LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread - Page 103 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread

post #1021 of 1028 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 03:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi to all , i use 34UC88 my drivers are 417.71 , Asus 1080TI OC , windows 10 with LG driver that shows on monitor drivers LG 10bit panel.
First i reset my monitor then i install the drivers all of that using the display port cable , then i turn on Freesync on monitor , open Nvidia control panel change from 8bit to 10 bit color and put the HZ to 75 , THe gsync option was already enabled , i only ticked the fullscreen and window option .

After that i tested all of these, Raceroom,Assetto corsa,Rfactor2, Dirt series all of them, SLRE, AC odyssey,BFV, GTA, and some more games, on all of them i just change from 3440x1440 60hz to 3440x1440 75 hz , i always use the ingame Vsync ON so every game has locked the fps no more than 75hz.
On every game everything works great and all of them are locked at 75 so i had to Use Shadow of tombraider maxed out and Raceroom with 34 cars starting up to see what happens , And i am happy to say that frame drops from 55 to 75 work like charm no tearing no problem at all... Only on Raceroom and only on the start of the game with all the AI cars i got some 35 fps drops so i got there some tearing , But other than that everything works great .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1028 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

A Quick but temporary fix for frameskipping at 75Hz

Hi all

Just found a method besides restarting the computer/monitor to fix the frameskipping at 75Hz before playing games etc.
This is a soft method and does not need a hardware reset. Just download the CRU application, unzip it and then run restart64.exe
This will restart your graphics driver and fixes the frameskipping issue. To confirm you can do a quick UFO TEST check before starting your game. I would do this anytime I want to start a gaming session or when the display has waken from sleep mode.

I think this is much easier than restarting the system/monitor.

Good luck!

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/T...on-Utility-CRU
https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Screenshot_1.bmp (247.2 KB, 11 views)
post #1023 of 1028 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Tripokaridos38 View Post
Hi to all , i use 34UC88 my drivers are 417.71 , Asus 1080TI OC , windows 10 with LG driver that shows on monitor drivers LG 10bit panel.
First i reset my monitor then i install the drivers all of that using the display port cable , then i turn on Freesync on monitor , open Nvidia control panel change from 8bit to 10 bit color and put the HZ to 75 , THe gsync option was already enabled , i only ticked the fullscreen and window option .

After that i tested all of these, Raceroom,Assetto corsa,Rfactor2, Dirt series all of them, SLRE, AC odyssey,BFV, GTA, and some more games, on all of them i just change from 3440x1440 60hz to 3440x1440 75 hz , i always use the ingame Vsync ON so every game has locked the fps no more than 75hz.
On every game everything works great and all of them are locked at 75 so i had to Use Shadow of tombraider maxed out and Raceroom with 34 cars starting up to see what happens , And i am happy to say that frame drops from 55 to 75 work like charm no tearing no problem at all... Only on Raceroom and only on the start of the game with all the AI cars i got some 35 fps drops so i got there some tearing , But other than that everything works great .
So it works now, because of the new drivers? Have you tested latest 418.81?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1024 of 1028 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

I found a solution that for now has always worked, about 10 days, usually happens that every time frameskipping occurs even if the day before everything worked, I tested the gsync and I think it is not appropriate to use it, from often problems on this monitor, for me it is more interesting to have the stable and well-functioning 75hz as on AMD, this procedure that I describe is simple and I hope that nvidia can find a way to avoid it in the future because I think it's a software problem, starting with 75hz freesync active on monitor usually just move a window to notice that moves jerky, I proceed like this:

I open the nvidia control panel, activate Gsync, I go to monitor setting and set 60hz, after a few seconds the screen is reset i set again 75hz, up to now moving the window you notice that now everything is fluid without frameskipping, I go back to the Gsync setting disable it, everything remains working and more stable, the gysnc setting I noticed that slowly playing the situation gets worse, so I prefer to disable it, so with every restart the gsync is disabled.
post #1025 of 1028 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 12:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Wonder how this keeps up today with Nvidia enabling Freesync?
post #1026 of 1028 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Not sure if this still relevant, but I have the same monitor with an RTX 2080 and now it does support G-sync. Although up to 75hz.
post #1027 of 1028 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Rep: 79 (Unique: 60)
Everything still working on my side with 38UC99. Though I switched back to 60 Hz because after only about 10 hours of playing at 85 Hz, 60 FPS started to look clunky and it wouldn't take long until I wouldn't be able to play at 60 FPS anymore, which would be extremely unwise considering how demanding 3840x1600 resolution is and how many games were very hard to run for me at more than 60 FPS historically. So I made a bit of a brake from playing and watched a lot of movies in meantime and now 60 FPS feels smooth again and I can fluctuate between 50-60 comfortably, just like planned from the beginning. I am still using V-sync at 60 Hz because VRR implementation is just not good enough to run active all the time without flickering, so I just run locked to 60 Hz (locked 0.010 Hz below exact max refreshrate as per Blurbusters Low Lag V-sync Guide) and V-sync on, and VRR is just in case of FPS drops, and works great for compensating them. I just finished Quantum Break which is extremely demanding and I was below 60 FPS for majority of time and could play through the entire game comfortably, which wouldn't be possible without VRR.

G-sync behavior also changed a bit with newer drivers, restarting the display doesn't do anything good anymore, actually it breaks G-sync, while previously restarting a display would fix frame skipping. But now all you need is to restart the driver with CRU, no need for restarting the display anymore. And since I am running 60 Hz I don't have any frame skipping so I don't have to do anything really, I am only restarting the driver before starting the game because G-sync is sometimes desynced after waking up the system from hibernation.

So in summary I am running 35-60 range at the exact refresh rate of 60.075 Hz, or 59.949 works as well. Plain 60.000 doesn't want to work for some reason (display goes crazy immediately), and by default there is only 75 Hz option with FreeSync enabled in OSD, so I am editing it in CRU. FPS lock to 60.065 in RTSS, Maximum Pre-rendered Frames set to 1 in NVCP just in case, also V-sync Tear Control set to Adaptive in NV Inspector just in case a game wants to enforce double buffered V-sync that locks to half the framerate if it thinks that you cannot maintain your target framerate, like AC Black Flag or Quantum Break do.

MONITOR LG 38UC99 with Ambibox CPU i7 6900K 4.4 GHz GPU MSI RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X 2100/8000 MOBO Asus X99 Sabertooth RAM Crucial 4x4GB DDR4-3000 SSD1 Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD2 Crucial BX100 250 GB HDDs Seagate Barracuda 1 TB and 500 GB CASE Fractal Design Define R5 CPU COOLER Corsair H115i PSU Seasonic PRIME 1200W Platinum MICE Logitech G602 KEYBOARD SteelSeries M800 SPEAKERS Creative Inspire T6300 SOUND CARD Creative Omni Surround 5.1 CHAIR Unique WAU 2 TV LG OLED 55B7V PHONE LG V30
post #1028 of 1028 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
What do you mean, the monitor is 75Hz?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in