Got a Wasabi-Mango 4k 42" Korean IPS monitor: What tests to run? - Page 84 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Got a Wasabi-Mango 4k 42" Korean IPS monitor: What tests to run?

post #831 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I guess the deal is still available. Please see the link below.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121697543188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh33 View Post

Thank you for your advice. I bought it on sale for $679 (pixel perfect) and now the same item on eBay is at $799. I would have definitely taken a refund if not for the price difference. I suspect that by the time I get a replacement it is going to be sold for $600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #832 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Order one of these monitors when Green-sum had them on sale a few weeks ago and I must say, it's a whole lot of monitor for the price! I was debating between this and the Crossover 434k but after reading numerous posts about a weird image flicker on the Crossover, I decided to pull the trigger on this beauty.

Before making the jump to this monitor I was on a QNIX qx2710 PLS monitor overclocked to 120hz. I did experience a bit of motion sickness with the Wasabi Mango display because of the sheer size and distance that I have the screen at but, that went away after a few hours of use.... I'm no longer affected biggrin.gif

Gaming at 2160p on PC with freesync has been pretty legit thus far but, I also game on the consoles and noticed there weren't many mentions of how the consoles fair on this screen. I decided to hook them up to the monitor to see how they look. Here are my impressions thus far.

PS4 and Xbox one have a very slight blur when playing from the usual distance of 2.5 - 3 feet away but once I moved back about another half foot, the view looked more pleasant. With the Wii U, PS3 and XBox 360, the jaggies really stand out more when playing from about 6 feet away compared to the NEC monitor I was using for the consoles.

Overall, I'm spoiled now that I'm playing at 2160p which makes playing with the consoles not as comparable any more... drool.gif

post #833 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Surprised that this thread is not as active as it deserves.
Guess lucky ones who managed to have theirs delivered in one piece are just enjoying this gorgeous panel with nothing to complain.biggrin.gif

Below is my attempt to match this monitor to hardware calibrated at Native (Wide) Gamut Dell U3014.
My initial calibration https://www.overclock.net/t/1554580/got-a-wasabi-mango-4k-42-korean-ips-monitor-what-tests-to-run/760#post_24305751
produced neutral colors, but having the monitor side by side with Dell U3014, was always making me wish for a little more vibrancy from WM.
After playing around, below is the result. The match now is almost perfect, they are literally indistinguishable from each other.

Start with resetting everything to Factory Defaults.(Misc/Factory Reset)
Picture:
Brightness: 47
Conrast: 75 (this was default on mine)
Saturation: 60 (default was 50 and bumping it up made all the difference)

Color:
ColorTemperature: User
Red: 100
Green: 83
Blue: 70

Everything else at defaults.

ICC Profile from X-Rite pro
KJT4K2K60DP_SAT.zip 1215k .zip file

There is no 100% guarantee that your result will match mine exactly, as there are always some variations between panels, so this is not a substitution for proper calibration, but at least a good start comparing to stock color profiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #834 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 03:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am one of those who got it on sale and haven't posted anything; in fact, I joined to post this. My story was more favorable, in that I ordered mine late Saturday night and by Tuesday morning it was sitting on my doorstep. It was wrapped on the outside of the box with 7+ layers of bubble wrap. Out of the box, I was surprised at how heavy and well put together it seemed, the metal bezel being an extra nice touch. This monitor replaced an LG 39" TV as my primary screen. In fact, the UHD420's pedigree was confirmed by the other LG remotes (power on/off, at least) working on the WM.

The screen itself is really amazing ; I was shocked at how bad it made every other display in the room look. It has actually put my on the path to considering upgrading my main house 70" Sharp tv to a 4k TV. Mine was indeed pixel perfect and with the setting dialed-in looks incredible. Note though that I never had a 1440p display of any sort. 1080p looks great to acceptable depending on the content; the scaler seems to do a good enough job but isn't going to do miracles. 1080p streamed content looks really good, for example, but 720p not so much.

Outside of some ARPGs at 1440p, I haven't done much gaming. I am driving this with a single R290, though, so I imagine any native resolution FPS style games will probably be an exercise in frustration.
post #835 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Just giving an update about the WM monitor I bought from accessorieswhole back in June.

My monitor started to flicker and accessorieswhole said he will send me a PCB to see if this will correct the problem. I accepted and he shipped a new PCB a week later. I installed the PCB and no luck, the monitor still flickered and showed artifacts.

He sent me a shipping label and told me to send the monitor back to South Korea for a refund. Accessorieswhole received it on Thursday and I got a message saying the monitor is "fine". It has been four days and I have not heard back or gotten a refund yet.

I will send another e-mail back Monday morning asking for a refund, but I have a feeling I may be out of pocket $700.

Edit: Got my refund! Would do business with him again.
post #836 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimski View Post

Just giving an update about the WM monitor I bought from accessorieswhole back in June.

My monitor started to flicker and accessorieswhole said he will send me a PCB to see if this will correct the problem. I accepted and he shipped a new PCB a week later. I installed the PCB and no luck, the monitor still flickered and showed artifacts.

He sent me a shipping label and told me to send the monitor back to South Korea for a refund. Accessorieswhole received it on Thursday and I got a message saying the monitor is "fine". It has been four days and I have not heard back or gotten a refund yet.

I will send another e-mail back Monday morning asking for a refund, but I have a feeling I may be out of pocket $700.
ebay should help you out if they dont ge back to you shortly.

Side note, now im rethinking my "impulse" buy uhd420 from accessorywholesale redface.gif . Although I cant wait to play with freesync
post #837 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyric View Post

ebay should help you out if they dont ge back to you shortly.

Side note, now im rethinking my "impulse" buy uhd420 from accessorywholesale redface.gif . Although I cant wait to play with freesync

There is nothing eBay can do for me on my end. It is up to the seller whether they want to refund me or not.
post #838 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 09:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

There is nothing eBay can do for me on my end. It is up to the seller whether they want to refund me or not.
I know it's past the 14 days but don't they crack down on people who claimwarranty but don't actually follow through?
post #839 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 02:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyric View Post

I know it's past the 14 days but don't they crack down on people who claimwarranty but don't actually follow through?

It's up to the sender.

Edit: Got my refund! He did follow up. Would definitely do business with him again!
post #840 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 05:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

It's up to the sender.

Edit: Got my refund! He did follow up. Would definitely do business with him again!
Good to hear he/she was very nice when I had to send back the first 1440p monitor I got from him thumb.gif

Side note: Ordered mine sunday at noonish and just got it today.... wow biggrin.gif Still need to calibrate it and all but I wanted to see freesync first. The problem Im having is I cant find out how to enable it from the very basic osd that I cant find.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in