ViewSonic XG2703-GS 165Hz IPS G-Sync. Anyone else interested in this? - Page 58 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ViewSonic XG2703-GS 165Hz IPS G-Sync. Anyone else interested in this?

post #571 of 701 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 10:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wram View Post

Hello guys, just purchased this monitor.
Everthing seemed good so far, no blb, very small glow, but when overclocked and used to 144Hz or 165Hz it does buzzing noise on the low right side.
I can only hear it with no headphones, but still annoys me a bit, does it happen to all of this monitors or should I return it? A monitor like this shouldn't have coil whine.

Return it for a replacement, I have no issues with 165hz or buzzing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 701 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 06:10 PM
A title was here

Rep: 208 (Unique: 162)
I'm now almost convinced this display actually can overheat even when running at 144hz or below. I have central air but it's not needed atm since it's only 45°F outside and under 65°F in this room.

It randomly shuts off after a marathon of use then when it the PC have been turned off for 20 minutes it suddenly works again, that screams overheating, right ?

I know someone else has mentioned a similar issue after their system and display have gone idle and into sleep mode and reconnecting it doesn't work for me and I've prevented sleep mode, although I've only tried it from the end that connects to the display.

It did this with my 2500k system as well.

Edit - So this time I left the PC and display off for 45 minutes, turned the system on and the bios appeared on the Viewsonic, but then wasn't recognized by windows and it chose another display as the main display. Then I disconnected and reconnected the DP to the display and it worked.

Edit 2 - Looks like the cause might be something called Deep Sleep for the DisplayPort which I can disable in the OSD. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/777412/geforce-drivers/black-screen-on-windows-login-344-16-and-11-on-displayport-with-gtx980-sc-fix-info-posted-11-25-/1/

https://forums.evga.com/DisplayPort-and-black-screen-m2439790.aspx

8600K @ 4.8 | NH-D15 | ASRock z370 Extreme4 | 1080 Strix | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB SSD | 1TB WD CB | 2TB WD Blue | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 | Sound Blaster Zx | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M (TG) | Logitech G900 | Logitech G810 | Sennheiser PC320 + HD419 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | ViewSonic XG2703-GS
post #573 of 701 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Err was watching a Youtube video when suddenly my monitor says "No Signal" via DP only the OSD works now... Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 701 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Turned power off at outlet turned it back on and it works again.

post #575 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 10:17 AM
lololol

Rep: 362 (Unique: 150)
my first had the same issue almost daily. rma it if it's frequent

my current one does that every few months maybe

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
post #576 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys, new to the forum here so bare with me. I am currently looking to upgrade my Acer XB280HK (Acer XB280HK bprz Black 28" 1ms 4K UKD Widescreen LED Backlight G-sync Monitor) and after perusing the forums here and reading about horror stories of some of the monitors am looking at I really am unsure of what direction to go.

Some of the options I have been looking at:

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz 4ms G-SYNC Eye Care Gaming Monitor with DP and HDMI ports

Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" WQHD (2560x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS Display, (Display Port & HDMI Port, 144Hz)

ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" 165Hz IPS WQHD 1440p G-Sync Gaming Monitor HDMI, DisplayPort

LG 34UC89G-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor with G-SYNC

I need G-SYNC, I am currently running two EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 and would love a high refresh rate but I also love resolution. I am trying to find a middle ground as I my monitor is 60Hz currently so anything higher than that is better.

Price is not really an option, I don't currently have a dual monitor setup but would love one, and to get a wall mount or desk stand (recommendations always welcome!) for them.

Any help or other monitor suggestions (been looking at others not on this list as well) are really a big help. If you know of something great that is coming out soon I am willing to hold out a little bit longer on the upgrade just to make sure that I get what I want.

Thanks everyone!
post #577 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen425666 View Post

Hey guys, new to the forum here so bare with me. I am currently looking to upgrade my Acer XB280HK (Acer XB280HK bprz Black 28" 1ms 4K UKD Widescreen LED Backlight G-sync Monitor) and after perusing the forums here and reading about horror stories of some of the monitors am looking at I really am unsure of what direction to go.

Some of the options I have been looking at:

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz 4ms G-SYNC Eye Care Gaming Monitor with DP and HDMI ports

Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" WQHD (2560x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS Display, (Display Port & HDMI Port, 144Hz)

ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" 165Hz IPS WQHD 1440p G-Sync Gaming Monitor HDMI, DisplayPort

LG 34UC89G-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor with G-SYNC

I need G-SYNC, I am currently running two EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 and would love a high refresh rate but I also love resolution. I am trying to find a middle ground as I my monitor is 60Hz currently so anything higher than that is better.

Price is not really an option, I don't currently have a dual monitor setup but would love one, and to get a wall mount or desk stand (recommendations always welcome!) for them.

Any help or other monitor suggestions (been looking at others not on this list as well) are really a big help. If you know of something great that is coming out soon I am willing to hold out a little bit longer on the upgrade just to make sure that I get what I want.

Thanks everyone!

I have the 27" 4K one from Asus: PG27AQ and it's also capped at 60Hz. It's successor PG27UQ is expected to be the next holy grail giving 4K @144Hz but since the panels are not ready yet neither Asus nor Acer is able to produce their product before mid to late 2018. I'm going to assume that you know all this already. If not consider this your quick update.

So, since waiting was not an option for me and just like you I wanted higher refresh rates I looked at the same options as you listed. In a nutshell widescreens are not my thing so those were off the table immediately for me. That leaves the 27"@165Hz from Asus,Acer or Viewsonic. Both Asus and Acer are notorious for their bad quality control on the panels for those screens but then again they were the first to come out and early adoptors. Viewsonic came 1-2years late to the party with their screen but the quality control seems very good over the entire line.

Because of that I took my chances with the Viewsonic and indeed, no glow, deformity or color shifting/banding issues. I'm very happy with the monitor I received. Therefore I can personally recommend the viewsonic. Having tried both [email protected] and [email protected] I can tell you I will always choose the higher refresh rate now. My [email protected] is on the side collecting dust now until the PG27UQ arrives next year.

If widescreens are your thing there are a few interesting screens that recently (this year) came out mixing a higher refresh rate (like 100Hz) with a bit more pixels because of widescreen but same ppi as 1440p mostly. However I read alot mixed reviews by users with the usual panel problems again. Reason enough to stay clear of them I ended up thinking.

So in a nutshell you can either wait till mid or late 2018 for the holy grail and pray it will be a good quality controlled product or buy the Viewsonic now. I hope this information helps
post #578 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
A title was here

Rep: 208 (Unique: 162)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curseair View Post

Err was watching a Youtube video when suddenly my monitor says "No Signal" via DP only the OSD works now... Any ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curseair View Post

Turned power off at outlet turned it back on and it works again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

my first had the same issue almost daily. rma it if it's frequent

my current one does that every few months maybe

I had a similar issue but I had to turn off the system and display for at least 30 minutes for the display to work again.

Recently I found out about Deep Sleep mode with DisplayPort and how it causes serious issues if it's enabled on the motherboard, and it involves power and you need to completely deny the display and gpu power for it to work again so waiting 30 minutes (things discharging) would do just that whereas I thought it was overheating even at 144hz.

I noticed there was a Deep Sleep setting for HDMI and DP in the OSD, once I disabled the DP setting I haven't had the issue since.

But in the last 3 days I've noticed 3 new dead pixels and dust in a corner :/

Edit - They may just be stuck pixels, hard to tell.

8600K @ 4.8 | NH-D15 | ASRock z370 Extreme4 | 1080 Strix | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB SSD | 1TB WD CB | 2TB WD Blue | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 | Sound Blaster Zx | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M (TG) | Logitech G900 | Logitech G810 | Sennheiser PC320 + HD419 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | ViewSonic XG2703-GS
post #579 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 03:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So, I got one of these a couple of weeks ago.

Dirt under glass and horrendous BLB.

Was told BLB was normal, blah blah blah.

Anyway, was able to get a replacement. BLB is not as bad, still not great. I've got a 30" Dell IPS from a few years ago and that has ZERO BLB.

Was willing to put up with the BLB, but I'm seeing a yellow/dirty brown tint towards the left of screen, particularly noticeable on the bottom left corner, is this a common issue?

Why is it so hard to make decent quality screens? It's not like I'm buying the cheap stuff. If I didn't care about quality I certainly wouldn't be buying overpriced 165hz 1440p gsync screens. I could get a 34" 4K screen of supposed lesser quality for a fraction of the price.

Anyway I've contacted Viewsonic yet again. The issue doesn't show in photos though, but really noticeable when browsing websites with white backgrounds, which is most of them.

And these buttons on the back, so annoying, keep pressing the wrong one
post #580 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Am I crazy or does this seem to be the best 144hz IPS on the market right now? Seems to be much better QA than the rest? I'm currently using BenQ XL2411z and it's the colours are just horrible so I was looking to upgrade, I was extremely disappointed with all the different choices but this one finally seems like at least moderately safe bet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in