Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

post #21 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 05:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nds39gk View Post

XF270HU, $550
Overwatch, good game. [=

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozart View Post

Overwatch, good game. [=

Thanks man
post #23 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 07:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Well I decided to get it. I post some pictures and impressions once I receive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welliam View Post

yes did not notice this model, it is good alternative of course.

The XF270HU has its problems. The overdrive doesn't work while freesync is on and the huge Freesync range doesn't work correctly. That should be able to be corrected though just like the MG279Q can be modded to 55-144Hz. The backlight bleed of the XF270HU is also bad.

The PX277 could also have these same problems.

From amazon questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixio View Post

Does the Overdrive Response time function work with Freesync at the same time?
Answer: Yes, the response time overdrive (Response Time On/Off on OSD Menu) can be run together simultaneously with FreeSync on PX277.
By Pixio on August 3, 2016

Does overdrive function at full capacity when freesync is not enabled?what frequency does the pwm operate at?
Answer: Overdrive function does not interfere with FreeSync features at all whether or not FreeSyn is enabled or not. PWM operates on 240Hz frequency.
By Pixio on August 3, 2016

It still isn't clear from the amazon questions if the overdrive functions while freesync is on but at least we know the OSD will let you turn it on. They way they are avoiding the question make me think overdrive does not function while freesync is enabled.

One member @Malinkadink already owns the PX277 Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Finally got it, basically the same thing as an XB270HU or an MG279Q, i mean the panel is the same so you can expect it to be the same exact quality there. Mine doesnt have any dead pixels from what i saw, but i did notice a weird little vertical line in the bottom right corner about 2mm long. It has rainbow looking colors depending on what angle you're looking at it from. It wont ever be noticeable or seen in normal usage so its mostly a non issue.

I have yet to calibrate it, but out of the box it looks fairly good already. The stand is of course absolute garbage, and the large bezels are offputting, but what matters is the display itself and its great in that regard. There is some glow as expected, and i do have a bit of bleed in the bottom right, but i'll take care of that when i open her up. I plan to plastidip the bezels matte black so to get rid of the glossy finish, and will most definitely be getting a vesa mount.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor View Post

Well I decided to get it. I post some pictures and impressions once I receive it.

this is great post a link here to your topic when you get it thumb.gif
post #25 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

I picked one of these up last week. I'd say any input lag is 100‰ unnoticeable. Backlight bleed on mine was middling low, I'd say. Present on a blacked out screen, but I haven't noticed it at all gaming. No dead pixels. I have yet to explore most of the monitor features/ config options beyond Freesync.
post #26 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLickStuff View Post

I picked one of these up last week. I'd say any input lag is 100‰ unnoticeable. Backlight bleed on mine was middling low, I'd say. Present on a blacked out screen, but I haven't noticed it at all gaming. No dead pixels. I have yet to explore most of the monitor features/ config options beyond Freesync.

congrats !!, check the pip I think you will like it also how about eye comfort for long play ?
post #27 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'm not a great judge of eye comfort thanks to an eye condition, but this Pixio does not cause me any undue discomfort. I also use f.lux when not gaming, which seems to work well.
post #28 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Can you notice any flickering? Have you gotten a headache while using it? It uses PWM and I'm wondering how bad that really is. It is the final thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this monitor. What is your brightness on the monitor set at?
post #29 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

No flickering or headaches. Brightness is at the default setting right now, I haven't changed any of the config options except to turn Freesync on.
post #30 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

No flickering or headaches. Brightness is at the default setting right now, I haven't changed any of the config options except to turn Freesync on.

Yeah that's what I figured. Yesterday was the first time I've even heard of PWM and when doing research I visited a lot of anti-PWM pages trying to sell me a non-PWM monitor. The monitor I'm using now probably uses PWM but I haven't been able to confirm that and I haven't tested it myself (Monoprice 27" IPS Zero-G). From what I understand, PWM is in most monitors and is nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in