[VC] ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor - Page 304 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[VC] ASUS announces Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR monitor

post #3031 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post
I went and re tested on the X27 but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.
Is it night time? This sparkle issue only appears when it’s night: https://i.imgur.com/1u4e5Tn.mp4

Last edited by deadchip12; 04-14-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Most games I've play in HDR seem to artistically choose grey blacks. It's not a display thing because it's visible even on OLED.

DMC5, RE2 Remake, Sekiro, etc. All these games produce greyish blacks.

The only game that got decently dark was Farcry 5.
post #3033 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote: Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
Is it night time? This sparkle issue only appears when it’s night: https://i.imgur.com/1u4e5Tn.mp4
It's night time. Camera is just making it appear much brighter.

Z370
(16 items)
X99
(14 items)
CPU
i7 8700k
Motherboard
Msi Z370-A Pro
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V750
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Cooler Master H500P
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus XG248Q
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Logitech G402
Audio
AKG K7XX
Other
SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo
CPU
I7 5820k
Motherboard
Msi X99S SLI Plus
GPU
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Corsair 750D
Monitor
Acer X27
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm
Other
Objective ODAC+O2 Amp
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3034 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

this weekend i took some time to test mine, bleed quite inexistent, no dead pixels, i am very satisfied with it. I come from a 1440p VA panel (lg 32GK850G) and differences (in better) are evident
HDR both on games and videos is awesome as well as the res increase (from 1440p)
i also found the default calibratin fine, i tried tftcentral settings but i see the panel too dark

also in hdr with luminance setteted at 80 i found it too bright, and setted to 40, sweet spot for me

i keep hdr off from windows (it auto turns on when launching an supported game) and brought the slider up to 70 when on

last thing, i cannot get FF XV working with HDR but now i see it requires hdr ON from windows before starting the game

the division 2, Anthem and BF5 looks awesome with HDR, i'm finally in love with it
post #3035 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

I received this email today, figured I'd post this if anyone still cares. I doubt anything is happening in the end but it is what it is for now.

Quote:
Dear ASUS Customer,

There should be an update in the next trhee to four weeks regarding the update Tool.
Kind regards,
Piet Gloede
Asus Customer Service
Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com
post #3036 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

It's night time. Camera is just making it appear much brighter.
Can confirm black is grey in Origins. Saw it on my oled as well. This happens in hdr mode only. Brightness is at default 50%; if I lower this then black becomes darker but the whole picture is dim overall and hdr picture is messed up. The fact that this game still has brightness slider in hdr mode signals sth wrong already. Not sure about Odyssey.

Last edited by deadchip12; 04-15-2019 at 07:59 AM.
post #3037 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mattxx88 View Post
this weekend i took some time to test mine, bleed quite inexistent, no dead pixels, i am very satisfied with it. I come from a 1440p VA panel (lg 32GK850G) and differences (in better) are evident
HDR both on games and videos is awesome as well as the res increase (from 1440p)
i also found the default calibratin fine, i tried tftcentral settings but i see the panel too dark

also in hdr with luminance setteted at 80 i found it too bright, and setted to 40, sweet spot for me

i keep hdr off from windows (it auto turns on when launching an supported game) and brought the slider up to 70 when on

last thing, i cannot get FF XV working with HDR but now i see it requires hdr ON from windows before starting the game

the division 2, Anthem and BF5 looks awesome with HDR, i'm finally in love with it [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
How was your VA panel? Is the black much better than this IPS one? I kinda regret purchasing this monitor for such high price instead of a VA tv because the blooming on ips is too much.

I’m surprised you set reference white to 40. On my monitor, reference white at 90 gives the highest max luminance (~1200 nits). Lowering it and the monitor will not reach its full hdr punchiness potential. This monitor really shines in bright scenes. It beats the oled with ease. But in dark scenes with tiny highlights it looks like ass due to blooming.
post #3038 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

How was your VA panel? Is the black much better than this IPS one? I kinda regret purchasing this monitor for such high price instead of a VA tv because the blooming on ips is too much.

I’m surprised you set reference white to 40. On my monitor, reference white at 90 gives the highest max luminance (~1200 nits). Lowering it and the monitor will not reach its full hdr punchiness potential. This monitor really shines in bright scenes. It beats the oled with ease. But in dark scenes with tiny highlights it looks like ass due to blooming.
That LG was awesome (till i tired this asus anyway) the black is fine on VA but not MUCH better than this Asus
you have not to regret your purchase, trust me. the only (light) blooming i have is watching videos, ingame i don't notice issues

i setted it to 40 cause i noticed watching videos on youtube try this one for eg:
at 0:46 with hig luminance above 40/50 you cannot distinguish the white panles of the dj's console
there's other videos to make compares, i remember there waere a snake on a video and with high luminance you cannot see the scales of the skin, lowering it they came visible

i'm using it @92hz 4:4:4 10bit, tonight maybe i'll try if there's any difference with srgb
post #3039 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)
I think my fan is busted, It sounds like a tractor lol. Even when Idle its literally annoying now. I have been playing a lot of division 2 in HDR..may be it killed it.

I dont even know why its spinning like that, the monitor is really cool to touch and its winter here.
post #3040 of 3125 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mattxx88 View Post

That LG was awesome (till i tired this asus anyway) the black is fine on VA but not MUCH better than this Asus
you have not to regret your purchase, trust me. the only (light) blooming i have is watching videos, ingame i don't notice issues

i setted it to 40 cause i noticed watching videos on youtube try this one for eg:
at 0:46 with hig luminance above 40/50 you cannot distinguish the white panles of the dj's console
there's other videos to make compares, i remember there waere a snake on a video and with high luminance you cannot see the scales of the skin, lowering it they came visible

i'm using it @92hz 4:4:4 10bit, tonight maybe i'll try if there's any difference with srgb
Make sure you watch that youtube video on microsoft edge instead of chrome. Chrome will make hdr highlights blown out. At least that’s the case for me. I used Chrome to fine tune reference white and I also end up with 40-50, but if I use Edge it needs to be at 80-90.

As for the blooming, I notice it everwhere whenever a tiny bright spots on a black background. Maybe because your reference white is lower so hdr contents are dimmer so blooming is less severe

Last edited by deadchip12; 04-15-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in