[VC] ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor - Page 301 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[VC] ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor

post #3001 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Ah I see. I don't watch any shows on my monitor so I guess my use case scenario is different as it's limited to gaming only while my B7 OLED handles TV/Movies.

Z370
(16 items)
X99
(14 items)
CPU
i7 8700k
Motherboard
Msi Z370-A Pro
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V750
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Cooler Master H500P
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus XG248Q
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Logitech G402
Audio
AKG K7XX
Other
SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo
CPU
I7 5820k
Motherboard
Msi X99S SLI Plus
GPU
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Corsair 750D
Monitor
Acer X27
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm
Other
Objective ODAC+O2 Amp
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 113 (Unique: 78)
Quote: Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post
If you're going to do test patterns like that then of course you will see blooming, and we can go cherry pick a whole bunch of HDR videos that will show obvious blooming too. But as someone who has used this monitor to do gaming on for almost a year now, the blooming has for the most part, been a non issue for me. It's barely noticeable in SDR mode where my peak white is only 120 nits so I'm not blasting 1000 nits against black, and in HDR games it has only been a problem in super dark games like Resident Evil 7 and 2 Remake so I resort to my B7 OLED for those games as they are slower anyways so the 60Hz is perfectly fine for it. I just started Far Cry New Dawn and just like Far Cry 5 and AC:O I have not had any problems with crazy blooming. Instead of going around and doing test patterns to expose the monitor's weak point, just try actually using it for a bit and see if the blooming is a real problem for you on actual use case scenarios.
I notice blooming in real contents quite often, that’s why I post about it. Yes only in dark scenes, but it bothers me enough that makes me wonder whether a VA panel with 5x contrast ratio, less zones but 1/3 of the price is better. Attached are 2 pictures of Daredevil S02 to demonstrate. I also play Horizon Zero Dawn. The bright scenes are amazing, far brighter and vibrant than my oled. But when night comes, one you hit the machine, the sparks that come out of it light up the whole screen due to blooming and it looks horrible. Also, any hud near the corners of the screen invite ips glow/blb and all the details there are lost. Pretty annoying.
So I don't know what the second pic is, but the first one, the lamp blooming, but it would do that in real life, there would be light around it.

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
post #3003 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Has anyone spotted scan lines on these? Friend I sold my monitor to had me come over and sure enough there is faint whitish cross hatching that isn't uniform across the screen visible in Sekiro. It will appear 3-4 inch sections of the screen.

It comes and goes depending on the scene but it's only really visible when panning the camera against the sky *sometimes*

FYI this is @ 120hz/HDR.

Is what I'm describing the Gsync scanlines people always complain about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3004 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by ggp759 View Post
I had the Acer X27 and had to send it back due to excessive blooming in HDR. Can any of the owners please play on their monitor this clip

in HDR of course and post some pics if its not too much trouble. I want to try the Asus one after the Acer I dont know if its any different.

I played the above video on my Acer with 80nits peak white, fald on and fald response to gaming ( i think on the Asus is fast).

For reference here are the pics of the Acer with that clip. And yes i know i adjusted the exposure of the camera to reflect what i actually see. There's no camera exaggeration. Thanks a lot guys. (Its around the 0:36 mark for the video)

wow that looks horrible. I don't have that issue on my pg27uq
post #3005 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
wow that looks horrible. I don't have that issue on my pg27uq
Can you post pictures from that video? I posted the link a few posts back.

post #3006 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

There are 310 about 1 inch squares in a 27 inch monitor, a 65inch TV has 1808, which means a 65 inch TV would need 2260 LEDs to even match the monitor on a blooming radius standpoint, assuming both were IPS. You need to realize that just like with Pixels, the Amount of Pixels you have is irrelevant, its how many Pixels per Inch, that matters. Same here, how many LEDs the screen has is irrelevant, how many LEDs does it have per Inch.
According to you a 1inch monitor with a two-zone backlighting is better than a 65inch tv with more zones as the 1inch tv has smaller zones. That's not how it works.
post #3007 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by ggp759 View Post
Can you post pictures from that video? I posted the link a few posts back.
Update I sold my pg27uq while it has nice picture quality and all oled has spoiled me and going from a 55 inch to a 27 is a hard pill to swallow 27 is too small for 4k I hate where I have to use scaling in windows just to read text I'll wait on best buy to get the LG C9 series in they have a warranty that covers burn in so I will buy my tv from them
post #3008 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 PM
High Clocker

Rep: 188 (Unique: 162)
Quote: Originally Posted by AngryLobster View Post
Has anyone spotted scan lines on these? Friend I sold my monitor to had me come over and sure enough there is faint whitish cross hatching that isn't uniform across the screen visible in Sekiro. It will appear 3-4 inch sections of the screen.

It comes and goes depending on the scene but it's only really visible when panning the camera against the sky *sometimes*

FYI this is @ 120hz/HDR.

Is what I'm describing the Gsync scanlines people always complain about?
HDR maxes out the DP connector at 98hz so from there on is considered a overclock for the cord and connectors.

SLI Voodoo 2 - > GeForce4 MX 420 -> GF 6600GT -> GF 6800GT -> GF 8800Ultra -> AMD 4870 -> AMD 4890 -> CF AMD 5820 -> CF AMD 6850 -> CF AMD 7970 -> SLI GF 680 -> SLI GF 780 -> CF AMD 290X -> GF 980ti -> SLI GF 980ti -> GF 1080ti -> SLI GF 1080ti -> <- RTX 2080ti (DOA/Refunded)
CPU
AMD 8120
CPU
FX 8350
GPU
7970 CFX
GPU
680 SLI
▲ hide details ▲

post #3009 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i'm in! tomorrow i'll have hands on mine
post #3010 of 3120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 520 (Unique: 359)
Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
Update I sold my pg27uq while it has nice picture quality and all oled has spoiled me and going from a 55 inch to a 27 is a hard pill to swallow 27 is too small for 4k I hate where I have to use scaling in windows just to read text I'll wait on best buy to get the LG C9 series in they have a warranty that covers burn in so I will buy my tv from them
Yup, how many more years do we have to wait for a 32" high refresh 4K display...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in