ASUS MG279Q 1440 IPS 144 Hz Adaptive Sync Thread - Page 27 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

ASUS MG279Q 1440 IPS 144 Hz Adaptive Sync Thread

post #261 of 294 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 400 (Unique: 206)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToKuten View Post

Do you feel it more blurry than on native size ?

no not really, but to be honest my eyesight is okay, but not perfect. You can also increase vividpixel from 25 to 50 if you like it sharper.

I mean I come from a 6 year old 1080p TN panel that has the worst colours and image quality possible. So naturally I find this monitor to look extremely beautiful in terms of picture quality and colors. I am not really an expert, but the reviews I've seen so far all agree that this is a great monitor if you are lucky with the IPS glow and dead piexel stuff.

I can only give my subjective impression, which is very biased of course, but I love this monitor. Especially at night when I use the blue light filter to make it really comfortable for my eyes to look at it biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Wow so after reading some of the experiences with QC issues and going through a couple different monitors myself just to avoid this one because of that... I think I won the panel lottery on this monitor.

I went through a Samsung C24FG70 (great colors and gaming performance, finally got one without the purple trailing issue but the text sharpness, weird curve, and resolution was a deal killer for me coming from a Dell U2715H)

Went for the Viewsonic XG2703-GS because I heard they have better QC than this monitor. Mine had some BLB that showed in movies with black bars and the signal would just not stop dropping even after replacing with a ACCELL DP cable).. so back it went to Microcenter this morning.

I almost almost pulled the trigger on the Nixeus EDG 27 going for $399 + ship/tax at MASSDROP right now but my Microcenter had one MG279Q left. I had little hope it would be a good one but I talked to the sales guy and he said this is the last one and that it should be the latest manufacture date. I purchased it for $529.99 plus tax and took her home.

Zero BLB, zero dead pixels. Picture quality looks identical to the Viewsonic XG2703-GS and I am still shocked I don't need to return this after so many things I have read regarding this monitor/panel in general. Now I just hope this thing holds up and nothing goes wrong with it because I would HATE to get a replacement one =(
post #263 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legcramp View Post

Wow so after reading some of the experiences with QC issues and going through a couple different monitors myself just to avoid this one because of that... I think I won the panel lottery on this monitor.

I went through a Samsung C24FG70 (great colors and gaming performance, finally got one without the purple trailing issue but the text sharpness, weird curve, and resolution was a deal killer for me coming from a Dell U2715H)

Went for the Viewsonic XG2703-GS because I heard they have better QC than this monitor. Mine had some BLB that showed in movies with black bars and the signal would just not stop dropping even after replacing with a ACCELL DP cable).. so back it went to Microcenter this morning.

I almost almost pulled the trigger on the Nixeus EDG 27 going for $399 + ship/tax at MASSDROP right now but my Microcenter had one MG279Q left. I had little hope it would be a good one but I talked to the sales guy and he said this is the last one and that it should be the latest manufacture date. I purchased it for $529.99 plus tax and took her home.

Zero BLB, zero dead pixels. Picture quality looks identical to the Viewsonic XG2703-GS and I am still shocked I don't need to return this after so many things I have read regarding this monitor/panel in general. Now I just hope this thing holds up and nothing goes wrong with it because I would HATE to get a replacement one =(
Honestly I'm very happy with mine after having it for about 6 months now. The only thing I would change is it needs a gamma slider in osd. Once I got the setup in fps mode to unlock sharpness to fix the blurry text issue and dropped gamma to .83 in Nvidia control panel I'm very happy with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 02:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOODedDutchman View Post

Honestly I'm very happy with mine after having it for about 6 months now. The only thing I would change is it needs a gamma slider in osd. Once I got the setup in fps mode to unlock sharpness to fix the blurry text issue and dropped gamma to .83 in Nvidia control panel I'm very happy with it.

Text looks great on mine especially after using the Samsung for a couple weeks haha. I'll have to dig through this thread to learn about the tricks/tips for best settings. Thanks!
post #265 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Managed to ding a small hole in my screen cover thing (the part that has the anti glare coating applied) is there any way to get a replacement one or otherwise have it fixed? I'm out of warranty...
post #266 of 294 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firionhope View Post

Managed to ding a small hole in my screen cover thing (the part that has the anti glare coating applied) is there any way to get a replacement one or otherwise have it fixed? I'm out of warranty...

They don't sell the AG coating separately. Your best choice would probably be to live with it. Another option would be to get a used or cheap screen with the same panel and swap it into the frame. PX277 would be an option and I think there is a crossover that uses the same panel.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #267 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Isn't 57-144hz doable on this monitor? I've seen some even get as low as 56, but thats not guaranteed and i think its pushing it anyways. With 57-144hz LFC will work since 57 * 2.5 = 142.5 which is within the requirement of the minimum refresh being less than or equal to the maximum refresh. 58 immediately breaks that qualification as 58 * 2.5 = 145, so it exceeds the maximum refresh rate.

What is LFC? I have the monitor now at 57-144hz FreeSync Range I believe. Turned on FreeSync and it shows in the OSD as 144hz. How do I confirm its working with FreeSync?
post #268 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABACABB View Post

What is LFC? I have the monitor now at 57-144hz FreeSync Range I believe. Turned on FreeSync and it shows in the OSD as 144hz. How do I confirm its working with FreeSync?

Low frame rate compensation it doubles or triples the frames to keep the monitor in the freesync range even if the frame rate is lower than the min refresh rate. To confirm its working start up a game with a frame rate in the freesync range then open the on screen menu and you should see the reported refresh rate changing with the frame rate.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #269 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Can anyone give me some disassembly instructions? Some idiot friend of mine saw a bug behind the screen and smashed it like an idiot, now it's stuck there and its right towards the middle of the screen. I feel like crying. Any help would be really appreciated.
post #270 of 294 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firionhope View Post

Can anyone give me some disassembly instructions? Some idiot friend of mine saw a bug behind the screen and smashed it like an idiot, now it's stuck there and its right towards the middle of the screen. I feel like crying. Any help would be really appreciated.

Umm there is nothing for the bug to be behind unless it actually got into the LCD and backlight assembly. Mind posting a picture because I am confused.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in