Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming - Page 13 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

post #121 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 04:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
This is literally not what my post asked at all. I just recently upgraded to the newest AMD drivers released today: win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.12.1-dec7 and I just started noticing coronas when I have response time set to on. I guess now it's possibly working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 05:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Notice to Pixio PX277 Users

While on the most recent Firmware update, M270QHD_V08 AMD released new drivers for the RX400 series; win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.12.1-dec7. I began noticing coronas when Response Time was enabled which I don't believe I noticed before, which might indicate that the Response Time feature is now working. Furthermore, after using the CRU workaround (setting v-rate to 55-144) it seems all my "flickering" issues from before are gone now.

Currently however, Bypass doesn't seem to do anything still. Turning it on or off didn't make any difference in my visuals and simply seemed to keep using whatever options I had on (IE. If I had response time on, there would be coronas. If I had response time off, there were no coronas). The coronas are only visible during extremely intense movement... think dropshotting in scope mode as Widowmaker in Overwatch.

I noticed this entirely by accident because I was using a "MouseRate" recorder to look at my polling rate and noticed the numbers flying were visually different than other times I've used the application. Overall, everything seems smoother and more reactive now.
post #123 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 06:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Never mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 03:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball2hi View Post

Notice to Pixio PX277 Users

While on the most recent Firmware update, M270QHD_V08 AMD released new drivers for the RX400 series; win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.12.1-dec7. I began noticing coronas when Response Time was enabled which I don't believe I noticed before, which might indicate that the Response Time feature is now working. Furthermore, after using the CRU workaround (setting v-rate to 55-144) it seems all my "flickering" issues from before are gone now.

Currently however, Bypass doesn't seem to do anything still. Turning it on or off didn't make any difference in my visuals and simply seemed to keep using whatever options I had on (IE. If I had response time on, there would be coronas. If I had response time off, there were no coronas). The coronas are only visible during extremely intense movement... think dropshotting in scope mode as Widowmaker in Overwatch.

I noticed this entirely by accident because I was using a "MouseRate" recorder to look at my polling rate and noticed the numbers flying were visually different than other times I've used the application. Overall, everything seems smoother and more reactive now.

Good to here. The corona are overshoot artifacts from the overdrive setting being to high. Response time is finally working correctly just being way to aggressive.

Without response time

With response time turned on

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #125 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 06:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor View Post

Good to here. The corona are overshoot artifacts from the overdrive setting being to high. Response time is finally working correctly just being way to aggressive.

Without response time

With response time turned on
I rather it be working and being over aggressive and not being aggressive at all tongue.gif It feels much better to aim on this monitor now.
post #126 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)
For an casemod/scratch build idea I'm having I asked Pixio about the location of VESA mount and dimensions of the panel without the stand attached.

The size of the panel without the stand is 25.375'' (width) x 15.75'' (height) x 2'' (thickness). The bottom bolt holes of the vesa mount are 4.5'' from the bottom of the panel and are located in the middle horizontally. M4 bolts, max 6mm in length.

In mm this is 645 x 400 x 51 mm and VESA bottom bolt holes 115 mm from the bottom of the panel.
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Pixio.

The dimension of the monitor is 25.375 (width) x 15.75 (height) x 2 (thick) in inches.
Vesa mount is located with the bottom screw holes at approximately 4.5 inch above from the bottom, the center of the vesa mount is exactly in the middle horizontally.
Supported screws are 4mm in diameter and 6mm in length.
post #127 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)

A draft of PX277 dimensions (in mm) without the stand.
post #128 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

This is reviews sums up the exact problems I have with this monitor I hope the second monitor they send me does not do the same damn thing.

Cons:

- FreeSync does not work as advertised. (See below)
- Stand is terrible. You will have to use an aftermarket stand, factor this into the price.
- Dead Pixel, some stuck pixels.
- Speakers are pretty bad, but functional.
Other Thoughts:

To start off with, this monitor was a phenomenal deal. I picked it up due to positive reviews here and elsewhere, despite my unfamiliarity with the brand. After unboxing it and attaching it to the incredibly flimsy stand, I booted it up and everything seemed relatively fine. There is one dead pixel on the left side of the monitor, but that's not really a huge deal. On further inspection, the whole display is not level. The stand fails to keep the monitor level, also it wobbles from very slight motion. Again, not a huge deal to me.

The main problem arose trying to actually set up the FreeSync function. The manual is basically worthless and essentially repeats what you can read on the on-screen menu. Long story short, after setting the display to 144hz and turning on FreeSync in the monitor menu and Radeon settings, it should work. Unfortunately, it does not, and the more I've tried to fix the issue the stranger the monitor behavior has become.

After setting FreeSync up and confirming it worked in the monitor menu, I got massive tearing in games and artifacts like vertical lines. Vsync on/off doesn't help. Issue occurs at FPS below 60 and every time the fps hits 63 exactly. Also occurs in many games when opening in-game menus. (GTA V, Civ 6, LoL, etc). Tried CRU to tweak refresh rate range and was able to get FreeSync working perfectly! Finally!

But only at ranges from 55-120hz.

Using CRU to "fix" the FreeSync (by setting refresh rate 55hz to 144hz) issue causes Windows to recognize it as 120hz monitor. Monitor menu confirms that refresh rate doesn't exceed 120. Strange. Software issue?

I checked and updated graphics drivers and monitor firmware. Rinsed and repeated the whole process, same results.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with AMD drivers or the monitor at this point, but right now it looks like you have to choose between having 144hz or having FreeSync. For me, this is a product not working as intended, but many people may not notice or care.

RX 480
Monitor Firmware: M270QHD V07
Production date 08.16

tl;dr: It's a great display that as of now doesn't have the feature set that was promised.
post #129 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyplz View Post

This is reviews sums up the exact problems I have with this monitor I hope the second monitor they send me does not do the same damn thing.

Cons:

- Stand is terrible. You will have to use an aftermarket stand, factor this into the price.
Other Thoughts:

To start off with, this monitor was a phenomenal deal. I picked it up due to positive reviews here and elsewhere, despite my unfamiliarity with the brand. After unboxing it and attaching it to the incredibly flimsy stand, I booted it up and everything seemed relatively fine. There is one dead pixel on the left side of the monitor, but that's not really a huge deal. On further inspection, the whole display is not level. The stand fails to keep the monitor level, also it wobbles from very slight motion. Again, not a huge deal to me.

The main problem arose trying to actually set up the FreeSync function. The manual is basically worthless and essentially repeats what you can read on the on-screen menu. Long story short, after setting the display to 144hz and turning on FreeSync in the monitor menu and Radeon settings, it should work. Unfortunately, it does not, and the more I've tried to fix the issue the stranger the monitor behavior has become.

After setting FreeSync up and confirming it worked in the monitor menu, I got massive tearing in games and artifacts like vertical lines. Vsync on/off doesn't help. Issue occurs at FPS below 60 and every time the fps hits 63 exactly. Also occurs in many games when opening in-game menus. (GTA V, Civ 6, LoL, etc). Tried CRU to tweak refresh rate range and was able to get FreeSync working perfectly! Finally!

But only at ranges from 55-120hz.

Using CRU to "fix" the FreeSync (by setting refresh rate 55hz to 144hz) issue causes Windows to recognize it as 120hz monitor. Monitor menu confirms that refresh rate doesn't exceed 120. Strange. Software issue?

I checked and updated graphics drivers and monitor firmware. Rinsed and repeated the whole process, same results.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with AMD drivers or the monitor at this point, but right now it looks like you have to choose between having 144hz or having FreeSync. For me, this is a product not working as intended, but many people may not notice or care.

RX 480
Monitor Firmware: M270QHD V07
Production date 08.16

tl;dr: It's a great display that as of now doesn't have the feature set that was promised.

You might need to create a custom resolution in CRU for 144Hz after you adjust the freesync range I did. I don't have any dead or stuck pixels so I hope your second is also this way. I agree the stand is terrible.

Upgrade to V08 when you get the chance. Not all settings work but it's getting better.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #130 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyplz View Post

Cons:

I had an issue with my stand when I first got it but after a day or two it loosened and I was able to tilt it. Now that it's working I have zero issue... In my case I have the monitor where I want it and I don't ever touch it. It's level and I don't care if it is prone to wobbling as I don't do anything to make it wobble. I actually think it's fairly stable compared to many. I've got a 24" HP in front of me right now here at work and it's got a slight clockwise tilt and a gentle shove makes it wobble back and forth for a few seconds.

I think I got lucky (or maybe they are screening them better?) because I have no dead or stuck pixels. I was pretty worried about that but it's flawless.

If people are using Freesync you may have a valid concern. I'm not using it so I can't address the problems but I can say that setting the refresh rate at 144hz makes gaming amazing on nvidia. For the price I would pick another one up without question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in