[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Various] ASUS debuts ROG SWIFT PG279Q 144hz IPS and G-SYNC

post #21 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsh90 View Post

The only question that remains is "when"
I waited enough time as it is waiting for the acer, only to find out about it's QC. I hope it gets released within this month. Currently i'm on my 3rd acer and the return period ends in luke 3 weeks.

I don't know how long it took from announcing the first Swift to it being on sale but I remember people tracking the boat with the first shipment for a month biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Wasn't the ROG Swift plagued with issues and nearly impossible to get replacements? I love how everyone's bashing the Acer monitor for their QC when the maker of this panel had plenty of issues of their own with the TN Swift.

post #23 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 327 (Unique: 240)
Since no GSync module exists that uses HDMI we can be certain that only the DP input will use the good features of the monitor. That, or they convert the HDMI to DP internally which ads lag and thus is still unacceptable

We also need confirmation on things like ULMB.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post

Wasn't the ROG Swift plagued with issues and nearly impossible to get replacements? I love how everyone's bashing the Acer monitor for their QC when the maker of this panel had plenty of issues of their own with the TN Swift.

You're right, but atleast this is another chance at a manufacturer getting 1440p 144Hz IPS G-Sync right and more competition and choice is better for everyone.

Also I hope they can get ULMB working at 120Hz

post #25 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffron View Post

You're right, but atleast this is another chance at a manufacturer getting 1440p 144Hz IPS G-Sync right and more competitiion and choice is better for everyone.

Also I hope they can get ULMB working at 120Hz

I am in no way saying that's a bad thing. Competition creates better products and better pricing. What I am saying is that anyone trashing the Acer monitor QC in favor of an ASUS counterpart for a better chance at a defect free panel is a hypocrite.

post #26 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 29)
The HDMI port is great for me. I know it won't work with Gsync, but for my second rig (non gaming rig), is a plus.
post #27 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Frog Blast The Vent Core

Rep: 367 (Unique: 181)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Since no GSync module exists that uses HDMI we can be certain that only the DP input will use the good features of the monitor. That, or they convert the HDMI to DP internally which ads lag and thus is still unacceptable

We also need confirmation on things like ULMB.

Conversion still doesn't make HDMI capable of utilizing G-Sync. You can convert the pixel data fine enough, but the part of DisplayPort that enables G-Sync just isn't there in HDMI.
post #28 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:45 AM

Not a fan of the way it looks. Could have had a better design.
post #29 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post

I am in no way saying that's a bad thing. Competition creates better products and better pricing. What I am saying is that anyone trashing the Acer monitor QC in favor of an ASUS counterpart for a better chance at a defect free panel is a hypocrite.

I can only speak for myself but I want to buy a monitor with these specs and the QC issues of the Acer put me off enough that I was going to wait for Acer to improve later batches, but now I have another monitor to look forward to in the Asus. I also prefer the design of the Asus. Will QC be better than the Acer? Who knows, could be a lemon, only time will tell. Hardly being hypocritical.

post #30 of 9635 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 32)
Does this have the same light anti-glare coating of the Acer? All I need to know on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in