Acer XB321HK 4k 32" G-Sync Monitor - Page 37 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Acer XB321HK 4k 32" G-Sync Monitor

post #361 of 365 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 67)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

This is all monitors, Acer put it out earlier this year as they finally had to admit the issue was there after covering it up for so long that it was an issue w/ the panel mfc that they weren't going to ever fix due to the cost of having to purchase a new order of newly made panels, apparently the mfc of the panels doesn't give QC. Sites are aware of this and will allow returns.

Acer recently ( last month ) deleted the thread and or archived it due to people linking back to it on multiple retail sites given that official reps had released the statement.

Mine is manufactured in july of this year. Seems to be issue free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 365 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 75)
so ive had this monitor maybe a week now and wow I didn't think it would be this refreshing, I have the x34a also but I love the fact I do not have the keep looking to my left / right ( X34A) I can just stay looking directly ahead.

the overall experience, the picture etc is very sharp makes my X34a a little mushy also the IPS color seem so much more vibrant and clear

I do have the weird artifact that most people have but really doesn't bother me as it only happens now and then plus I got this for a steal compared to RRP.

I seem to have gotten better in rocket league , tried BF1 but it seems blocky and slow in BF1 compared to the X34A .

viewing content is also great, can watch everything in 4k on youtube and it fills the whole screen! instead of watching it in 1080p with black bars tongue.gif

its still a tough decision .. x34a or XB321HK? I feel like if they was fused together it would make the absolute perfect monitor.

hell what am I talking about just bring out a 4k 32'' 144hz monitor biggrin.gif

i7 8700k | MSI Carbon AC ITX | G Skill Ripjaws 2 x 16GB 3200CL14 | Muskin Reactor 1TB | EVGA 750 G2 |In-Win D-Frame Mini | X34A
post #363 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 342 (Unique: 278)
I just picked up an XB321HK from Micro Center and so far I think it's great. It doesn't have the consistency of my Dell UP3216Q but that's not really a fair fight.

One odd thing I've noticed is a flicker/flash of the screen on POST or waking from sleep. There's no distortion at all - just a few flashes of the in-tact image. I've been using it heavily the last few days for both gaming and productivity and have yet to see this behavior during normal usage. So far it's only happening, and consistently at that, during POST and wake.

I have tried both the Acer cable as well as a known-good 4K/60 cable without any difference in result. I actually was able to try a second XB321HK and found it did this too.

I've notice this thing powers on and displays extremely quickly compared to other monitors I've tried. Does that have anything to do with it?

In the event it's helpful:

X99/6950X
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
I just picked up an XB321HK from Micro Center and so far I think it's great. It doesn't have the consistency of my Dell UP3216Q but that's not really a fair fight.

One odd thing I've noticed is a flicker/flash of the screen on POST or waking from sleep. There's no distortion at all - just a few flashes of the in-tact image. I've been using it heavily the last few days for both gaming and productivity and have yet to see this behavior during normal usage. So far it's only happening, and consistently at that, during POST and wake.

I have tried both the Acer cable as well as a known-good 4K/60 cable without any difference in result. I actually was able to try a second XB321HK and found it did this too.

I've notice this thing powers on and displays extremely quickly compared to other monitors I've tried. Does that have anything to do with it?

X99/6950X
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
you said the flicker happens on waking from sleep. I think this is typically normal when it switches from power saving mode to normal mode. I didn't get the point in case of POST. What do u mean?

Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime. (Chinese proverb)

Quote me if you want a reply. wink.gif
post #365 of 365 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 11:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 342 (Unique: 278)
Quote: Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post

X99/6950X
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
I figured it out. The flicker on boot/POST was related to the CSM (Compatibility Service Module) setting in my motherboard (Rampage Edition 10) BIOS. It seems having CSM enabled, a 1080Ti, and a GSync monitor can and likely will result in the phenomenon I describe above. I didn't dive deep enough to speak to what exactly is causing the flashing but changing the BIOS setting has 100% resolved my concern.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in