Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

post #151 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 03:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)
A silly question - but is the stand the display ships with removable?

I mean when I decide to use the VESA mount instead. The reason why I'm asking is because this review http://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/pixio-px277-review-best-budget-gaming-monitor/ claims its not removable which sounds rather silly. As the "review" seems to be rather casual involving mostly repeating Pixio PR materials I'm just taking a wild guess that the dude writing this up missed something but better to be sure.

If the stand is not removable then that would be kind of dealbreaker for any scenario where one would actually want to make use of the VESA mount.

What I'm intending to do (once I buy the display that is as this one is at the top of my list for a 144 Hz 1440p one atm) is just mounting it to a small mATX case with the VESA mounts for having a nice LAN rig which I can use just as a display with my main rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
@ Carniflex

The stand is removable in a previous youtube video the reviewer said that and you can buy better stand like this one http://a.co/1whYy1U
post #153 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welliam View Post

@ Carniflex

The stand is removable in a previous youtube video the reviewer said that and you can buy better stand like this one http://a.co/1whYy1U

Thanx mate. Good to be sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I ended up sending mine back for refund sadly. It developed a series of vertical scanline like artifacts across the right half of the screen. Pixio customer support was very good though, I'll give them that.

@Carniflex The base is removable but the clear plastic stem that extends from base to monitor is built in for some reason. You have to take off part of the front plastic panel to remove it, or so I am told.
post #155 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hmmm .. that is a problem I'm afraid. They way I intended to use this leaves only 3mm under the panel so that clear stud would very much have to go for that to be possible and I'm not that keen on breaking the warranty on a screen in that price category. I'll have to write to them and ask if I can buy just the panel without that clear stud straight from the factory.
post #156 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniflex View Post

Hmmm .. that is a problem I'm afraid. They way I intended to use this leaves only 3mm under the panel so that clear stud would very much have to go for that to be possible and I'm not that keen on breaking the warranty on a screen in that price category. I'll have to write to them and ask if I can buy just the panel without that clear stud straight from the factory.

You need to take the monitor case apart the stand leg can be unscrewed and removed. The panel must be removed and the metal cover for the logic board removed to get to the stand mounting screws.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #157 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor View Post

You need to take the monitor case apart the stand leg can be unscrewed and removed. The panel must be removed and the metal cover for the logic board removed to get to the stand mounting screws.

Thanx mate. That is a really useful thing to know. How hard you would say is this procedure in your opinion? I mean in regards of potential to mess something up in the process. Is there any vunerable ribbon cables in the way when doing this procedure or little important bits that would cause issues if misaligned?
post #158 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

It seems Pixio has answered my inquiry about possibility of buying the display without the stud.
Quote:
Hello Customer

Yes its possible to get the stub stand removed from the factory before it ships out. So what you have to do is as soon as you order send us an email with your Order ID. In that email it should tell us that you gone ahead and purchased the order and you need the stand removed for mounting.

In a nutshell - it is possible to buy the display as an panel only by just sending Pixio a mail with the order ID after ordering it. An excellent news for me indeed. Now I will just need my next paychek because it has just been an holiday season wink.gif
post #159 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniflex View Post

It seems Pixio has answered my inquiry about possibility of buying the display without the stud.
In a nutshell - it is possible to buy the display as an panel only by just sending Pixio a mail with the order ID after ordering it. An excellent news for me indeed. Now I will just need my next paychek because it has just been an holiday season wink.gif

That makes it super easy!

If you need to do it anyways there are five ribbon cables. Four are to the LCD panel and one small one is to the backlight. Just be careful pulling them out the connector have clips on both sides. I will try and remember to take pictures for future reference when I get a new logic board for my second monitor.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #160 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

While I got the stand issues sorted with Pixio it seems there is another hiccup with my plan with getting that display. As it ships from US there will be import charge applied - meaning it ends up at approx 550 EUR for me with shipping and toll and that is for the baseline model, not the perfect pixel one. At that price point it starts going up against the entry level 144 hz freesync 1440p displays with better stand and significantly longer warranty from Asus and others. When buying locally minimum allowed by law is 2 years warranty for electronic devices. And I will not have to pay for shipping back to its origin if there is an warranty case.

So I'll have to do some research what is available from where and at what price. Hell, I probably would end up at approx the same price if I would buy from UK or German Amazon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in