iiyama XUB2792QSU-B1 - affordable 1440p 75hz Freesync IPS - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

iiyama XUB2792QSU-B1 - affordable 1440p 75hz Freesync IPS

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
It's a fairly new monitor, but it does get great reviews. Not much info about it overall. I just ordered it, should arrive tomorrow.

From what I gathered:

1. it's a class 1 panel - Iiyama will replace it even if there's one dead subpixel. I hope mine's perfect right away, I've been waiting long for this.
2. 27 inch, 1440p, native 75hz display that supports AMD Freesync.
3. The response times seem very good and it makes a great gaming screen for people who don't need 144 hz screens, but wish to step up from 60 hz.
4. http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15027-best-27-2560x1440p-monitors-ahva-ips-pls.html rates it as #3 for gaming and #1 for image quality, with a following summary: "The iiyama has excellent color preset accuracy unlike its direct competitor in a different case, the Acer BE270UA, as well as offers fast pixel response times with minimal overshoot ghosting (plus lots of overdrive settings), negligible input lag, AMD Free-Sync and a 75hz refresh rate."
5. It's cheap! I only paid 400$ (1700PLN), tax included. That's 600 PLN less than it's direct competitor, the BE270UA, which isn't a class 1 panel and has worse reviews, and around the price of, say, Dell u2515h, which is smaller, lacks freesync and is a 60hz native display.
6. Pretty nice contrast ratio for IPS (almost 1300:1 measured).
7. be.hardware.info has a following (google translated) summary:
Quote:
All in all, we can only draw one conclusion, the Iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1 is simply a must for its price. Imaging is your primary goal, then you're better off with the AOC, you find that less importance but would like to once again play a game, then the ProLite XUB2792QSU is the right choice. Business users and buyers will significantly lower energy consumption appreciate, because the matter at maximum brightness to about 9 watts in favor of Iiyama. When using screens in large quantities, can go tap. An Excellent Choice award is well deserved, and we also reach out to this.

I hope it's the right choice for me after the AG352UCG flop. And kudos for their pixel policy, if it's true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Nobody's interested? oh well.

Got mine and... it feels like XB271HU's cheaper brother. Unfortunately, the monitor does only 70 hz, and I couldn't get it higher than 72 hz before it would go out of range. 70-72 hz, while better than 60 hz, isn't all that amazing, obviously and can't be considered big difference.

The monitor has a sleek, attractive design - it's very pretty.

The backlight bleed is awful. here's a quick pic:

The photo is NOT overexposed, I used manual. This is more or less how it looks IRL.

The black levels are also crap and I don't know why. My dell u2412m does it way better, the ALLBLACK looks just right.

Colors look fantastic and the basic color presets are really good.

The menu is nice and intuitive.

There are no dead pixels, but of course (^_^) there's a dust speck, fainly visible but it's definitively there. I can't show it on the photo, it's not visible enough on my smartphone's camera.

There's also some horizontal flicker (lines) when scrolling. Never seen that before. I've tried catching this on camera, but it's too subtle. My dell definitively doesn't do it, though. Fast scrolling through text makes it most obvious.

Conclusion: oh well, high hopes usually end this way. The monitor is going back and I don't think I'm trying my luck with another one. The backlight bleed is awful, the black color cannot be reproduced, and there's this weird flickering I've never seen before.

Buying a monitor in modern times is for the patient. Very. Patient.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi there and I know that this is kind of an old thread.

Though this monitor caught my eye and I would be interested to share some opinions.
Astreon do you still have the panel? How was your experience with it?

I currently have a 8 years old Hd monitor from asus with terrible viewing angles (TN). I'm aware about the IPS bleeding issues
and to be honest I'm not looking for the absolute perfect monitor. I want a good experience with minimal input lag because i play
some games.

So, any opinions ?thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

nah, returned it. It sucked, sadly. The black level was horrible because the display is EXTREMELY bright even at 0% brightness, and there was a big light leakage in the lower right corner. The photo does not really show it properly, it was the kind of BLB you could actually see in DAYLIGHT. Plus a dust speck. Ofc.

The BLB was a poor piece, but the overdone brightness wasn't. I wouldn't recommend this monitor, honestly.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 09:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

And what did you take instead? There is nothing at this price range (asus PB278QR) is a tad more expensive, but quite older as a model.

On the other hand you see that even more expensive monitors like double/triple the price still have those issues. It's an IPS thing... I have a friend that already returned twice his PG279Q, so realistically there is no
perfect solution when it comes to IPS?

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

There is no escape from panel lottery, I'm afraid. I've returned seven 144hz 1440p IPS screens due to various defects. I'm not picky, actually. I can accept minor flaws but they were junk.

But, if you're up for some lottery, the Acer XF270HUA costs 30% more than the iiyama xub2792qsu-b1 and is a 1440p 144hz display. Currently (price wise) it's the best gaming monitor on the market IMHO, but getting an acceptable piece is ridiculously hard.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 07:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
About what 1 pixes do you say? smile.gif
Area of magenta pixels from the top of screen (I'm looking at 90 degrees, not from a side), waiting for replacement, and for testing of next unit by the shop, before sending it to me.
Background light from both sides is really bad, looks like a little dark strips. (similar to CRT-effect)
Black color is not really black one, it is a dirty-gray.
From all the defects apart from magenta area on the dark backgrounds I could suffer, they are not so critical.

But apart from these defects monitor is simply super.
FreeSync works fine, adds extra ~10 fps, stable 2k 70 fps in the games with RX480 nitro+ 8gb, really, no glow effect, no input lag, I kill more enemies now with this screen, and picture looks fantastic.
Colors are fantastic, has good predefined profiles.
I bought it for both: gaming and development, for both purposes it is fine, but good unit is needed.

In the case of second bad unit I'm going to take Asus mg279Q. I do not need it's 90\144 Hz, and it is from 2015, but there is no choice from this kind of monitors in our stores.mad.gif Who had mg279Q - please let me know...
I simply cannot believe now that supplier can provide a good unit of this monitor, will let you know if yes.

Verdict: If you have any Freesync RX4..\5... card - this monitor is for you, but check it good in the shop and don't buy it from the Internet !!!

And I agree with other guys from this forum, overall quality of big IPS screens is awful, not enough competition, Chinese brands, where you are?

Today got replacement, 1 dead black pixel, but with this I can live. mad.gif
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 05:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

I just received mine today. I must say I'm really impressed with the image quality and in general with the looks of the screen.
I already checked for dead/stuck pixels and i haven't seen any. That resolution though seems to pushing my poor 380x to the limit!

I guess that will be a good excuse to pull the trigger for a new graphics card too!biggrin.gif

I'll post some more comments latter when I'll do my test with Freesync, playing some games @1080p also to test the interpolation and setting the colour profiles and drivers to the monitor.

thumb.gif

UPDATE
So after a couple of hours playing with my new screens my initial impressions are still on!
The games look fantastic on an IPS screen and I see things the previously didn't notice. The size of course contributes to that.

I played also Battlefield 1 and Flatout 4 to check the Freesync and I must say I'm impressed. Even at lower frame rates around 40 you don't really notice that you drop that low because the gameplay is always smooth and without dropped frames. Didn't notice any lag too.It feels exactly as my 1ms TN screen.

Out of the box strangely the screen has the Freesync range to high (48-70) but with CRU tool I change it to 30-74 without any problem.
I set also the new higher refresh rate to windows desktop which previously didn't appear.

There is no obvious bleeding in the screen only some slight fogging in the left upper corner, but let's just be realistic. IPS screens have this kind of issues and is barely visible.

Overall 100% satisfied with my purchase.thumb.gif

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by val_andrio View Post

I just received mine today. I must say I'm really impressed with the image quality and in general with the looks of the screen.
I already checked for dead/stuck pixels and i haven't seen any. That resolution though seems to pushing my poor 380x to the limit!

I guess that will be a good excuse to pull the trigger for a new graphics card too!biggrin.gif

I'll post some more comments latter when I'll do my test with Freesync, playing some games @1080p also to test the interpolation and setting the colour profiles and drivers to the monitor.

thumb.gif

UPDATE
So after a couple of hours playing with my new screens my initial impressions are still on!
The games look fantastic on an IPS screen and I see things the previously didn't notice. The size of course contributes to that.

I played also Battlefield 1 and Flatout 4 to check the Freesync and I must say I'm impressed. Even at lower frame rates around 40 you don't really notice that you drop that low because the gameplay is always smooth and without dropped frames. Didn't notice any lag too.It feels exactly as my 1ms TN screen.

Out of the box strangely the screen has the Freesync range to high (48-70) but with CRU tool I change it to 30-74 without any problem.
I set also the new higher refresh rate to windows desktop which previously didn't appear.

There is no obvious bleeding in the screen only some slight fogging in the left upper corner, but let's just be realistic. IPS screens have this kind of issues and is barely visible.

Overall 100% satisfied with my purchase.thumb.gif

Hi, you have a big happiness to get it without bad pixels! thumb.gif
I think your no need to upgrade your graphics card, it is good enough for 2k Freesync. My RX480 is a little over-killing for 2k, it can run most of titles with max quality at 4k. (I have also 4k TN monitor)
I'm 99% satisfied, but 1 black pixel in the middle of the screen is annoying mad.gif It is visible on all the light backgrounds.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello. Does this monitor support 75hz at 1920X1080?
Which resolutions do support 75hz (with no overclocking)?
Does this 10bit panel stand out from original IPS panels (8bit)?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in