Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

post #11 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nds39gk View Post

Yeah, but spending the extra 160 on the Acer gives you a 3 year warranty instead of the Pixio's 1 year. Also if you have any problems with the Pixio, you have to pay for shipping to them.

It's a decent value, but that extra 160 gives you a bezel that's way better for multi-monitor setups, better stand, and a significantly better warranty.

you mean the XB270HU ? lowest price I see on Amazon is $655 on official site it is priced $700 !! and I think the one priced at $650 is only one available monitor so you got $300 difference in price

As for warranty I dont think a monitor will go defective after working for a complete year , I mean what are the chances of this ? I am outside US now I just hope to return soon to "hijack" this monitor smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welliam View Post

you mean the XB270HU ? lowest price I see on Amazon is $655 on official site it is priced $700 !! and I think the one priced at $650 is only one available monitor so you got $300 difference in price

As for warranty I dont think a monitor will go defective after working for a complete year , I mean what are the chances of this ? I am outside US now I just hope to return soon to "hijack" this monitor smile.gif

Yeah I'm with you on this one, for $50-$100 more I'd go with the more well known brand but at this price difference it's a steal. Performance over aesthetics any day. And if the stand sucks bad enough I can always upgrade that later on. I have to wait until we get the new office ready (outlets are kind of important) but then I think I'll be pulling the trigger on this one.
post #13 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

@Prozart you play games in the office ? shame on you smile.gif . (just kidding) The flicker free, low blue light make it comfortable and suitable for long day in the office too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

@Prozart you play games in the office ? shame on you smile.gif . (just kidding) The flicker free, low blue light make it comfortable and suitable for long day in the office too.

Haha, no at work I only browse forums. =P I was meaning our office at home. We have an older house and the room we want to use for our office only has one outlet and I'm pretty sure it's not grounded, so we have to take care of that before we move in all the expensive equipment. ^^ As soon as we can get that all taken care of the only thing I'm lacking is a new monitor. I'm coming from a 40" 4k with terrible input lag so this will be a nice upgrade I think for games. I'm also probably going to get another little monitor, maybe 24" 1080p, just something to have on the side for productivity.
post #15 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozart View Post

Haha, no at work I only browse forums. =P I was meaning our office at home. We have an older house and the room we want to use for our office only has one outlet and I'm pretty sure it's not grounded, so we have to take care of that before we move in all the expensive equipment. ^^ As soon as we can get that all taken care of the only thing I'm lacking is a new monitor. I'm coming from a 40" 4k with terrible input lag so this will be a nice upgrade I think for games. I'm also probably going to get another little monitor, maybe 24" 1080p, just something to have on the side for productivity.

This monitor also support many ports according to their site: x2 HDMI 1.4, x1 mini display port, x1 display port and x1 Dual Link DVI as for productivity I think you can find a flicker free monitor with IPS panel and 60Hz at just $250
post #16 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

This monitor also support many ports according to their site: x2 HDMI 1.4, x1 mini display port, x1 display port and x1 Dual Link DVI as for productivity I think you can find a flicker free monitor with IPS panel and 60Hz at just $250

I'm looking more in the ~$100 range for my secondary monitor, lol. Something like the Acer R240HY which is $130 on Amazon. Then maybe get a dual arm VESA mount since the one on the Pixio sucks so bad apparently, lol.

Edit: What I'm currently looking at includes the Pixio as well as a 21.5" Acer monitor and a dual monitor monitor stand and comes out to about $540 on Amazon, still about $100 cheaper than the XB270HU which I was looking at getting before finding out about the Pixio.
post #17 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yes pixio is the ugly black duck but I like it alot lol. The one I saw it earlier was 25" WQHD from Asus
post #18 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

XF270HU, $550
post #19 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nds39gk View Post

XF270HU, $550

yes did not notice this model, it is good alternative of course.
post #20 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Does any one know the game name in the video I posted above ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in