Acer XB321HK 4k 32" G-Sync Monitor - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Acer XB321HK 4k 32" G-Sync Monitor

post #21 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 08:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
I'm starting to think the monitor is useless to me. I'm always above 60fps (that is why i have 4 Titan X cards) - so i'm not getting any jerky form dropping below 60 if i had vsync on.
And if i turned vysnc on i'm getting input lag cause 60 fps isn't enough to deal with crazy mouse movements not to feel "off". I'd rather have screen tearing and less lag..
unless i'm missing something? Gsync is only useful if you are dropping before the refresh rate of the monitor - which in this case is 60. I don't know what the magic number is for me that i don't "feel" off.. but it isn't 60 smile.gif i'm guessing it is around 90.

oh well.. more wasted money on 4k monitors. It isn't like newegg will ever take anything back either. argh. note to self (that i always forget) never order from newegg and wait for it to be on amazon tongue.gif
post #23 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

oh well.. more wasted money on 4k monitors. It isn't like newegg will ever take anything back either. argh. note to self (that i always forget) never order from newegg and wait for it to be on amazon tongue.gif

I've returned monitors to Newegg no problem, probably have to pay shipping as it isn't defective though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

While my purchases at amazon are not always perfect I agree they are wonderful compared to newegg for returns.
post #25 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:50 PM
To The Game

Rep: 289 (Unique: 197)
32" 4k with Gsync sounds pretty good. Will say though after experiencing this XB270HU I'm done with gaming monitors. Someone else can deal with crappy PQ. I'm in the process of looking into 4k TV's. I'll take a little input lag and great contrast and image quality over less input lag and sub-standard panels sold at excessive prices. If they're going to keep selling gaming monitors at the prices they are they need to put more effort into making the image on screen look like it's worth the price.
post #26 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
wasn't that a TN monitor? this one is IPS. Yeah.. i'll never touch a TN screen. PQ is the most important to me - that is why i'll most likely get the dell OLED screen.
post #27 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 03:54 PM
To The Game

Rep: 289 (Unique: 197)
Quote:

wasn't that a TN monitor? this one is IPS. Yeah.. i'll never touch a TN screen. PQ is the most important to me - that is why i'll most likely get the dell OLED screen.

It's IPS. Just, not what I expected from it. The Gsync is nice at least.

*There's a IPS and TN version of the monitor. I've got the IPS. If someone walked in here and offered me $400 cash for it I'd take it. That's after paying $800 for the thing maybe 5 or 6 months ago.
post #28 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 09:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boed View Post

Hello,

If you are trying to display more than 60fps - does the 60hz limitation of this monitor impact that?

Yes. It's capped at 60hz. You could be getting 75fps in a game, but the monitor will only refresh at 60,

post #29 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 09:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Good to know - thanks.
post #30 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 05:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 39)
Does this support ulmb ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in