Got a Wasabi-Mango 4k 42" Korean IPS monitor: What tests to run? - Page 86 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Got a Wasabi-Mango 4k 42" Korean IPS monitor: What tests to run?

post #851 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimski View Post

Anyone have experience with Green-sum shipping?

My last WM I ordered from Accessorieswhole on a Monday, it was on my front porch in two days. I ordered another one from green-sum on Monday, it is now Thursday and the sender has yet to even hand the package to DHL.

Mine was also delayed slightly when I ordered from Green-sum. But I had asked for them to check to make sure it had no defective pixels and that it was packaged extra well with extra protection. This was for the UHD490.

Package arrived in a wooden crate! So, extra packaging was taken care of. The box for the monitor had obviously also been opened prior to shipping. So my assumption is that they had indeed spent some time to check for defective pixels.

It took a bit over a week from when I ordered it for it to arrive. Ordered on a Monday and received on the next Tuesday.

Regards,
SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #852 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbuddha View Post

Mine was also delayed slightly when I ordered from Green-sum. But I had asked for them to check to make sure it had no defective pixels and that it was packaged extra well with extra protection. This was for the UHD490.

Package arrived in a wooden crate! So, extra packaging was taken care of. The box for the monitor had obviously also been opened prior to shipping. So my assumption is that they had indeed spent some time to check for defective pixels.

It took a bit over a week from when I ordered it for it to arrive. Ordered on a Monday and received on the next Tuesday.

Regards,
SB

Let us know if you have the flicking issues like with the CO monitors as it using the same boards. Only reason why I stuck with the UHD420 was because it was using the mstar board.
post #853 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 05:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

What squaretrade is the one to buy with this monitor? I'm buying one from amazon, and I was hoping to pick up one of the $45 3year electronics warranty's, but I'm not sure if I should be buying that one, or the $100+ computer one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #854 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

The Crossover 494k originally shipped with a Realtek controller, only recently have they switched to Mstar. Spypet, for example, has one with the Realtek board and it has the flicker.

All Wasabi Mango UHD490's have the Mstar controller (like the UHD420). Mine does have a flicker, but it only happens about a minute or two after waking up from a long sleep. So I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as what the Crossover folks are experiencing.

It doesn't bother me overly much unless it gets worse. It's a minor annoyance when I first turn on the computer, but I can live with it.

Regards,
SB
post #855 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 23)
turbo - buy the squartrade for HDTV on ebaY itself within 30 days.
be advised they won't fix it, they'll simply pay you off if it's unusable.

silent - crossover flicker is not a warm up occurance.
it's intermittent yet persistent.

494K is NOT yet shipping with MStar like WM - crossover is still using realtec.
i can confirm this from a buyer who took delivery less than 2 weeks ago.
post #856 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Just wanted to give some feedback after using my WM 420UHD 2.0 for the past four weeks.

I am still very pleased with this monitor and every time I power on the monitor it is pure joy!

The joy was just suppressed by the absolutely annoying hot-plug Windows/Displayport "feature" which caused the re-sizing and relocation of all my open windows ("Displayport Hot-Plug Detect HDP pin 18") using multiple monitors. After reading lots and lots of postings on many sites, unsuccessfully experimenting with Windows 10 Registry settings, I finally got it working that my 'Extended' Desktop with three monitors is keeping all resolutions no matter if they are switched on or off or even physically disconnected. The issue is not WM related at all. It is a Windows/Displayport issue affecting many people with multiple monitors (and maybe different resolutions).

... I was even close getting my soldering iron out, disconnect DP PIN 18 and connect some voltage to that pin ...

I have three different monitors with three different resolutions as Extended Display and a AMD Firepro W5100.
- Dell 2407WFP 1920 x 1200
- WM 420UHD (KJT4K2K60DP) 3840 x 2160
- Samsung LN55 1920 x 1080

I achieved this by simply saving the EDID information for each monitor to a file and then doing a EDID Emulation using the saved files as previously posted by Robert Jones (Thanks!) https://sites.google.com/site/ebobster/stuff/displayportblanking

The AMD Firepro Control Center I am using might be slightly different to the Catalyst Control Center, but I assume the EDID Emulation is possible.

1. Select AMD FirePro/EDID Emulation and Accept the license/warning
2. You should see now your AMD graphics adapter with two selections: 'Graphics Card Display Connectors' and 'Display Connections'
3. My three monitors were shown as
'Connection 2 - DisplayPort (Connected : Samsung)
'Connection 3 - DisplayPort (Connected : DELL 2407WFP)
'Connection 4 - DisplayPort (Connected : KJT4K2K60DP)
4. Hover over each monitor entry and save the EDID information to a file with e.g. the file name using the name of the monitor
5. Now click on the "+" sign to add the EDID emulation using the file for each monitor you just saved
6. Do this for all your connected monitors
7. Finally tick the check box for 'Force EDID Emulation' and Apply the settings

After this my windows were no longer re-sized after a monitor power cycle or sleep/wakeup.
I think this solution might even make my previous posting making Windows Registry modifications obsolete.
I am using the latest AMD Firepro driver package 15.20.1045-..... with FirePro Control Center 2015.0622.2137.37044

post #857 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Btw. is freesync supported in fullscreen at 1080P or other non-4K resolutions?
post #858 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 23)
earth to ricky - nobody here cares about your firepro or quadro server gpu cards
post #859 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 377 (Unique: 269)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post

earth to ricky - nobody here cares about your firepro or quadro server gpu cards

You're a jerk. Grow up please.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #860 of 1247 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post

Actually I am very interested in Firepro and Quadro related to this monitor as I will be using my setup for 3D modeling/CAD. While I appreciate the knowledge you bring to this board spynet, it is a mystery why you sometimes take the roll of a controlling douchbag. This is a forum allowing many people with different objectives to learn from each other. It's not your private board subject only to your personal whim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in