ViewSonic XG2401 better than LG? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ViewSonic XG2401 better than LG?

post #11 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 50)
Well I spent a few days with the BenQ XL2420G and the LG 24GM77. I even changed monitors during a Division session to see the difference. Without hesitation, I can say the LG smoked BenQ in everything but gsync. Even than, while I would love the LG to have gsync, the flickering and garbage clarity & colors were enough for me to pack the benq up and send it back. The benq was $337 direct from benq and the lg was $299 on amazon. The LG color wise, sharpness wise and gamma wise was exactly what i was looking for in a new monitor. Add in 1ms RT and 144hz rr, I gladly gave up gsync.

All those test and specs might show the benq is better. But to my eyes, it was as clear as day. The second the LG turned on right out of the box I knew the benq was going back. I should have listened to Tuba months ago.

Feeling sad? Funniest thread ever! CLICK

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.
We Are Gr33n Machine
The Silverstone case owners club

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

This is impossible, but it does not surprise me that a Toms Guide review fan would post this. The LG's measured signal delay is negligible. We can argue about adding half the measured pixel response time for a total lag value, but even if this is done the total delay amounts to a whopping (sarcasm) 3.4ms (negligible).
Can you screen shot the pre-calibrated gamma results? The 1080p 144hz TN panels gamma is usually way too low (AOC G2460PF, Asus VG248QE) or way too high (Acer GN246HL and BenQ XL2411Z & XL2430T).
Changing monitors overdrive settings usually has no perceivable and barely a measurable effect on input lag. Ultra Fast likely just adds excessive overshoot ghosting (transparent, dark and colored glow which forms around movement) which you can check for here: http://testufo.com/#test=ghosting

I'm not a fan just passing on information since the VS is relatively new to the market. Wouldn't you agree that as time passes, quality improves on the panel? The LG has been out for awhile and with adaptive-sync for future-proofing (if you really want it when you upgrade) wouldn't the VS be a viable option? The guide also does give a basic review, I don't live by it, so please don't have a heart attack (no sarcasm intended).

He could have also checked Amazon reviews, they have been pretty good as well..... (especially if he isn't going by test specs)
post #13 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 83)
Looks like this viewsonic is a bit better than the XB241H i recently got. Only manages 794:1 contrast when calibrated, otherwise everything else is pretty good.
Calibration (Click to show)

Default @ 144hz it was getting a little north of 900:1, but unfortunately dragging red/green down 7 ticks each to hit 6500k took a toll.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 01:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Any pics of the XB241H? I have the LG, but I kind of want G-sync.
post #15 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 09:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

The blue tape in the bottom right is a temporary solution for not getting blinded by the blue power led >.<<br /> Pics (Click to show)

post #16 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

I thought you were referring to the overdrive setting since I didn't know the Viewsonic had an input lag setting. The lag setting was likely included for marketing purposes.

I think the LG 24GM77 also has a lag reducing feature they call DAS (Dynamic Action Sync) and if the tomshardware review is anything to go by then a similar feature on this Viewsonic is not as gimmicky. For the LG absolute input lag was reduced from 32ms to 18ms with DAS on and they claimed to not have noticed any downside to enabling it except that they no longer could use the motion blur strobe. I don't think this Viewsonic has any sort of blur reduction mode so its probably best to run the highest input lag reduction setting on it 24/7.

post #17 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 50)
that xb241h looks pretty sick

Feeling sad? Funniest thread ever! CLICK

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.
We Are Gr33n Machine
The Silverstone case owners club

post #18 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 05:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 134 (Unique: 104)
I would love to see some screenshots of the ufotest for this monitor.?
post #19 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thought i'd chime in here again and let y'all know that there is a review piece for this monitor now available over at toms: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/viewsonic-xg2401-24-inch-freesync-monitor,4504.html

According to their measurements as well as the fact that this monitor comes with Freesync this is THE 144hz 24" TN monitor to buy hands down.

post #20 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 134 (Unique: 104)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Thought i'd chime in here again and let y'all know that there is a review piece for this monitor now available over at toms: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/viewsonic-xg2401-24-inch-freesync-monitor,4504.html

According to their measurements as well as the fact that this monitor comes with Freesync this is THE 144hz 24" TN monitor to buy hands down.

Seems very identical to the LG. Maybe a little bit better? Viewsonic seems gives up on built in motion blur for some free sync at 48-144hz.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in