These are firmware instructions as per the official website:

Make sure the USB flash drive you use is empty and formatted to FAT32 by windows OS from computer before loading firmware.
Update instruction: please follow exactly procedure step by step
Download firmware into blank USB thumb drive. Some thumb drives, even newly purchased, will contain marketing materials which need to be removed before downloading the firmware upgrade.
Unplug the power cord from electrical outlet.
Plug USB thumb drive into USB input.
Plug power cord back into electrical outlet.
Power on indicator light in the front of the TV will flash red, blue rapidly for about 30 seconds.
Once indicator light stops flashing and stays red, unplug the power cord.
Remove the thumb drive.
Plug power cord back into electrical outlet and turn on TV.
CAUTION: Do not remove the USB flash disk or power-supply during updating, otherwise the operation will fail.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 07:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have read in a couple places that the 50" firmware makes the TV act a bit funny. Do you get any of that? Also, as far as the menus go, does it have ARC (audio return channel) capabilities, and if so, does that work on the 39" TV? Right now I am trying out the custom one and haven't had much of a chance to do anything with it. It does have a couple weird things though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi all,

To anyone interested, I scored what I believe is likely the final firmware version from Seiki today for the 39" SE39UY04 model, dated Jan 09, 2015.

I made a very detailed post about it already here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/145-htpc-gaming/1482611-review-seiki-39-4k-display-se39uy04-3.html#post40868538

But here's the main download link to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftfq9d9tmf0xsns/Seiki-SE39UY04-FinalFirmware-Jan-09-2015.zip

After updating, your version info should look like this:

Hope it's of help to anyone, take care! I like this TV when in 120 Hz 1080p mode, it's quite beautiful and for a total of $211, a good deal even with limited 4K support at 30 Hz which I don't expect to be using for a couple of years anyhow.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks Nightwolve.. What is the provenance of this new update? Is it from Seiki? If not, who programmed it? Is it safe to install and has it been tested?
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yeah, it's from Seiki as I already said. If you don't trust the download link, simply goto Seiki's Facebook page, give them your model and serial number, and they'll give you a link.

As for testing, it's what new se39uy04 TVs come with. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the frame skip issue when running your desktop in 120Hz mode. I verified that you still need to use the 50" firmware for that. But, the overall desktop and text looks better with this new January firmware. The 50" firmware causes slowdowns with the remote, menu is slower to load, choosing options goes slower and desktop looks worse but you get full 120Hz support.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi,

Do you know if the 50" firmware works with the UK version of this TV - ie SE39UA01UK?

I would like to use the TV in higher modes/refresh rates.

Thanks
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

If you want a guarantee just goto Seiki's Facebook page, provide model and serial number and they'll give you a link to the latest. Or use their email address, it's that simple.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello

Does anyone know of a firmware update for the seiki SE39UA01UK? The input lag i'm getting is just a little bit too much and was hoping that there might be a solution out there for correcting it like you guys have been doing above. Flashing the SE50 firmware onto the SE39.

But I'm having no luck finding any info on the SE39UA01UK at all!!

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Steve
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 05:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

YES!!! This. I need a solution for this too!

Perhaps we are the only two people in the UK to have this telly!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in