[Official] Crossover 2795 QHD: PWM/Flicker Free Overclock-able Matte 1440p AH-IPS. - Page 85 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] Crossover 2795 QHD: PWM/Flicker Free Overclock-able Matte 1440p AH-IPS.

post #841 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I bought the Crossover 2795QHD from dream-seller on 27/08/2015 for £202.90 and it arrived today 09/09/2015. But it was stuck in customs for 4 days so it caused the delay. I bought the non-pixel perfect model and can report I have no backlight bleed and no dead/stuck pixels. IMO its not worth paying extra for the pixel perfect version. Even at the lowest brightness I cannot notice any flickering (I am sensitive to backlight flickering) although I have no way of testing if it uses PWM Dimming. This is suggesting to me that the Crossover 2795QHD doesn't use PWM Dimming. And mine has a logo, not the Crossover words on the bezel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidev97 View Post

I bought the Crossover 2795QHD from dream-seller on 27/08/2015 for £202.90 and it arrived today 09/09/2015. But it was stuck in customs for 4 days so it caused the delay. I bought the non-pixel perfect model and can report I have no backlight bleed and no dead/stuck pixels. IMO its not worth paying extra for the pixel perfect version. Even at the lowest brightness I cannot notice any flickering (I am sensitive to backlight flickering) although I have no way of testing if it uses PWM Dimming. This is suggesting to me that the Crossover 2795QHD doesn't use PWM Dimming. And mine has a logo, not the Crossover words on the bezel.

Good to hear. I'm still at work but planned to open up my monitor to check the panel for hints of a production date or batch number. It probably got stuck in customs because they couldn't determine the value of it for import tax. That **** happened to me and I had to send a reply later with the receipt or email printed.
post #843 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadaman View Post

There are some people that think paying more for PP is worth it, others think its just a cash grab for the seller and i also lean towards the second mindset. Had two matte qnixes, glossy xtar(07 panel), yamakasi catleap 2b 120hz, all were PP monitors and they all had atleast 2 dead pixels except glossy xstar which was not PP lol, so its ur choice. I personally think that seller doesnt even open up the thing to check it, he just sells it as it comes from manufacturer, maybe with pixel peefect stick on it that manufacturer put on it, but i doubt even manufacturer checks this strictly, maybe someone 3lse could share with their opinion about pixel perfect, if its worth it :-)

I got the regular model and got no dead pixels on arrival. Some people want guarantees but can they really get guarantees when it takes a week or more to receive then more weeks to return it and then wait even more to receive the replacement? I'd take the crossover lottery and save that money for a good DVI cable in case the other one doesn't cut it.

edit: If you're on the fence about PP or not, just get the regular version. Unless it's a big manufacturer like Samsung, LG, or Asus, where quality control is rechecked by many buyers, there are no guarantees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 10:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

It's unlikely that you'll get dead pixels, as most people getting non pixel perfect are reporting they they have no dead pixels. I would suggest buying from sellers that don't open the box such as dream-seller to check the monitor's condition, as those sellers would probably keep the ones with no dead pixels for their pixel perfect versions, and give you one with a few stuck/dead pixels, unless you pay more for pixel perfect. Also, I have a question. In dream seller's description, it says "low blue light". Does this affect colour vibrancy in anyway?
post #845 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ok more or less we determined that it's still PWM free

next thing
is there anyone who experiencing low buzzing noise from their unit ?
post #846 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 01:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Surprisingly easy. @weaveR @Abadaman @brucethemoose I used this guide (link).

Panel sticker: LS270WQ1 SL C1 (link)

4 screws in the back. Slowly unhooking panel from all sides.

Easy to do with a flat-head screwdriver

4 screws on the side of the panel but nothing too hard.

edit:

No wonder the other 4 buttons don't work lol

Same panel as the Dell U2713HM used in May 2013.

edit: @Blinkey, no not hearing any buzzing noise.

edit: ****... lost one screw to hold the panel in place xD

last edit: No problem. That screw didn't seem to matter. This was very easy. Monitor doing fine
post #847 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRobot View Post

Surprisingly easy. @weaveR @Abadaman @brucethemoose I used this guide (link).

Panel sticker: LS270WQ1 SL C1 (link)

4 screws in the back. Slowly unhooking panel from all sides.

Easy to do with a flat-head screwdriver

4 screws on the side of the panel but nothing too hard.

edit:

No wonder the other 4 buttons don't work lol

Same panel as the Dell U2713HM used in May 2013.

edit: @]Blinkey[/@], no not hearing any buzzing noise.

edit: ****... lost one screw to hold the panel in place xD

last edit: No problem. That screw didn't seem to matter. This was very easy. Monitor doing fine

Beautiful. smile.gif
post #848 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Hmm.... Mine Panel is a LM270WQ1 SL C2.

post #849 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrates View Post

Hmm.... Mine Panel is a LM270WQ1 SL C2.

Uh oh. The C2 is the newer version of the C1 though. 350 vs 300 cd/m2. W-LED vs GB-r-LED. TFTCentral link, click on 27-27.8" panels. The C1 seems to have 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) colors vs the 16.7m 8-bit of the C2. Both are still AH-IPS.

edit: LG uses a modification of WLED known as GB-r-LED. Read more here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadaman View Post

Beautiful. smile.gif

Per your request, some pics of various wallpapers. None exhibited any artifacts or flickering except for that last pic separate from the rest. Imgur album with all of them.
Images (Click to show)

You can't really see it but it was flickering with black lines when this wallpaper was like this. When it was stretched normally, it was fine.
post #850 of 2002 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRobot View Post

Uh oh. The C2 is the newer version of the C1 though. 350 vs 300 cd/m2. W-LED vs GB-r-LED. TFTCentral link, click on 27-27.8" panels. The C1 seems to have 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) colors vs the 16.7m 8-bit of the C2. Both are still AH-IPS.

edit: LG uses a modification of WLED known as GB-r-LED. Read more here.
Per your request, some pics of various wallpapers. None exhibited any artifacts or flickering except for that last pic separate from the rest. Imgur album with all of them.
Images (Click to show)

You can't really see it but it was flickering with black lines when this wallpaper was like this. When it was stretched normally, it was fine.

Two Questions:
(1)So what is the better screen? Are we sure there are only two different versions.
(2)On the two different screens what does your front logo show? Is it the Cat face or the Name?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in