samsung cf791 ultrawide monitor - text is blurry compared to native mac screen... is this normal or take it back? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

samsung cf791 ultrawide monitor - text is blurry compared to native mac screen... is this normal or take it back?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 06:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
is that with 10.13.2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yes, that is on 10.13.2 on a MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015 model. The other MacBook we use does not have an HDMI port, so I can't try it on there.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
I'm having the exact same problem since updating to 10.13.2.

I've also been using the exact same temporary fix as you and let me tell you, it's not a good fix. I have dual monitors and even having it on generic mode and playing with the color temperature slider to get it to reset the color, the color is still off. It's over saturated. From what i've read so far, it might be our monitor and video card combination. I haven't found a fix for it yet, if you do, please come back here and report your fix. It's very frustrating especially how expensive this monitor is.
Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm using this monitor now on my older Macbook, which doesn't have an HDMI port. So I have to toggle the night shift every time the monitor wakes up. It is driving me nuts!

And did you have this monitor running on 10.13.1 without this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

for me, using a HDMI 1.4a cable worked with my 2015 macbook pro. 4k with 50hz. with Freesync off. even hdmi 2.0 worked for me, but 1.4 was a tad smoother on my eyes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in