Acer XF270HU 1440 IPS 144 Hz Adaptive Sync Thread - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Acer XF270HU 1440 IPS 144 Hz Adaptive Sync Thread

post #21 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Alright got my monitor. Lets start. All the pictures were taken with Nikon D5100. ISO 200, shutter speed 1/60 (1/80 in some), and F 4.3 aperture.
I chose these settings because they are what most closely resembled what I saw from my eyes when It came to the backlightbleed.

This monitor was left at the downstairs on an apt building by FedEx. Not next to my door, but downstairs near the entrance. So no signature was required.
For a $600 i would expect that a signature would be required. The packaging was crap. 2 piece of brown paper and that's it. 0/10 to Amazon for shipping+handling.

On to the monitor. These first set of pictures were taken on 50 brightness. ALL of the pictures however, were taken 5 feet away from the monitor.

This blue looks terrible on this picture. In reality the blue looks much more like "blue" lol.

These are taken at 23 brightness

Here I show screen shots from the movie Interstellar (Blueray)

Final thoughts.
-IPS bleed is not so terrible. If you have flux on (like i did at first) for some reason it made the bleed much more noticeable on a black screen.
- The screen is matte. There isen't much "reflection" on the screen. Good thing.
-The stand is not glossy. Thank god. Neither is the bezel. It is very matte.
-The whites and bright colors on the IPS display looks much better then they did on my 1080p TN.
-Watching 1080p stuff, I'm not sure how to word it but, things look a little blurry. Same foes for images. Looks grainy.
- There is a this feeling of "lag" when i type or move the mouse (when i played LOL). I suspect this has to do with my GPU tho.
-I could not test FreeSYNC/144hz. yet as I have an AMD 7950...Only game i Played was LOL and it was lagging for some reason.
- Panel uniformity. There is a tint of yellow on the bottom of the screen from what i can see. It's pretty bad IMO. I couldn't get a picture good enough to show you guys but it is noticeable...Worthy of a return IMO but lets see..

I will do some more testing such as using the XB270hu ICC from tft. Going to do a side by side comparison with my TN as well.
Am I going to keep this monitor? I am leaning towards doing so but I will test it out for couple of days and see. I like it so far however.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:21 AM
Phenomenologist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 143)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MkO611 View Post

Final thoughts.
-IPS bleed is not so terrible. If you have flux on (like i did at first) for some reason it made the bleed much more noticeable on a black screen.
- The screen is matte. There isen't much "reflection" on the screen. Good thing.
-The stand is not glossy. Thank god. Neither is the bezel. It is very matte.
-The whites and bright colors on the IPS display looks much better then they did on my 1080p TN.
-Watching 1080p stuff, I'm not sure how to word it but, things look a little blurry. Same foes for images. Looks grainy.
- There is a this feeling of "lag" when i type or move the mouse (when i played LOL). I suspect this has to do with my GPU tho.
-I could not test FreeSYNC/144hz. yet as I have an AMD 7950...Only game i Played was LOL and it was lagging for some reason.
- Panel uniformity. There is a tint of yellow on the bottom of the screen from what i can see. It's pretty bad IMO. I couldn't get a picture good enough to show you guys but it is noticeable...Worthy of a return IMO but lets see..

I will do some more testing such as using the XB270hu ICC from tft. Going to do a side by side comparison with my TN as well.
Am I going to keep this monitor? I am leaning towards doing so but I will test it out for couple of days and see. I like it so far however.

From the pictures it looks like you a near perfect panel, I see no yellow tint at the bottom, but if it really bugs you and takes away from the immersion, send it back. Reason you are lagging is probably a 7950 just is not powerful enough for 1440p... not sure, try turning down the settings lower in LoL see if fps increases to where it feels smoother... not sure what the deal is there...

Headphones: Sennhesier HD660S
AMP: Schiit Asgard 2
DAC: Schiit Modi 3
post #23 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 06:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Yeah well, I'm sending mine back now. Take a look at the lower corners when playing Arma 3 in a dark map:

Hopefully I'll get more lucky next time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Phenomenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraji View Post

Yeah well, I'm sending mine back now. Take a look at the lower corners when playing Arma 3 in a dark map:

Yeah, I agree that does ruin the experience to a degree, if mine is this way I too will be sending it back. Mine gets here Monday.

post #25 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 02:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 80)
It's the same panel as in the MG279Q and the XB270HU. The IPS glow tends to be yellowish and the displays are not factory calibrated. How much glow varies so get ready to play swap around if you are picky.

post #26 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Phenomenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth420 View Post

It's the same panel as in the MG279Q and the XB270HU. The IPS glow tends to be yellowish and the displays are not factory calibrated. How much glow varies so get ready to play swap around if you are picky.

Do you have any sources to back your claims it is the same panel? A legit source would be nice.

post #27 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 04:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

Do you have any sources to back your claims it is the same panel? A legit source would be nice.

It's the AU Optronics panel m270dan02.3 bet anything on it but for confirmation ask Acer.

Personal experience with these panels is my basis.

I've seen enough to know from the IPS hue. Owned both. Also why would Acer get two panels same specs down to every last detail?

Protip: If you want this monitor buy a spyder it will need calibration.

post #28 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 08:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraji View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

Yeah, I agree that does ruin the experience to a degree, if mine is this way I too will be sending it back. Mine gets here Monday.

When you two get your monitors, mind posting the Carton # (you will see it on your monitor box) and the batch data the monitor was made.

With my monitor i ended up finding 2 dead pixels but its almost impossible to notice them.
The yellow tint I mentioned. Basically the colors on the bottom half (where the IPS bleed is) of my screen are less brighter then they are on top of my screen. It is mostly visible on bright backgrounds.
Here are two images I managed to get that show what I am seeing.

post #29 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 10:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

https://pcmonitors.info/acer/acer-xf270hu-144hz-wqhd-freesync-monitor/

Yep AHVA AU Optronics def the same panel. I am ordering 3 to keep 1.....I know better.

post #30 of 1075 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Phenomenologist

sorry to dissapoint you guys, but I am refusing delivery of this monitor on Monday, I got a 980 ti for $545 last night shipped before it sold out.

going to sell my flashed 390s as well and grab me a dell gsync 1440p tn panel. for one i am having too many crossfire issues, and a 1500 core 3dmark friestrike of a single ti beats/ties my crossfire 390 core... so yea...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in