Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming - Page 21 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

post #201 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 11:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 57)
I recently purchased this monitor to give freesync a try and I have several issues that I need help with. biggrin.gif

First, it seems that response time (overdrive) is disabled when using freesync on version v11. Is that the same for everyone else?

Second is that I have gotten several times an error saying there is a," Display link failure your display might not support the requested resolution." Is this a firmware problem or a cable problem? When this happens the monitor drops down to 60hz. I have to turn it off and on for it to go back to normal.

Another issue is that with freesync on the monitor's max refresh rate is 134hz. It's a little annoying since I wasn't expecting this.

Does anyone have previous firmware versions that might fix these issues?

Does anyone have the AMD windmill demo for feesync tests?
smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 06:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

First, it seems that response time (overdrive) is disabled when using freesync on version v11. Is that the same for everyone else?
It's suppose to be disabled, period. Pixio is convinced that the response time feature does nothing and is, thus, useless so they are trying to remove it completely. I am using V08, which doesn't have any of advertised features disabled.
Quote:

Second is that I have gotten several times an error saying there is a," Display link failure your display might not support the requested resolution." Is this a firmware problem or a cable problem? When this happens the monitor drops down to 60hz. I have to turn it off and on for it to go back to normal.
This could be a software problem (IE. Operating System or your drivers) but I remember early on in this thread someone was talking about how they fixed a lot of their issues by buying a certified 1.2(?) displayport from Amazon. I would not be surprised if the display port given by Pxio is faulty because they are pretty dodgy so far from my experience.
Quote:

Another issue is that with freesync on the monitor's max refresh rate is 134hz. It's a little annoying since I wasn't expecting this.
Again another problem from BuyPixio. They will recommend you send the monitor in to be "fixed". It might come back to you fixed, might not. You can take this into your own hands by using CRU on your monitor and editing the v-rate to 55-144. Some people report they have to use 55-143, it will take you some testing.

I highly suggest you send the monitor back and just try a Nixeus monitor. They recently(?) released a 1440p freesync monitor I think, and I trust Nixeus far more than the current BuyPixio company I have been dealing with.
post #203 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball2hi View Post

It's suppose to be disabled, period. Pixio is convinced that the response time feature does nothing and is, thus, useless so they are trying to remove it completely. I am using V08, which doesn't have any of advertised features disabled.
This could be a software problem (IE. Operating System or your drivers) but I remember early on in this thread someone was talking about how they fixed a lot of their issues by buying a certified 1.2(?) displayport from Amazon. I would not be surprised if the display port given by Pxio is faulty because they are pretty dodgy so far from my experience.
Again another problem from BuyPixio. They will recommend you send the monitor in to be "fixed". It might come back to you fixed, might not. You can take this into your own hands by using CRU on your monitor and editing the v-rate to 55-144. Some people report they have to use 55-143, it will take you some testing.

I highly suggest you send the monitor back and just try a Nixeus monitor. They recently(?) released a 1440p freesync monitor I think, and I trust Nixeus far more than the current BuyPixio company I have been dealing with.

The overdrive works if you can enable it but it's just overdone and causing overdrive artifacts on light backgrounds. Apparently they don't have the skill to make it somewhere in the middle like most of the other manufacturers.

I was the one that needed a different cable. It fixed my problems and it might fix that one. @sinnedone I think this was the one.

Although the Nixeus is not released yet it is probably the best alternitive. The other choice would be the Asus MG279Q but they require modifying the freesync range in CRU to 144-54Hz.

LAST DAY( 7 hours) FOR THE MASSDROP GROUP BUY! Otherwise the Nixeus will probably be on sale early June.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you both for your responses.

I will try another cable and possibly downgrade firmware to see what happens.

I do agree that overdrive is too aggressive, but unlike what pixio said it is not useless. The way it is right now is just way too aggressive and causes halos. If they would dial it back then possibly it would work perfect and do what it's supposed to do.

I missed that massdrop, but I will definitely take a look at it. biggrin.gif

post #205 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Update to my situation with this monitor.

First thing I did was downgrade to firmware V08. That fixed 2 issues I was having which were:

1. Vertical line that repeated down the center of the screen.

2. I have yet to receive the,"Display link failure your display might not support the requested resolution." (I did NOT change the cable)

With freesync enabled I had strange flickering. I had to edit the vsync range to 55-144 and set refresh rate to 144hz using a duplicate profile with the changed settings in CRU.

It's looking more and more like the problems with this monitor are more firmware related than physical problems with the screen itself. That's why things like overdrive don't seem to work.(even though I got it to work once on V11 firmware, it just had serious ghosting from being way to aggressive)

Going to be testing freesync on vs off to see if it's having issues as well on V08 firmware that I am running now.

post #206 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:

Update to my situation with this monitor.

First thing I did was downgrade to firmware V08. That fixed 2 issues I was having which were:

1. Vertical line that repeated down the center of the screen.

2. I have yet to receive the,"Display link failure your display might not support the requested resolution." (I did NOT change the cable)

With freesync enabled I had strange flickering. I had to edit the vsync range to 55-144 and set refresh rate to 144hz using a duplicate profile with the changed settings in CRU.

It's looking more and more like the problems with this monitor are more firmware related than physical problems with the screen itself. That's why things like overdrive don't seem to work.(even though I got it to work once on V11 firmware, it just had serious ghosting from being way to aggressive)

Going to be testing freesync on vs off to see if it's having issues as well on V08 firmware that I am running now.

You will get the same ghosting on light backgrounds on V8 they haven't changed the overdrive since then. V6 overdrive had the best balance but introduced random artifacts on static screens. Unfortunately there fix for the V6 overdrive was to go to the V8 version and they haven't tried to go back.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

post #207 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

So not only is the overdrive feature removed in newer firmware versions, a feature advertised on the monitor. Alongside its really bad pixel response time, it is not even AMD FreeSync certified.

https://twitter.com/Thracks/status/767103971668271106

They are illegally(?) using the AMD and FreeSync brand on their monitor that has never been sent to AMD for testing and certification. It is actually DP Adaptive Sync.
post #208 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello. I just got this monitor and am having the 134hz max refresh with freesync issue. I have tried using CRU, but if I just adjust the freesync range the top selectable refresh rate becomes 120, and if I try to add a 144hz entry in CRU, I get a black screen after restarting the video drivers. I am on V11, do I need to downgrade, or is there something else I should be doing?
post #209 of 216 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenantactual View Post

Hello. I just got this monitor and am having the 134hz max refresh with freesync issue. I have tried using CRU, but if I just adjust the freesync range the top selectable refresh rate becomes 120, and if I try to add a 144hz entry in CRU, I get a black screen after restarting the video drivers. I am on V11, do I need to downgrade, or is there something else I should be doing?
Set the v-rate from 55-144 (or 55-143, might differ for you).

Add a 2560x1440 144hz resolution, using the following timings:

That's the best I got. I highly suggest you send the monitor back and wait for Nixeus' 1440p 144hz IPS panel. It will have a CERTIFIED freesync range of 30-144 I believe. Pixio's FreeSync is not certified and they are using the AMD and FreeSync brand logos without permission as they don't represent AMD's FreeSync.
post #210 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 04:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyplz View Post

There is none.. apparently the ASUS IPS panel has the same problem

You find a solution for this my man? I'm still struggling with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in